Second Session of the Council of Majatra (INVITE ONLY)

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Second Session of the Council of Majatra (INVITE ONLY)

Postby PaleRider » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:19 pm

Council Chambers in Portsmouth
Chair Gullimant rises:
"My fellow Majatran brothers and sisters, today we must turn over power to the next chair of the council. Before we do that I wish to extend my gratitude for leading this council during its first session. In my capacity I will continue to work for the unity and peace of Majatra and to ensure war no longer ravages our lands. It has been an honor serving with you all. I now announce that Solentia will take up the Chair. We must also vote to replace the members of the MHRC and the MSC."

In attendance:
Representing Zardugal: Jorah Gullimant, Vice-Foreign Minister (UFP), Chair for the CoM, term expires Feb. 3499
Representing Solentia: Ethan Danglers, Foreign Minister
Representing Jakania: Absent
Representing Cobura: Tmothy West, Foreign Minister
Representing Vanuku: Absent
Representing Istalia: Matteo Rensi, Foreign Minister
Representing Beiteynu: Absent
Representing Kalopia: Absent
Representing Cildania: Absent
Representing Kafuristan: Gen. Naveed ibn Firdos al-Hashem

Agenda
1. Nominate members for MHRC and MSC
2. Determine final MSC place in Kafuristan
3. Human rights violations in Majatra
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Re: Second Session of the Council of Majatra (INVITE ONLY)

Postby EgeDoruk » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:53 am

Saridan wants an observer status in Council. As you might know, we are close to Majatra. We consider our island Newydd Elbian is in Majatra.
''I never dared to be radical when young
For fear it would make me conservative when old.''
Robert Frost

EgeDoruk

Postby salve311 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Chair Danglers presides over the 2nd Session:

Greetings to my fellow representatives and observers,the first session was a success and we hope to keep the momentum going. I am going to note that only 5 out of the 10 possible members of this council is present, we do hope that these seats are filled immediately so that a proper Council of Majatra can exist. Moving on, the primary topics for today are new members of the Human Rights Council and of the Security Council. Since only five are present, no change is needed for membership for both councils. I also call upon the Kafuri government to finalize a place for the Security Council and to highlight the human rights abuses happening in Majatra.

I wish to call upon the International Human Rights Movement to intervene here as my country can be accused of bias as we were accused of human rights violation in Jakania
"Rocking Solentia since 3380"
"Socio-capitalism is the way"
salve311

Postby NLP » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:03 pm

The IHRM report listing every war related human rights abuse since the war began that has reasonable evidence to suggest they happened.
Abuses by Jankania:
-Purposefully letting civilians die during airs trikes
-executing and beheading of captured enemy POWS
-punishment without trial
-killing of civilians
Abuses by Cobura
- 150 cases of rape of civilians by Coburan soilders
Abuses by Davostag
- genocide of Zardics
- killing of civilians
Abuses by Zardugal
-bombing of Cities
-killing of civilians
Abuses by Wantuni
- mistreatement of POWS
- racist treatment of civilians
-punishment without trial
Abuses by Deltaria
- mistreatment of enemy POWs
- punishment without trial
Abuses by Solentia
- bombing of cities
-killing of civilians
Abuses by Saridan
- use of chemical weapons
-enslavement of Enemy POWS
-use internment camps
NLP

Postby LNRulez01 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:08 pm

Gen. Naveed ibn Firdos al-Hashem
"The Government of the Majatran Republic of Kafuristan agrees with our Solentian counterparts that is unfortunate that only half of the members have send representatives to this Council. We hope that this will change in the near future.

Now on to the points at hand,

Point 1; The Government of the Majatran Republic of Kafuristan, given the lack of interest by half of the member states, sees no reason to change the make up of both the MHRC and the MSC.

Point 2; The Government of the Majatran Republic of Kafuristan has decided that the capitol city of al-Kasraj would be the most logical place to house the MSC. The costs of the construction will be carried by the Government of the Majatran Republic of Kafuristan and by the City of al-Kasraj. Im am pleased to show my collegues the proposed design.

Point 3; As for the violations of human rights by both sides, i would like to refer to the report made by the IHRM. As it appears that both sides in the conflict have commited violations of human rights, my Government sees no reason to take any actions against those nations.

Point 4; The Government of the Majatran Republic of Kafuristan opposes the request made by the Saridani Government to optain Observer Status. If put to a vote, Kafuristan will use its veto power to block such a decision.
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby salve311 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:09 am

Chair Ethan Danglers:

"The chair recognizes and accepts the points made by the Kafuri Representative, Gen. al-Hashem. Invitations to the five errant nations will be sent and a response could be given or not. The membership for both Council would not be changed and remain for the duration.

The report of the IHRM is accepted by the chair and as both sides committed violations, punishment could not be meted out properly. If the IHRM could give me their proposed punishment for violators then this council might consider it.

I also wish to thank the Kafuri delegation for the new building of the Security Council in al-Kasraj. The proposal of Saridan to gain observer status is rejected due to Kafuri veto, you may try so in future or convince the Kafuri representative to let you."
salve311

Postby salve311 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:16 am

OOC: recently discovered, Beiteynu has already sent its Foreign Minister Habibi since the 1st session.

Gosh why habibi, reminds me of squids
salve311

Postby Catz » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:02 pm

Jakania will send its Foreign Minister, Malcolm Jax, as its delegate.
Catz

Postby PaleRider » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:59 pm

Delegate Jorah Gullimant rises:
"Fellow delegates we are pleased to be making such progress. The UMN turns a new chapter as we all become more involved and committed to its ideals. Now for the most part we gree with the points made by the Kafuri delegation. While it is important to recognize human rights violations opening old wounds senselessly will not be the right course as it will only serve to bring back old feuds which do none of us any good. We cannot forget yet we must understand that this is delicate ground we walk on. We must be prudent and careful, however I feel the UMN would be better served if we work to tackle current issues rather than digging up old ones to fight over.
We congratulate the Kafuri government for choosing a place to host the MSC and we look forward to more cooperation. Also we inquire as to the reasons that they oppose observership?
In regards to current troubles I ask that the UMN begin to look at the troubles plaguing Pontsei. There seems to be continuing security conflicts and human rights abuses. I ask Chair Solentia to open an investigation ituation there and I ask Kafuristan to use the MSC to look into the security situation uin the general peace agreement, and a possible UMN peacekiping."
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby salve311 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:48 am

Chair Ethan Danglers:
"The chair recognizes the arrival of two more delegates, Foreign Minister Habibi of Beiteynu and Foreign Minister Malcolm Jax of Jakania. You may take your designated seats. The chair also recognizes the points of Mr. Gullimant. Opening old wounds is risky so the only choice is to probably move on but never forget.

Now to the issue of Pontesi as raised by Mr. Gullimant, what will the Council of Majatra do with Pontesi? Pontesi is not a member of the UMN but is a member of the Majatran continent. This puts us in a unique situation as our intervention could be seen as meddling by others, thus sullying the reputation of this council. I ask Kafuristan to give input to the matter and that this issue should be held by the Security Council. As stated by Mr. Gullimant, we ask the Kafuri delegate to voice their reason in blocking Saridan's application for observership?"
salve311

Next

Return to Diplomacy