Restarting the Council of Majatra Session for the UMN

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Restarting the Council of Majatra Session for the UMN

Postby PaleRider » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:03 am

FIRST SESSION OF THE COUNCIL OF Majatra
Representing Zardugal: Jorah Gullimant, Vice-Foreign Minister (UFP), Chair for the CoM, term expires Dec. 3517
Representing Solentia: Ethan Danglers, Foreign Minister
Representing Jakania: Absent
Representing Cobura: Tmothy West, Foreign Minister
Representing Vanuku: Absent
Representing Istalia: Matteo Rensi, Foreign Minister
Representing Beiteynu: Absent
Representing Wantuni: Absent
Representing Cildania: Absent
Representing Kafuristan: Gen. Naveed ibn Firdos al-Hashem
Representing Pontsei: Absent
Representing Barmenia: Absent
Representing Al'Badara: Absent

Much damage had been done to Majatra but the worst was hopefully over. Nations were picking up the pieces to rebuild and now hopefully a re-energized UMN could unite the nations to prevent further bloodshed and war....

Chairman Jorah Gullimant (Zardugal) rises:
"My fellow nations. Majatra has suffered grievously from the past 2 wars but now we have emerged from this darkness. It is our sincere hope the UMN can work with all Majatran nations to bring peace and stability to the continent that is so needed. Now we must set an agenda to discuss things and I welcome and encourage all nations here to participate so we can create a structure to prevent future bloodshed."

Agenda:
1. Re-establish Chair order
2. Name members to the MSC and MHRC
3. Discuss all relevant topics to the UMN to be brought up by member nations
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Re: Restarting the Council of Majatra Session for the UMN

Postby SelucianCrusader » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:10 am

Foreign minister Nathir Aked, representing the delegation from the Felinist Republic of Barmenia, rises:

We will agree to the agenda proposed my Mr. Gullimant. It is our hope that this forum may replace the horrors of war as the method of communication between nations on our continent.
SelucianCrusader

Postby Nickmaster » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:06 pm

James Smith will be representing Cobura:

"I agree with the current agenda,but I also feel we should talk about how to rebuild relations and Majatra itself."
Nickmaster

Postby Jaguar » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:39 pm

Foreign Minister Faizel Firuz Albaf will represent Jakania.
"My government agrees with the current agenda."
Countries I play:
Jakania: Online
Talmoria: Offline
Indrala: Offline

Wikipedia:
History of Jakania: Hiatus
History of Talmoria: Hiatus
Communist Party of Indrala: Hiatus
Jaguar

Postby PaleRider » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:00 pm

Chairman Gulimant rises:
"My fellow delegates this is a moment of great satisfaction as we continue to push forward with our goal of Majatran unity. We must now establish the order by which we rotate the Chairmanship of this body and for that I present the following resolution:
Resolution 001: Concerning the Chair of the Council of Majatra
The Chair shall rotate among the members of the Union of Majatran Nations every 5 years in the following order:
Zardugal
Jakania
Kafuristan
Solentia
Al'Badara
Cilindia
Pontsei
Barmenia
Cobura
Beiteynu
Vanuku
Istalia
Wantuni

All new additions to the Union of Majatran Nations will be added at the bottom and when all nations in order have served then the process shall restart again.

Done in the name and authority of the Council of Majatra

"My fellow delegates I also put forward the nominations for the Majatra Security Council and the Majatra Human Rights Council."

Resolution 002: Concerning Appoints to the MSC and MHRC for the 3512-3517 Term
The Majatra Security Council shall consist of:
Jakania (Chair)
Solentia
Cilndia
Kafuristan
Barmenia

The Majatra Human Rights Council shall consist of:
Cobura (Chair)
Vanuku
Zardugal
Istalia
Beiteynu

Done in the name and authority of the Council of Majatra.

"Finally in my capacity as delegate from Zardugal I put forward the following resolution for consideration:

Resolution 003: Concerning Wantuni
Noting the belligerent behavior of Wantuni
Observing the boundless accusations of massive human rights abuse in Wantuni
And deploring the lack of contact between the UMN and Wantuni to resolve these allegations

We, the members of the Council of Majatra of the Union of Majatran Nations hereby suspend membership of Wantuni in the Union until such a time as the questions regarding the human rights record are answered and Wantuni opens a positive relationship with the UMN.

