Conference between Cobura and Deltaria at Hudson, Cobura

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Conference between Cobura and Deltaria at Hudson, Cobura

Postby Arn527 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:41 am

January 3472
The conference shall now begin to discuss about Cobura becoming a tributary nation to Deltaria.
Arn527

Re: Conference between Cobura and Deltaria at Hudson, Cobura

Postby Donrub » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:47 pm

We support democracy until a fair meritocracy is established which is distant and long-term dream of the great visionary that was the late Lord Dr. George Mathias. We'll wait for the election results that are to come withing some days (15 minutes).
Donrub

Postby Donrub » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:11 pm

If other DCA and republican parties agree, we'll depart to Cobura and establish a government there for the good of democracy and the establishment of a commonwealth.
Donrub

Postby Aramas » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:42 pm

I have been sent to represent the Prime Minister, owever the Foreign Minister is the actual representative of the Czar and will have the authority to negotiate. However on behalf of the Prime Minister, this should be easy enough to negotiate over. The Coburans have already apologised for their wrong doing in Deltaria, and therefore they acknowledge their blame and guilt in that terrible conflict. They hace accepted the need to pay us tribute, therefore the easiest solution would be to commit to a programme of reparations. We do not feel, at this point that the relationship between the two nations should be defined in anyway, just that Cobura should pay fully for their wrongdoings. WE have never invaded Cobura, nor does Deltaria have the desire to do so. Cobura HAS been an aggressor and should make betetr efforts to repent for their past action, which were supported by many of the parties currently active in Deltaria.

Herschan Nemanka, representative of Prime Minister Stefan Nemanja
Aramas

Postby Polites » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:35 pm

OOC: I'm sorry I didn't post here as promised, real life got in the way unexpectedly. I'll do my best to post something later today or tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Polites

Postby Donrub » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:05 pm

No need for apologies. The czarists shall not remain forever. Ancien monarchism must come to an end in a free world. Cobura must have strong leaders but instead of staying true to their actions they flip-flop! Disgraceful. History shall judge Cobura on their decision to either be strong and refuse to budge or be quite simply wimps.

Fillippe Mathias
INDC Spokerperson
Donrub

Postby Aramas » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:17 pm

We concur, there is the opinion amongst some in Deltaria that Coburans are girly men who will bend over when anyone asks them too.

Herschan Nemanka, representative of Prime Minister Stefan Nemanja
Aramas

Postby Arn527 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:45 am

We know that the Interim National Democratic Congress and the Reakcionársky Cisársky Liga are both debating about having a czar in Deltaria or not and making Cobura a tributary nation to Deltaria and we understand about that, so we have a better reasonable, or fair, and peaceful solution to this problem. What if Deltaria has the ideas of federal constitutional monarchy ( a combination of federalism and constitutional monarchy) with the legitimacy of the Czar of Deltaria and any legitimate heirs, democracy, and a republican form of government which will be crafted by the will of the people and/or citizens through elections to the legislative assembly of Deltaria, in which that Deltaria, along with these ideas, can be recognized by Cobura. And for Cobura becoming a tributary county to Deltaria, Cobura will have to pay tribute to Deltaria for all of their wrongdoings that they cause but in return, Deltaria must grant liberties (some rights and some responsibilities, that is), such as the right to vote, the right to trade goods and/or services to each other in their country and/or any other country, and the idea of individualism, to the people and/or citizens of Deltaria who take certain rights and responsibilities by peaceful means and promote immigration, federal constitutional monarchy with the legitimacy of the Czar of Deltaria and any legitimate heirs, democracy, and a republican form of government which will be crafted by the will of the people and/or citizens through elections to the legislative assembly of Deltaria. It's the only solution that we made for Deltaria to use in order to promote peace, order, and the betterment of mankind.
Arn527

Postby Arn527 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:22 pm

Message from the People's Representative Party:

First of all,we are not swayed easily. However,we were receiving threats from both Deltaria and later Egelion. So,some Deltarians would rather that thousands of innocent Coburans(some of which fought for you before,might I add) go,outnumbered,to overthrow the czar. I don't like just turning around on issues,but there comes a point where the well being of our own country is more important.

That being said,I still don't agree with Cobura becoming a tributary nation. Sending our money to possibly be spent on things we consider wrong is just not right. It was also my understanding that recognizing the czar as the legitimate ruler of Deltaria would be acceptable for peace(which we did).

If that still isn't enough for you,we will talk,though I warn you I am deeply opposed.

-Harrison Baker
Foreign Minister
Republic of Cobura
Arn527

Postby Polites » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:44 am

As the Deltarian delegation to this conference rightfully mentioned, it is the Coburan government that was the aggressor, and for that we demand monetary reparations. Whether or not those reparations are defined as tribute or otherwise is irrelevant, but compensation must be paid to Deltaria for the wrongdoings committed by Cobura against her. We however object to making reparations conditional upon the reformation of the Deltarian political system, as the government of the Deltarian Czardom is opposed to any interference within its internal affairs, and we reject any suggestions for the internal organization of our nation coming from what we perceive as the greatest regional threat against our government, namely the Republic of Cobura. We have pointed out before that Deltaria has a centuries-old claim to the province of Tokundi as a region with a Deltarian majority, and we decided not to press that claim in this conflict, but we will not hesitate to do so if this conference fails to reach its objectives. We accept the Coburan recognition of the Deltarian Czardom as a step towards the right direction, however we point out that such recognition is not sufficient to repair relations between our two nations. Additionally, we wish to hear the views of the Imperial Empire of Egelion in this matter, as our allies have expressed their interest in the outcome of this debate.

Ƿilfrið Barðr
Foreign Affairs Minister of the Deltarian Czardom
Polites

Next

Return to Diplomacy