Second Session of the Council of Majatra

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Second Session of the Council of Majatra

Postby PaleRider » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:11 am

Council Chambers, Portsmouth, Zardugal

Rotation of Chair's of the Council of Majatra

Zardugal
Jakania
Kafuristan
Solentia
Al'Badara
Cilindia
Pontsei
Barmenia
Cobura
Beiteynu
Vanuku
Istalia
Wantuni
Deltaria

FORMER Chair Gullimant rises:
"it is with great pleasure I announce the opening of the second session of the council today. We have made great work in coming together in the wake of war and becoming one Majatra united in brotherhood for her people. It is my honour to announce that Jakania shall now be Chair of this council for the next 5 years and I hope as I am sure we all do that 5 more years of peace, prosperity and Majatran unity continue to be the mainstays of this council and our continent."
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Re: Second Session of the Council of Majatra

Postby absentminded » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:43 am

In the place of Minister Llanwr, Delegate Salicar Laurentius will be dispatched to represent Cildania at the Council of Majatra with a staff of 24.
He has been appointed Delegate and Permanent Envoy to the Council and is empowered to speak on behalf of the Cildanian Foreign Office.
United - Seleco-Celdanr Communistarum Blaid
Cildania the Dawn
absentminded

Postby Nickmaster » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:14 am

Foreign Minister James Smith will still be representing Cobura.
Nickmaster

Postby PaleRider » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:32 am

Gullimant rises:
"Mr Chair, members of the body I report grave news to the Council. As many of you already know Zardic and Coburan citizens have been illegally and arbitrarily detained in Dorvik and Dundorf on baseless accusations of being spies for the respective countries. I urge this body to condemn these actions and unite and stand in solidarity against these attacks on our brethren. Today it is Zardic citizens, tomorrow it may be Barmenian, or Badarans or Solentians or Selucians. We cannot allow this injustice to go unpunished. I ask that this body condemn these actions and take steps to ensure no Majatran can be arbitrarily arrested abroad without due process."
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby absentminded » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:32 am

Delegate Laurentius stands before the half-filled council.
The Council should concern itself with Majatra as a whole not outside nations or individual members disagreements with them. Unless a foreign nation acts against our Continent as a whole. If we set a precedent of the Council involving itself in the conflicts of it members then we risk it devolving into a weapon to further the petty conflicts of Majatrans or a tool to force Majatra to war against the enemies of an individual member-state for the private benefit of that one nation.
If the Zardic's must demand action from the council then the issue must be thoroughly investigated first, first it must be determined by an impartial international body whether or not the Zardic and Coburan citizens in question were involved in espionage or not and further more diplomatic mediation for a peacefully solution must be investigated before any official position of condemnation can be issues.
Answer Darkness with Light my Brothers, though they have acted against a Majatran nation, this is not the time to answer them in kind and risk further escalation.
The shadow of the last war still hangs over our continent, this is not the time to start the next.
United - Seleco-Celdanr Communistarum Blaid
Cildania the Dawn
absentminded

Postby conlib » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:21 am

Michael Urquhart
Pontesian Commonwealth Ambassador to the Union of Majatra Nations

Conference,

The Pontesian Government must disagree with the delegate from Cildania on the principle and purpose of the Majatran Union which is established in the UMN Treaty. I refer Mr Laurentius to Article 2 Section 6 of the same, which reads, the UMN may 'mediate any other dispute to arise between member states and a member state and a non-member state when called to do so.' It is only right and proper, in our opinion, that this session discusses the appeal of our brother Majatrans with respect to the citizens of those nations currently under arrest in Dundorf and Dorvik. It is our belief that the UMN should seek to pass a motion condemning the incarceration of these human rights activists and appeal to the governments of Dundorf and Dorvik to either release their Majatran prisoners or provide substantial evidence to prove the charges laid against them. Moreover, the session should also seek to defuse some of the rhetoric coming from our brother nations and eliminate any talk of declarations of war against Dorvik and Dundorf.
One Nation Conservative Party
conlib

Postby Sir Thomas Hill » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:50 am

I come before this body as the Legislative Lead for the largest party in Solentia, and effectively ruling Party. Unfortunately, due to electoral flukes, we currently do not control the Government of our nation and therefore what I say cannot speak for that institution.

The National Restorationist Rally, however, regards this body as one of supreme importance and in the silence of our Government proper, offer up our own considerations on these matters.

We concur, in full, with the opinion expressed by the Ambassador from the Pontesian Commonwealth. This Union was specifically designed to aid in the mediation of disputes such as this and it seems perfectly proper and practical that it conduct such business with grace and confidence. We agree that a mediation board ought to be appointed from amongst our numbers to see to it that the mater is settled fairly, expediently and within the full bounds of the law.

Amelia Ciron, Sen.
NRP Executive Vice-President (Legislative Lead) and Shadow Millennial Sage
Alliance Rose of Kanjor [Active]
The Unionists of Solentia [Inactive]
Game/Discord Username: Gobbleke
Sir Thomas Hill

Postby radkid1994 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:10 pm

The Yeudish Kingdom of Beiteynu will be sending HRH Princess Barbara of Padrilka as head of the delegation to this meeting on behalf of HRH's Loyal Government. We ask that the body respects our intentions to refrain from meeting on Saturdays to respect Yeduish Shabbat.

radkid1994

Postby Jaguar » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:38 pm

Jakania as Chair of this Council will be sending General Abd-al-Karim Abd-al-Rahman Amjad to the Council of Majatra.
General Abd-al-Karim Abd-al-Rahman Amjad
Countries I play:
Jakania: Online
Talmoria: Offline
Indrala: Offline

Wikipedia:
History of Jakania: Hiatus
History of Talmoria: Hiatus
Communist Party of Indrala: Hiatus
Jaguar

Postby Aquinas » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:14 pm

Archbishop Kamil Jedlicka is attending the conference as Deltaria's Foreign Minister. In his first ever speech to the Council, he thanks the Majatran nations for admitting Deltaria into the organisation, and then launches into a marathon 3 hour monologue about Dorvik's human rights record. Delegates listen in bored but polite silence, suspecting he is trying to distract everybody away from the multitude of abuses going on in Deltaria.
Aquinas

Next

Return to Diplomacy