Intl Summit to Discuss World Affairs - San Zambrano

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Intl Summit to Discuss World Affairs - San Zambrano

Postby beeman5 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:12 pm

International Summit to Discuss Gao-Shawa Aggression & Create International Organization for Peace, Democracy, & Freedom

September 3369

San Zambrano, Gaduridos

(OOC: Please feel free to join. Every country has an open invitation.)

Nations Represented (Italics Denote Observer Status, Bold Denotes Highest Ranking Member of Delegation):
Gaduridos - Captain Tomás Sankara Sorrentino
Al'Badara - Jalal Al-E-Ahmad & Barry Wilson-Davis
Selucia - Hans Klein & Mr. John Fabianer
Cildania - Gene Glass, Dr. Jeremy Thomasson IV, Dr. Rosie Pinder, & Jady Ruḣ
Kizenia - Eleonora Iliescu
Hulstria - Xavier Schemmel
Keymon - Dr. Albert Coolwithy
Dundorf - Amber Johnson
Jelbania - Alexander Woodbury & Erika d'Entremont
Jakania - Crown Prince Ankhpieoi

Nations Declining Participation in International Organization:
Indrala - Tengyuan Xinyu
Kalopia
Sekowo - Matudaira Hiro

Agenda:
Al'Badara Crisis
Gao-Shawa Aggression/Sekowo Genocide
Creation of International Organization for Peace, Democracy, & Freedom
Last edited by beeman5 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:28 am, edited 9 times in total.
beeman5

Re: Intl Summit to Discuss Gao-Shawa Aggression - San Zambrano

Postby Reno » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:56 am

OOC: Representation from Indrala (of all nations) will attend the summit, if only to defend its stance. Please tell me the format intended for this summit.
Resident Chinese/Cantonese, upholder of Gao-Showan civilisation.
Reno

Postby Jalal Al-e-Ahmad » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:29 pm

Jalal Al-E-Ahmad of Al'Badara will be in attendance at this conference.
What you aspire to as revolutionaries is a new master. You will get one. - Jacques Lacan
Jalal Al-e-Ahmad

Postby meisme » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:30 pm

OOC: I'm assuming more than one member of a nation can join. If not, don't listen to this...

IC:

Barry Wilson-Davis of Al'Badara will attend this conference.
meisme

Location: Being taken to the gates of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome

Postby beeman5 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:06 am

All are welcome to attend this summit and there may be more than one representative per nation.

I have also added the Al'Badara Crisis to the agenda. Once we receive at least two more participant nations, we will begin the summit, although more nations may join after the start.
beeman5

Re: Intl Summit to Discuss World Affairs - San Zambrano

Postby Polites » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:01 pm

Sekowo shall be represented by the Minister of Rites Matudaira Hiro.
Polites

Postby Leonardo222 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:47 pm

The Imperium Selucianum will be represented by the deputy under secretray of the ministry for foreign affairs, Hans Klein, and parliamentarian under secretary for foreign affairs Mr John Fabianer.
Leonardo222

Postby beeman5 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:57 pm

30 May 3373

Undisclosed Location, San Zambrano, Gaduridos

The boardroom looks almost as if a major business transaction were about to take place or even a surrender between nations. Each few seats have a placard and flag in front of them denoting the country of the representatives.

Sorrentino entered and sauntered to the head of the table, flanked by his advisors.

"I thank you all for attending, especially the first five nations represented here: Indrala, Al'Badara, Sekowo, & Selucia. I have called this meeting as the world is increasingly becoming a pre-carious place with most nations only concerned about their internal affairs as they ignore the very real international affairs that affect all of our citizens at home. There is no doubt that our countries can depend on themselves and globalization has ensured the dependence of our economies on each other.

"Each of our nations do not operate in a vaccuum. We must recognize and establish an international forum where disputes may be heard and the principles of democracy, freedom, and peace are advanced.

"As the convening authority, I will chair this summit, if there is no objection. The rules for this summit will be that each nation receives one vote and we will abide by standard parliamentary practice (OOC: Robert's Rules of Order).

"Our agenda thus far is the Al'Badaran Crisis, Gao-Shawa Aggression, & Creation of an International Organization for Peace, Democracy, & Freedom. If there are any additions to the agenda, please feel free to nominate them.

"Our first item is the Al'Badaran Crisis. There is a growing humanitarian situation in Al'Badara as the nation transitions from one administration to another. In addition, there have been terrorist attacks as well as what some nations would describe as a political party with a terrorist arm not to mention concerns of genocide. As members of international community, we must band together to resolve this crisis that is quickly spiraling out of control. At this time, the floor is open for discussion."

(OOC: So it begins! If your nation would like to join, please feel free to act like your country was here since the start of the summit. Sorrentino will automatically recognize anyone who wishes to speak or make a motion. Motions require a second, though before it proceeds to voting. Please allow myself to move motions to a vote. For those unfamiliar with Robert's Rules of Order, you can reference what Model UN runs. My hope is to turn this into a UN-style organization.)
beeman5

Postby GreekIdiot » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:28 pm

Grand Dictatorship of Kalopia
June 3373 - KRC Presidential Office Complex

"We are deeply troubled by the ongoing crisis in Al'Badara. As born businessmen, we come in great sorrow to witness the ups and downs and generally the unstable ground underneath the petroleum market. The Al'Badaran crisis is deeply affecting oil prices and has made our negotiations and trade truly unstable. Like, I am sure of that, any country around Terra, Kalopia is witnessing terrible fluctuations with regards to many petroleum related products, including the direct oil market that powers even the smallest of vehicles. Our duty is to end this nightmare. We have a proposal to immediately deal with the Al'Badaran, and therefore the steadily growing oil crisis we are all experiencing, and we shall present it should the floor wishes to hear it. Thank you very much."

~ Anonymous KRC Official
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby beeman5 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:31 am

An aide entered the room as the Representative from Kalopia spoke and handed a piece of paper to Sorrentino. After the Kalopia Representative was finished, Sorrentino addressed the summit again.

"My fellow representatives and world leaders, it has just come to my attention that there has been confirmed reports of genocide in Al'Badara. These reports have been confirmed by observers within Al'Badara while the perpetrators, the Radical League of the True Vanguards have confessed to their crimes against humanity. In total, over fifty thousand refugees have been murdered with two entire camps wiped off the map.

"I had wished that Gaduridos remained neutral in this conflict; however, it is very clear that the Radical League has no regard for human life and enjoys calling us by the racial slur of Gaduri.

"We must act now, and we move for the creation of an international organization for peace, democracy, & freedom to be called: Assembly of Nations, with a charter to be drafted at once and distributed to the attending nations at this conference who will become the original members of the Assembly.

"In addition, we move for the creation of a coalition of nations to provide protection to Al'Badara's refugees."

(OOC: It appears we will be moving a lot more quickly on this matter than I originally intended, although if everyone is on board, I am game.)
beeman5

Next

Return to Diplomacy