Done in the name and authority of the Council of Majatra
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby SelucianCrusader » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:26 pm

Foreign Minister Aked rises:

"Honourable delegates,

We would be most satisfied by the passing of resolutions 001 and 002. However, Barmenia cannot accept the harsh wording and overhasty actions proposed in resolution 003. The way to promote human rights on our continent and to keep Majatra from getting involved in another great war, is through dialogue and understanding. We have therefore written a counter-proposal, with different infinitive clauses, that I hope that we can all agree on."

Observing the problematic human rights situation in Wantuni
And deploring the lack of contact between the UMN and Wantuni to resolve these allegations

We, the members of the Council of Majatra of the Union of Majatran Nations hereby expresses our concerns about the human rights situation in Wantuni and asks their government to review their curent policies. Further, we invite them to dialogue with us in a peaceful and friendly environment, and to work together with us for the sake of stability and security on our continent.
SelucianCrusader

Postby absentminded » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:02 am

The aged and greying Dawid Llanwr (U-IP), Cildanian Minister for Foreign Affairs rises to the sound of shuffled papers and gives a short speech in his native tongue and remains standing throughout its translation.
Cildania votes for Resolutions 001 and 002 but against 003.

Cildania seconds the motion of the right honourable representative of our Felinistian brother from Barmenia. If we on this council and our nations, peoples and governments are to overcome the recent crisis then it is imperative that we do so through co-operation and brotherhood.

Are we to mark the resumption of this council with an act of exclision? As that is what Resolution the thrid represents. If are to achieving lasting peace then that must come from inclusion and co-operation. To reprimand a fellow nation in this the first postbellum meeting of the council would set the wrong tone.

This council must not be about enforcing the standards of the majority onto the minority. If the Council of Majatra becomes merely a tool of judgement and division, to classify the nations of Majatra as either those on the Council or those held in the Council's contempt would not be a path to lasting peace but rather it would lay the groundwork for the next war.

Cildanian is represented at this Council in the hope that it may prevent there from being a next war, Not to help this Council create one.
We must show our disapproval of human rights abuses in other nations not by excluding or condemning them, by driving them into the arms of those who would seek to destroy that they seek to build, but by serving as an example.

As Cildania is the Dawn, the shinning and guiding light to the people of the world, so must this Council and its leaders be to the Continent.
Rule justly and honourable and guarantee your own people's freedoms and show the tyrants the advantages of a free society. Give them something to emulate, to live up to, not to unite against.
We must gentlemen, lead by example, not through threats and thuggery.

If the recent war has taught us anything it is the horror and perils of imposing the will of one nation on another. We are elected by our own people, We are a responsibility to our own people, we do not to the Wantuni. On their affairs it is not our right to dictate or command, their government put in place through the will of their people as expressed through the democracy we all believe in has that mandate and that right.

While we may not agree with the policies of other governments, we must acknowledge their right to do so as it is the same rights that empower us. And should we change that rule, say that the greatest alliance or military or council of nations should command the policy of individual nations, well what then but a war to decide which organisation has the greatest voice.

We have no right but beyond that, we have no power to force any nation to change its laws to match our expectations of them. If we want them to change that change must come through friendship, if we make an enemy of them for their decisions which are theirs by all rights, then we will only drive them further away from us and our ideals. Into the hands of tyranny or into conflict with us.

We must foster their reform through good will, through co-operation and mutual respect. Anything else will only lead to another war.

-Dawid Llanwr, translated by Foreign Office Under-secretary Salicar Laurentius
United - Seleco-Celdanr Communistarum Blaid
Cildania the Dawn
absentminded

Postby salve311 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:00 am

We support 001,002 but vote against 003.

Ethan Danglers
Foreign Affairs Councillor of Solentia
"Rocking Solentia since 3380"
"Socio-capitalism is the way"
salve311

Postby enchamade92 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:20 pm

"My honourable colleagues, the Government of Beitenyu also expresses its concern with the original wording of resolution 003. We would support resolutions 001 and 002, but the counter-proposal for resolution 003."

Anton Sokoloff, Foreign Minister and Delegate to the Council of Majatra
Protectorate of Beitenyu
enchamade92

Postby Nickmaster » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:48 am

We agree with 001 and 002,but disagree with 003.

James Smith
Foreign Minister,Republic of Cobura
Nickmaster

Next

Return to Diplomacy