Special Session of the Majatra Security Council

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: Special Session of the Majatra Security Council

Postby ButtSoup » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:13 pm

OOC ; And how about when he decided to declare that our former Emperor had fled to Zardugal with 'priceless national treasures'? He didn't check with me, and I know he didn't check with the character's owner, because the character's owner is inactive. But I let that one pass without comment, because I'm a decent enough fellow, and I have no problem with Zardugal's involvement in a strictly non-military manner. But due to the previously stated OOC reasons, there is absolutely no way that I will accept their military involvement here in any way whatsoever ; and I'm fairly confident that Zanz and Polites feel the same way about this, even if they're too polite to come right out and say it. If anybody feels that it's unfair or unrealistic on IC grounds that an interventionist nation like Zardugal should be prevented from entering this conflict, yes, I do agree. But by that same argument, it's unfair and unrealistic on IC grounds that Zardugal wasn't recently blasted into a smouldering glass crater by that massive Holy Alliance coalition that they managed to start a war against.
ButtSoup

Postby SelucianCrusader » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:15 pm

Nathir Aked from Barmenia, speaks:

My fellow delegates, the continued aggression on Zardugal's behalf is deeply worrisome as it is a continued threat to stability and peace on the continent. As a jelbic sister nation, Barmenia rejoices in the rebirth of Jelbic patriotism, freedom and democracy in Jelbania but is not ready to take sides in this conflict of titles. We however strongly oppose the idea of any illiberal disruption of free trade or other aggressive actions taken against Jelbania, and will never vote for or consent to any such activities.

OOC: I agree with you ButtSoup, the Great Majatran War ended in a fiasco, and the mods should have enforced a much tougher terms for the Zardic alliance. I was tempted to join Indrala in claiming that Zardugal consists of mutant zombies, while I think it's a good and fun way of reprimanding them, I fear it wouldn't be constructive on our part as we are neighbours with them. Next time there is risk of conflict, Zardugal should beforehand consent to get squashed if they want to participate.
SelucianCrusader

Postby Polites » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:24 pm

OOC: I subtly hinted that Deltaria doesn't want the direct involvement of anyone else when I had my characters repeatedly deride Jelbania's armed forces and turn down military intervention. But apart from subtle hints, had any of the participants desired anyone else's military involvement in the RP, they would have asked for it.
Polites

Postby Polites » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:31 pm

Deltaria rejects Resolution 001 or any modification thereof, as we are more than capable of dealing with the Jelbek "threat" on our own. As we stated before, the only action against Jelbania that we believe the UMN can take without it being entirely superfluous is the adoption of economic and diplomatic sanctions; our armies will deal with the rest.

Mikuláš z Čestibor,
Foreign Affairs Minister, Holy Deltaria
Polites

Postby PaleRider » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:41 pm

ButtSoup wrote:OOC ; PaleRider ; the Zardic-Deltarian Conflict ended in a sudden and ridiculously unrealistic mod-enforced white peace because of your repeated god-modding and ultimate refusal to play anymore when you realised that you couldn't realistically claim to be winning the war. Given that, I hope you won't take offence when I tell you that Zardugal can go fuck itself. You have no business involving yourself in any kind of war-RP so soon after that shameful fiasco. Personally, I'd be surprised if anyone is willing to get involved in a war-RP with Zardugal until that whole entire mess is forgotten.

SelucianCrusader wrote:Nathir Aked from Barmenia, speaks:

My fellow delegates, the continued aggression on Zardugal's behalf is deeply worrisome as it is a continued threat to stability and peace on the continent. As a jelbic sister nation, Barmenia rejoices in the rebirth of Jelbic patriotism, freedom and democracy in Jelbania but is not ready to take sides in this conflict of titles. We however strongly oppose the idea of any illiberal disruption of free trade or other aggressive actions taken against Jelbania, and will never vote for or consent to any such activities.

OOC: I agree with you ButtSoup, the Great Majatran War ended in a fiasco, and the mods should have enforced a much tougher terms for the Zardic alliance. I was tempted to join Indrala in claiming that Zardugal consists of mutant zombies, while I think it's a good and fun way of reprimanding them, I fear it wouldn't be constructive on our part as we are neighbours with them. Next time there is risk of conflict, Zardugal should beforehand consent to get squashed if they want to participate.

ooc: I will deal with these one at a time
buttsoup: how aptly named for you. While ill try and ignore the personal vindictive comments you made (and yes I DO take them personally). It turned into a clusterfuck bc in the end everyone was godmodding, and bc no one knew what was happening. I was rp-ing in a way that was based off what I thought was happening. when everything went to hell is when some players weren't cooperating and in the end no one knew what was going on. After I realized I as beat I sued for peace and then nothing was going on and soon we had the treaty farsun made. I made errors as did others sooooo in your own words: GET OVER IT. its happened. woo hoo. its done and been done. lets move on.
and if you have a problem with any action rp or not I take message me please instead of raging publically like this. a childish temper tantrum like this (which is how I perceive it) will only serve to increase ill will between us. Please PM me in the future about my actions before going public like this.

