First Meeting of the Majatran Human Rights Council

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

First Meeting of the Majatran Human Rights Council

Postby Nickmaster » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:40 am

As created by the Union of Majatran Nations,I hereby call the first meeting of the Majatran Human Rights Council. The delegates are:

Cobura(Chair)-John Lee
Vanuku-To be announced
Zardugal-To be announced
Istalia-To be announced
Beiteynu-To be announced

I welcome my fellow delegates,and encourage them to make any opening statements they would like before we begin. Topics of discussion are welcome.Our first order of buisness:

The new government of Wantuni has asked us to investigate the human rights abuses by the previous government. A
10 person team,with 2 representatives from each nation,will investigate.

Open for debate.
Nickmaster

Re: First Meeting of the Majatran Human Rights Council

Postby NLP » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:02 pm

Mona Rivet, spokesperson for the international human rights movement, takes the stand.

"I'd like to thank the Majatran human rights council for letting me speak here today. It light of the recent sinking of the Deltarian slave ship, I'd like for the Council to take action. I do not ask for war ,that has failed twice, and I realize that is practically politically impossible right now anyway. Through our own investigation we have come to the conclusion that aiding Deltaria would be the best course of action. Supplying them money, peacekeepers, opening up trade, etc. Their country is too unstable to eliminate slavery on its own. Along with this we also ask that all ships related to the slave trade are stopped and confiscated and the slaves freed. Thank you"
NLP

Re: First Meeting of the Majatran Human Rights Council

Postby PaleRider » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:22 pm

Lucas Ducan, Deputy Foreign Minister (Majatran Affairs) arrives at the council session.
"Thank you for convening this session Mr Chair. First and foremost the Zardic Federation is willing to send investigators to the former Wantuni Hegemony to catalogue and investigate human rights abuses. However we favor a different approach in that we believe a Special committee of inquiry should be established with both MHRC representatives and the new government ones as well and it should be based in the capital of the former Wantuni Hegemony.
On the issue of Deltarian slavery while it is appalling we should not rush into to many maters at once. We prefer to handle the Wantuni situation first and then look at Deltaria once they have become a member of the UMN."
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Return to Diplomacy