Conference on Artanian Relations I

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: Conference on Artanian Relations

Postby CPHobrazia » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:10 pm

Statement from Ellen and Richard van Osten:

As you may well be aware, recent elections in Hobrazia led to the election of a new Government and Head of State. Consequently, the We Say So! Party, who have taken over control of Parliament, have appointed Mr. Phillip McCavity as their Foreign Secretary. As a result of this, the current Hobrazian negotiating team has no authority to continue representing our nation at this crucial conference, and this is a cause for great regret on our part.

We very much hope that we will be able to return to this conferences, and future events like it, in the immediate future. On a personal note, we would like to thank you for your splendid hospitality, and wish you the very best for a successful conference from this point on. We also hope that the new Hobrazian administration will send a delegation to the event, and should they wish, we remain willing to play a part in that delegation. We would be very grateful if they would put aside party politics and allow our delegation to continue its work here.
CPHobrazia

Postby UniSocAll » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:55 pm

I really hope that you both, Ellen and Richard van Osten, would still represent Hobrazia here at the conference, and if not, that at the least Hobrazia be (well) represented.

I have personally contacted Mr. Phil McCavity, and hopefully we could continue on with the conference, with the van Osten's as the Hobrazian representative, or at least a Hobrazain delegation by the new Minister.

Nevertheless, the podium is still open, and the mic still on for anyone who wishes to step up and give his or her opinion on the proposals, or really just voice their comments and opinions!
[IAN] International Airwaves Network [IAN]
Like Music To Your Ears | Connecting Communities

Alliance of Terran Republics
UniSocAll

Postby Leonardo222 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:25 am

"May I say that I thin a continental sport contest is a very good suggestion form Minister Boekhouwer. Like Olympia but only for nations on our continent." What do my colleagues think about that idea?"
Leonardo222

Postby Xanathos » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:29 pm

"Luthori would support the idea of an Artanian sport competition and hopes fencing will be included."
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby CPHobrazia » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:11 pm

"Hobrazia applauds the plans for an Artanian Olympics, and would like to draw the attention of delegates to the regeneration opportunities such an event could bring to our major cities during the bidding process to act as host city"
CPHobrazia

Postby UniSocAll » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:34 pm

"Then an Artanian Olympics it is! Mark this day on your calendar, as it will always be remembered as the day Artania united, even if it were only a sporting event, it is still a big step, and the first step!

I suggest then, that each country have sufficient time to establish it's own Ooympic board, it's own sports federation for each sport of the olympics, and also to build or restore their respective sports stadium. During that time, we must also decide how many sports, and which sports to be included in the olympics, while also creating a continental body for Artanian Olympics to oversee these Olympics, where each nation would take part, and vote on issues of the olympics"

OOC: So I would guess a treaty of some sort, where each participating nation would have a delegate, and all the delegates would vote. I'll create the treaty, but the first Olympics would all have to be done at the conference, much more diplomatic and easier, and then the treaty.

"I would like to suggest a provisional year of 2980 for the First Olympic, and now I would like to hear suggestion of sports in the olympics. Fencing has already been mention, and I know football, swimming, fighting and other popular sports are also possibility. And I think we should first try it out with say, 8 sports? What does my Artanian compatriots think?"
[IAN] International Airwaves Network [IAN]
Like Music To Your Ears | Connecting Communities

Alliance of Terran Republics
UniSocAll

Postby Afrocentric » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:05 pm

"Kirlawa has no reservations about having an Artanian Olympics. As for the sports, I think 8 is fair enough to start and then later down the road, we can expand it."

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby l-rouge » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:48 pm

Shiikanosuke Maeijima, Deputy Foreign Minister of the Hobrazian Imperium, looking rather red-faced as if he rushed to the conference, his notes spread out before him on both paper and computer, clears his throat and reaches for the microphone:

"Fellow delegates, first might I introduce myself to this auspicious gathering. My name is Shiikanosuke Maejima and I have the great honour of representing the Hobrazian Imperium at this conference." Clearing his throat and taking a small sip of water, he recomposes himself.
"I apologise for my current rather...flushed appearance. Suffice to say that my Government sees this conference as a high priority and, as such, I have travelled here as soon as was possible. I am also pleased to announce that, due to the high impotance that my Government, and all the people of Hobrazia, place on this conference that it has been agreed that internal Party politics be ignored as much as possible within my home Country and, although I will be acting as spokesman, I am joined by my political colleague from the honourable opposition Mr. Lewis M. Jefferson.
Hobrazia sees this conference as something great. It has always been the position of Hobrazia, throughout its long history, to be an inclusive Nation and, to that end, we welcome any moves to form agreements between our friends and neighbours across the world, and especially those near us on our own continent.
As many at this conference are no doubt aware, Hobrazia was, for many decades, the home of the Olympic Games and, as such, we welcome any reintroduction of those games, whether they once again be based in our Nation or not.
We would also like to express our intention of inviting members from sports teams around Artania to Hobrazia to play what is, we believe, a sport now sadly only found in our nation by the name of "Hastall".
Might I finish this statement by saying how grateful I am for this opportunity to speak to all of you on behalf of my Country, and hope that these discussions lead to a strengthening of all our friendships, old or new.
Supporting Hobrazia since 2035
"Do as we say. Why? We Say So!"
l-rouge

Postby Farsun » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:22 am

Adrik was just informed of the election results in Dorvik and nodded; he was upset but they had believed he would lose. Adrik stood and kept his appearance happy and outgoing. "Despite my recent loss in elections; I'm sure the people and government of Dorvik would support such a monumental step forward in our continent." Watching the crowd again he realized his place as a man of the government was important; especially to him. "The CPD fully supports the Artanian Olympics."
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Leonardo222 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:02 pm

"I think, first of all we should make a treaty about an Artania Olympic committee. Then this commitee can sit together and decide where the games should take place."
Leonardo222

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy