Treaty of Poesy Renegotiation Conference

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: Treaty of Poesy Renegotiation Conference

Postby Xanathos » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:40 pm

"Due to renewed accusations of treason, no titles shall be given to any person remotely affiliated to the CZP until that party is still under investigation."
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby 123abc123 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:56 pm

"I hear by seperate myself from the CZP and all its separatist, treasonous endeavors. If need be, I will provide the Luthoris with any information they need"
-David Yisserles
123abc123

Postby Freelancer » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:06 pm

The Emperor, after due consideration and discussion with the government of the Pontesian Dynastic Empire, doesn't deems it worthy or necessary to swear fealty to anyone simply for a title of the Duke of Tadraki. It is his view that the title is of his right by birth and by him being the only alive descendant of the rule of Tadraki and that the request of the Luthorian government that he swear fealty to the Emperor of Luthori is an insult to himself.

Pontesian government believe that it is no longer productive for Pontesi-Luthori relation to continue this discussion and respectfully leave the meeting.
Freelancer

Postby Xanathos » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:18 pm

If Pontesi wishes to exit the meeting and it believes that it is the best course of action, the Luthori Empire respects that. However, we assure Pontesi that no insult was intended.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Duke Matthus » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:57 am

From the Imperial Palace Chamber of Nobility Secretaries Office:

Before the Pontesi ambassador leaves, we would like to point out that this is not the first time that such a thing has been done. The Kaiser of Hulstria is also the Great Prince of Trigunia. In fact the Luthori Emperor holds the title of Prince of Trigunia, by Henry I. However, the Czar of Delteria claims the Imperial throne and through a treaty he is represented in Trigunia by the Great Prince. Thus the Kaiser of Hulstria is in a way a noble under the Delterian Czar. However, this is just simply a title that was crowned on the Kasier, much like the Duke of Tadraki would be for the Pontesi Emperor. Basically, the oath would be to simply mean you would never rise in revolt in the Commonwealth against the King. This does not mean you would answer to him, and in fact due to the IML code you two could never fight anyway.

In conclusion, with the expansion of the Kingdom Yishelem to first all of Enlid and then all of the nation, before it was transformed into the Commonwealth, the fact is that a portion of what would have been your "nobility domain" rest in different duchies. For that reason it is proposed that you hold the title of Grand Duke of Tadraki (Which not only would include all of the expanded original Kingdom of Yishelem , a.ka. Enlid, but would also include the other section of the nation your majesty has claim to.), which would be the highest ranking noble in the nation itself, excluding the titles of the Royal family themselves. This not only would solve the issue of overlapping claims, but the Imperial Court, filled with fell monarchist and nobles such as yourself (not to mention the Emperor), feel this would solve the solution and would make all parties happy.

As for the oath, since you are family, Constance your current Emperor's grandmother, was from Luthori and in fact was the daughter of one of our Emperors, I would feel safe to say that we can take you at your oath to the IML, and thus would not need an oath. In other words, if you agree to the title offered as your birth right then we will be happy to write up the papers and present them to his Most Excellent Majesty to sign and thus crown upon you.

What is Pontesi's answer?
Long Live the Empire!!!!
And while we are at it, "Hail the Holy Britannian Empire!!!!!"
Duke Matthus

Postby Bismarkey7 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:58 pm

We do not mean to sound combative, but the interference of Pontesi in this conference disturbs us. It was agreed between the Commonwealth of Yishelem and Beiteynu and the Holy Luthori Empire that this conference would consist of delegates from our two nations only. Pontesi was not invited. The issue of the Duke of Tadraki should be the issue of the Emperor of Pontesi, HRM King Gustavus II, and of the International Monarchist League, not of this conference. It is also the opinion of the BNR that, based on our original discussion points, the conference should be considered over. We kindly request that the agreed-upon changes to the Treaty of Poesy regarding the possible allowed names be drafted; the BNR is willing to draft this if so allowed.

The BNR Delegation:
- Danielle Frank,
President of the Organizing Committee of the Treaty of Poesy Renegotiation Conference

- Peter V. Hatikvah,
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Commonwealth of Yishelem and Beiteynu
and BNR National Party Chairman
Bismarckian National Resistance (BNR)
Having nothing to do with Otto von Bismarck since 2758!
Bismarkey7

Postby Xanathos » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:38 pm

"Agreed, the points raised by the BNR delegates are legitimate. This conference concerned the Treaty of Poesy and nothing else and is now finished."

OOC: BNR, can you create the new treaty please?
Xanathos

Postby Bismarkey7 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:52 pm

OOC: Certainly on the treaty. Will post it here when drafted.
Bismarkey7

Postby Bismarkey7 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:39 pm

See the Second Treaty of Poesy here: http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreaty.php?treatyid=1789. Thank you.

OOC: Anything that needs to be changed, just let me know.
Bismarkey7

Postby Bismarkey7 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:31 pm

The Second Treaty of Poesy is ready for ratification: http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreaty.php?treatyid=1789. Thank you again.
Bismarkey7

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy