New Englian Conference

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: New Englian Conference

Postby TWoodWil » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:15 am

Jessaveryja wrote:Seeing that we have ratified the treaty, the nation of Talmoria would like permission to join in the conversation.

The Treaty of New Indrala states that its articles are applicable and the conference is between the nations of the Quadruple Alliance and the people of New Englia.
Liberaldemokratische Allianz
Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
TWoodWil

Postby MrBean111 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:08 am

ooc: Jessaveryja, you don't have any right to be here. You were not even here during the first New Englian conferences or were around during the New Englian Crisis. The Treaty of New Indrala is between Hulstria, Sekowo, Kazulia, and Kirlawa only, obviously so because we were the only nations involved in the New Englian Crisis. In this case, you presence here will be ignored from here on and I urge fellow members taking part to ignore him as well.
The Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
"Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets"
MrBean111

Postby TWoodWil » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:31 pm

Let the New Englians conduct their referendum as soon as is practical.

OOC: Kirlawan players involved please determine vote outcome. Hopefully it can be done before the end of the weekend.
Last edited by TWoodWil on Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TWoodWil

Postby Malefic » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:42 pm

Kazulia also hopes to see the referendum be held soon.

OOC: And we don't really care how it is done.
Malefic

Postby MrBean111 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:29 pm

I've contacted the Kirlawan and New Englian Delegation and asked them at the quickest amount of time to come to a decision.

ooc: messaged the Kirlawan FA to make a decision.
The Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
"Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets"
MrBean111

Postby Afrocentric » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:53 am

I am here today to present the following results from the referendum conducted. The results from the election have been checked thouroughly and for aany errors that may affect the results. The results were certified by the National Election Board of New Englia.

The last census (taken in 2775) put the population at 39,800,000 people. The suffrage available from that population is 21,761,430; of the population, suffrage was put at 79.55% or about 17,311,900 persons. Voting was conducted in all 3 provinces and was open to all legal residents of New Englia who were registered to vote.

The ballot for the referendum featured 5 questions choosen by the Quadruple Alliance. It was put in "Two Step-Five Question" form which features 2 parts or steps and comprises 5 questions. It was required that people answer all the questions to consider it a valid vote; any partialy completed ballot was disregarded and thrown out. The ballot featured the following 5 questions and looked like this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voting Ballot for New Englia Referendum

Part 1:
1) Do you support the establishment of New Englia as an independent and sovereign Dovani nation under the protection of the Quadruple Alliance? (Yes/No)
[Requires Double Majority* to pass]

Part 2
Then the second question grouping on the ballot, which only applies if Yes fails to achieve the requisite majority:
1) Do you support a continuation of Quadruple Alliance joint governance of New Englia with strong home rule? (status quo)
2) Do you support annexation of New Englia by a member of the Quadruple Alliance? (If majority vote yes, a second referendum is held within a month on which nation is to be allowed to annex)
3) Do you support the dissolution of New Englia? (If majority vote yes, a second referendum is held within a month to determine how to split, who gets individual regions)
4) Do you support the establishment of New Englia as a protectorate of a member of the Quadruple Alliance? (The current status quo as if applied to just a single nation. If majority vote yes, a second referendum is held within a month on which nation is to be the protecting power)

*Double Majority is 55% or more voting in favor of the measure.

Results for New Englia Referendum

Part 1:
1) Do you support the establishment of New Englia as an independent and sovereign Dovani nation under the protection of the Quadruple Alliance?-

13,098,183 Votes (75.66%) Winner

Part 2
Then the second question grouping on the ballot, which only applies if Yes fails to achieve the requisite majority.

1) Do you support a continuation of Quadruple Alliance joint governance of New Englia with strong home rule?- 3,230,400 Votes (18.66%)

2) Do you support annexation of New Englia by a member of the Quadruple Alliance?- 1,211,833 Votes (7%)

3) Do you support the dissolution of New Englia?- 0 Votes (0%)

4) Do you support the establishment of New Englia as a protectorate of a member of the Quadruple Alliance?- 1,731,190 Votes (10%)

The overall results from the referendum show that 75% of the nation would like to see New Englia become an independent nation with protection by the Alliance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is in my opinion and that of the New Englian gov't that we debate and ultimately hold a referendum over the type of govenrment that will rule the nation. The New Englian gov't has expressed that a semi-presidential system be put in place with a President as HoS and Prime Minister as HoG.

This document has been signed by myself and the Head of the National Election Board and the Representative of the New Englian Government to ensure that the results have been certified and reviewed by government officials and are valid.

Signed,
Kwame Mubeki
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Republic of Kirlawa

Austin Kendall
Head of the National Election Board of New Englia
New Englia

Olzig Bernkamp
New Englia Government Representative
New Englia

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Iori » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:27 am

OOC:
How exactly is this going to work out, since it will never atucally become a nation?
Iori

Postby Afrocentric » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:22 pm

Iori wrote:OOC:
How exactly is this going to work out, since it will never atucally become a nation?

OOC: Your guess is as good as mine. When I was calculating the referendum results, I thought for a minute about how it would work; I came to the conclusion that the gov't and the nation would have to be RPed a person(s).

Afrocentric

Postby Afrocentric » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:05 pm

I have a list of suggestions for the nation that have been sent to me by the New Englian goverment. The list has been created after the government ran a series of polls and surveys after the referendum to determine the type of nation the people want and reflects what the nation will look like.

I. Nation Name
Republic of New Englia

II. Type of Government
Republic

III. Head of State
Governor-General*

IV. Head of Government
Prime Minister

V. National Legislature
National Assembly (Increase form 25 seats to 300 seats)

VI. Government Structure
3-branches using the system of Checks and Balances (Executive, Legislative, Judicial)

Note: Governor-General*- New Englia wants the HoS to have limited HoG powers. Because of this, they have stated that they will operate under a system of Checks and Balances for all 3 branches of the government to ensure no one becomes to powerful. This system is used in George Adams' book, "Democracy, How and Why it Works". The book chronicles a fictional nation called the "United States" which chose this system when they set up their own government.

It is my recommendation that the Quadruple Alliance provide help in the form of money, military training, construction of infrastructure and rural modernization. This should last for a period of no longer than 10 years. After the 10 year period, New Englia will receive limited help in the form of military protection in the event of a war and monetary aid.

Kwame Mubeki
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Republic of Kirlawa

Afrocentric

Postby TWoodWil » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:33 pm

The Kirlawan Plan seems most effective, but I'd suggest that we consider the possibility that the newly established New Englian state declare itself permanently neutral. The Republic of New Englia will maintain, with initial assistance from the Quadruple Alliance, a self-defense force to assure its sovereignty; but its neutrality will be guaranteed by all four of our nations.

OOC: I think this also goes a ways to reconciling the establishment of a new nation that will not actually be a nation. It'll be a neutral state (therefore no need to be RPed) and its neutrality will be guaranteed by all four of our nations (like Belgium's neutrality was guaranteed by the UK in previous centuries).
TWoodWil

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy