Second Session of the Council of Majatra (INVITE ONLY)

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: Second Session of the Council of Majatra (INVITE ONLY)

Postby dragoon » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:58 pm

Cildania sends their elected leader President Gavriel Uzira as their representative.
dragoon

Postby PaleRider » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:46 am

"Mr Chair,
It is my pleasure to inform the UMN and this council that Pontsei has joined the UMN! There are now multiple avenues we can travel to work on solving the problems there. First I move we ask the MHRC to begin an investigation into the alleged human rights abuses going on that they recommend a course of action and who is to blame. Second I would ask the MSC to begin discussing ways to bring a peace close to the events in Pontsei and ways to protect against any future human rights abuses. There are a wide variety of groups claiming mistreatment and we should working to peaceful resolve the situation before it develops further."
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby salve311 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Chair Ethan Danglers:
"While we're here, what shall the council ought to do with the situation in Kalopia. Kalopia does not have a representative in this council but is a member of the Union. I put this motion to the floor to be voted upon by Security Council members, should we intervene in Kalopia???

I vote AYE!!!"
"Rocking Solentia since 3380"
"Socio-capitalism is the way"
salve311

Postby LNRulez01 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:12 pm

General Naveed ibn Firdos al-Hashem, Permanent Representative to the UMN:
"The Government of the Majatran Republic of Kafuristan fully objects to any kind of intervention in the Wantuni Hegemony. Our Brothers in Wantuni have a right to combat and suppress these socalled "Kalopian rights activists", who are nothing else but foreign sponsored terrorists. The Government of Kafuristan stands behind the Wantuni Regime in their struggle against these terrorists and foreign backed conspirators. Even at this moment Kalopian extremists in Kafuristan are plotting to destabilize the country by means of ethnic and sectarian violence. It is my Government's believe that these conspirators and terrorists are backed by foreign powers who seek to destroy the brotherhood that exists between the Majatran People. My Government will do anything within its powers to combat any risks to the unity and soevereignty of our great Majatran nation.

Kafuristan votes NAY!"
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby Zanz » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:35 pm

In a note passed through proper channels to the Kafuri representation at the Council of Majatra, the Wantuni Hegemony addressed the warmongering rhetoric of the bigot Ethan Danglers:

Wantuni Hegemony Official wrote:Majatran brothers,

The Hegemony blatantly rejects any power assumed by this body, the "Council of Majatra," and will continue to laugh with derision at any further threats made from behind the Council's skirts by the warmongering Solentians. This council exists only to serve the fancies of a few bigots and infidels who would see the Majatran race and the Queranz religion erased from our home continent in favor of Solentian oil barons and nepotistic aristocrats.

We thank our friends in Kafuristan, as ever, for remaining true to the cause of the Majatran nation and once again call for all true Majatrans to reject the bigoted Danglers dynasty that has for so long held our Majatran brothers in chains.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby PaleRider » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:21 pm

Representative Gulimant rises:
"Unfortunately we agree with Kafuristan. The time is far to early to call for a UMN intervention and we would have to be referred an intervention from the Majatra Security Council. Instead we call for an investigation into these serious allegations made and ask that both the MSC, and MHRC investigate these allegations to see if they hold water. Let it be known that the UMN will not tolerate violators of human rights and that we will be thorough in our investigations of such accusations as they are not light ones."
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby NLP » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:45 pm

The international human rights movement praises this investigation and wishes to help. We did an investigation on the country five years ago and here is our findings
The IHRM has investigated the Wantuni Hegemony of Kalopia and has come to the conclusion that the country has one of the most awful record of human rights in terra. Prisoners are blatantly mistreated way behind acceptable standards.Through the "great Wantuni society act of 3480" people of different race and religion are made unequal and segregated. Formally good gender equality standing has dropped dramatically and women have lost most of their rights compared to men. In addition to religious, racial, and gender prosecution the LGBT community, which had previously lived in a safe environment, are now also prosecuted against. In addition multiple political rights and individual rights have been lost. Finally the rights of child have been infringed upon by the passing of the Law. The County is also a single party state and any political dissent is met with violence.

In addition during the second great Majatran war Zia El-Mofty and Wilma Van Haegen were both accused of war crimes due to their involvement in mistreatment of enemy POWS. We hope this information can be of some use by the Union.
NLP

Postby Farsun » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:59 am

Bernhard Xylander, Foreign Minister of the Dorvish Federation wishes to speak at this session of the Council of Majatra to discuss the findings of the Dorvish Foreign Intelligence Service about the Wantuni Strength-led genocide of Kalopians.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby salve311 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:04 am

Ethan Danglers, Fireign Minister of Solentia and Chair of the Council of Majatra:
"The chair recognizes the representative of the Dirvik Federation to speak before the Council.

BTW I deny all allegations made by the Wantuni Hegemony on myself and on my family. The Danglers family have been good citizens of Solentia ans have respected the rights of minorities aka Queranzians in Solentia albeit less slightly by my late father. But which I could not say the same for the Wantuni Strength in Kalopia.

I will also support an investigation on Wantuni Strength"

OOC: sorry if crappy, thia is on mobile
"Rocking Solentia since 3380"
"Socio-capitalism is the way"
salve311

Postby Farsun » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:21 am

Bernhard Xylander, Foreign Minister of the Dorvish Federation takes the podium before the representatives of the Council of Majatra. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs made special preparations by requesting to partake in this session of the Council of Majatra and the Foreign Minister was quite excited to be in Majatra. On this trip the Foreign Minister hoped to seal the deal with several nations including Kafuristan and Jakania. "Esteemed members of the Council of Majatra, it has long been my dream to visit such a historic continent." Xylander lauded the Majatran, he wasn't lying, Majatra had always been an interest of his. "It has always been the policy of the Dorvish Federation and our predecessor governments to support the Majatran people in their struggle and attempt to propel them to the top of the worlds stage. Luckily nations such as Jakania, Kafuristan, Zardugal and others have taken such immense steps to see that Majatra become united and cooperating to ensure that the issues of the continent are met." Xylander paused for possible applause from the representatives and also to catch his thoughts.

"I am here today not to laud the glorious achievements of the many nations on Majatra but to come to prevent Majatra from facing a serious issue that could grow and spread. I received a report on my desk sometime ago that the Wantuni Strength political organization which rules Wantuni, formerly Kalopia, with an iron fist has been conducting genocidal policies against the Kalopians. I will admit, I am not here to see the Kalopians restored to the authority within the nation I am here however to stop this genocide and bring those responsible to trial." Xylander paused against and folded his hands on the podium in-front of him. "I am asking this council to stand with me, to stand together on fundamental human rights and condemn this outrageous violation. I also ask that they stand with me in placing sanctions against the Wantuni Strength political organization as well as the Wantuni government as a whole. I know, some of you may see this as an attack on your Majatran brotherhood, I understand this and it would be difficult for me to do this to a fellow Artanian, but this is something that must be stopped or it will give Majatra unwarranted attention."

Xylander eyed the representatives and hoped that his speech was rousing enough to gain their support. He had already contacted the Jakanian government and had contacted Kafuristan, a long-term Dorvish ally in hopes of getting their support for this. "With these sanctions I hope to impose economic blocks on the Wantuni Strength government and political organization. Dispatch International Human Rights Movement monitors from Dorvik and any nations which seek to join and bring to light a tragic and unfortunate reality that we face in todays world. With this, I hope to establish a tribunal to try the members of the Wantuni Strength for their crimes." Xylander paused and took a deep breath, what he was about to say was monumental in his eyes. "The Dorvish Federation is prepared to go all out and enforce these sanctions as well as ensure that the ethnic Kalopians are protected. Yes, that means a peace keeping force will be dispatched to Wantuni if needed, all nations who wish to participate are welcomed. This is a last measure resort but I have the feeling that it may come to this." Xylander stepped back and nodded his head, as a sign of respect to the Majatran leaders before stepping back forward to the podium. "Thank you for your time and I will be here to answer any questions."
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy