Great Sekowan War Ceasefire Negotiation Conference

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: Great Sekowan War Ceasefire Negotiation Conference

Postby MrBean111 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:28 am

As for Drania such statements against the "Western Powers" are not needed and as noted by the Luthori delegation such threats are vague terms to the point of it being meaningless. Due to the fall of the Kumiko monarch in Sekowo and the implosion of the Empire Magnificent, Drania at this point has no real monarch at it's helm, and noting from legislation on the Dranian floor breaking away it's status a "subject colony" of the Empire Magnificent perhaps the Dranian authorities should now consider re-installing the rightful monarchs of Drania, the House of Santiago.
The Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
"Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets"
MrBean111

Postby Zongxian » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:32 pm

Most of the Imperial Federation's constitutional reforms have now passed, dismantling the last remnants of the Empire Magnificent in our government. Kenji Ishida has been installed as Emperor of Sekowo as well.
Zongxian

Postby Xanathos » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:33 pm

The Jiyū-Minshutō's (OOC: I assume that is your party) efforts are much appreciated. We believe it is of the utmost important that work on a peace treaty between the Commonwealth Nations and Sekowo begin as soon as possible.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Zongxian » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:56 pm

Yes, we agree fully. Premier Lee is prepared to sign a peace treaty when it is completed and approved. I will also contact our Foreign Minister Dalia Patil (ISP), and she can take the overall lead for Sekowo in all the discussions on the contents of the treaty with the Commonwealth Nations.
Zongxian

Postby Iori » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:16 pm

OOC:
Should we negotiate the treaty in this thread or create a new one for it?
Iori

Postby Polites » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:54 pm

Taking into account the requests of the Luthori and Hulstrian delegations concerning Drania, our government makes the following suggestions:
1. We are aware that we are on the losing side of this war, and that our only battle was a defeat for us. Therefore we consider the demand that Deulatoji repay the cost of the Luthori shells and missiles fired against our ships legitimate and we shall comply
2. By our statements that we continue our struggle against Western imperialism we mean that we are deeply dissatisfied with the status quo in Dovani, which we see as very favourable to Western powers, but not satisfactory for the well being of the continent's native inhabitants. We are determined to help modify this status quo, and for the time being we shall do so by entirely democratic and peaceful means. We reserve the right to produce and spread propaganda and information about this goal of ours, and find the demand that Deulatoji cease to do so highly unusual.
3. We cannot in good faith restore to the throne of our country a monarch and a ruling house which we ourselves overthrew in a revolution, especially that with the defeat of the Eternal Harmony our government has become a people's republic. Although this is beyond the purposes of this peace conference, we need to remind Greater Hulstria that the House of Santiago is a very recent historical creation, having first appeared as a Metropolitan family within the Universal Church of Terra in 2874. Nevertheless, we are willing to allow the House to return to Drania and resume Dranian citizenship under the condition they renounce all claims to the Dranian throne. In return, our government shall allow the head of the House of Santiago to become the supreme leader of the Universal Church of Terra within Drania, and also to assume the position of representative and ruler of the Dranian minority in Deulatoji.
We hope these suggestions are well received, in the interests of peace and prosperity in Dovani and all of Terra.
Polites

Postby Xanathos » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:12 am

His Imperial and Most Excellent Majesty Emperor Gustavus II is both surprised and pleased at the Dranian's regime newfound attitude of cooperation. The total cost of the ammunition used during the sea battle is estimated at £ 1,500,000, which is equal to 9,786,385 DRA. We please request the payment to be in Luthori pounds and to be wired to the Imperial Treasury of Luthori.

Furthermore, what Drania does inside its own borders is of little concern to us as long as its behavior does not compromise the Commonwealth's interests, that is on a domestic level. On an international level, we completely recognize the Dranian regime's right to say whatever it pleases. However, we also recognize the Empire's obligation to restore the Santiago dynasty if Drania takes actions that makes the Empire notice it. Ergo, for the continuation of peace and the avoidance of bloodshed, we strongly suggest Drania does not make itself noticed in any way shape or form.

We do not believe there is really anything more to say, we appreciate your cooperation and hope that we never have to meet again.

OOC: Perhaps a new thread, since this is specifically about a ceasefire, although i think we should hear from the other participants before deciding.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Xanathos » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:15 pm

OOC: bump
Xanathos

Postby Iori » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:40 pm

OOC:
So, shall I create a new Peace Treaty thread?
Iori

Postby Xanathos » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:15 am

OOC: Yes, I think its a good idea, otherwise, this is never going to end.
Xanathos

Previous

Return to Diplomacy