SC: get over it. no one really cares any more. Me and Indrala resolved our differences personally (not rp wise) and I suggest you stop while youre ahead. if this is a war rp zardugal will participate appropriately and ot the best of our ability. in no way will I agree to a predetermined outcome like this based on rage comments or hatred based to another.

With that I would ask that you PM for any more questions or concerns and just let things go.
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby ButtSoup » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:40 am

I'll apologise for being so blunt to you, but I stand by everything I said about the last war-rp. I won't apologise for making this public, however, as your war-rp credibility is at rock-bottom. I'm not here to argue about the reasons why, or who shares the blame, I'm just saying that's how it is. This isn't just my opinion, it's shared by many ; which is why I want to make it clear to all parties involved or observing that Zardugal will not be taking an active, military role in this particular conflict, under any circumstances. If you perceive vindictiveness, rage, or hatred in the language, wording or content of what I said, then all I can do is assure you that there are none of those feelings on my end, nor was it my intention to portray that there were. Looking over SelCru's post, I can see no portrayal of hate or rage, just a man frankly stating his opinions. I suggest you take some time to clear your head, then re-read both of our posts. They're likely to seem less 'angry' when you're less offended.

In the meantime, please feel free to help yourself to some of our defecting aircraft (hell, shoot some down, if you prefer), and please don't feel 'unwelcome' from participating in the peace and rebuilding process once the conflict is done. If you want to war-rp in the future, I'd suggest starting with something very small-scale and modest, and making sure that all parties have planned and agree on the general plot, direction and outcome that the rp will take. RP is not a competition, you cannot "win" it ; People are unlikely to want to put any effort into a war-rp with somebody they don't trust to play fair, so a small campaign that begins, finishes and ends smoothly would help a lot towards convincing many of the active RPers to try a larger war-RP with Zardugal again. Until then, I'd seriously suggest Zardugal refrain from any more militaristic dick-waggling.
ButtSoup

Postby PaleRider » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:40 am

ButtSoup wrote:I'll apologise for being so blunt to you, but I stand by everything I said about the last war-rp. I won't apologise for making this public, however, as your war-rp credibility is at rock-bottom. I'm not here to argue about the reasons why, or who shares the blame, I'm just saying that's how it is. This isn't just my opinion, it's shared by many ; which is why I want to make it clear to all parties involved or observing that Zardugal will not be taking an active, military role in this particular conflict, under any circumstances. If you perceive vindictiveness, rage, or hatred in the language, wording or content of what I said, then all I can do is assure you that there are none of those feelings on my end, nor was it my intention to portray that there were. Looking over SelCru's post, I can see no portrayal of hate or rage, just a man frankly stating his opinions. I suggest you take some time to clear your head, then re-read both of our posts. They're likely to seem less 'angry' when you're less offended.

In the meantime, please feel free to help yourself to some of our defecting aircraft (hell, shoot some down, if you prefer), and please don't feel 'unwelcome' from participating in the peace and rebuilding process once the conflict is done. If you want to war-rp in the future, I'd suggest starting with something very small-scale and modest, and making sure that all parties have planned and agree on the general plot, direction and outcome that the rp will take. RP is not a competition, you cannot "win" it ; People are unlikely to want to put any effort into a war-rp with somebody they don't trust to play fair, so a small campaign that begins, finishes and ends smoothly would help a lot towards convincing many of the active RPers to try a larger war-RP with Zardugal again. Until then, I'd seriously suggest Zardugal refrain from any more militaristic dick-waggling.

ooc: Please do tell me how by making a giant fuss about this when im trying to prevent a war rp wise is going to better relations? and I find it grossly unfair that only MY credibility was damaged when I hardly ever god-modded or anything like that. Lets look back at the facts shall we?
The Third War started when Zardugal was bombed by Deltaria.
Nearly half my posts were about how zardugal was mobilizing her armed forces and little else
When the war entered cobura zardugal send help and beat the vanguard of the deltarian army across into Jakania.
After that, personally I was expecting a long campaign slug fest but in the end Deltaria goes into a civil war.
Since a civil war would have a disastrous effect on any army, I assumed it had one on the deltarians and I rp-d accordingly by starting offensives.
When the posts came about the civil war worsening I stepped up attacks
Cobura then made the whole province claim about that and we all, including me forced him to back down from that.
I stopped at the Deltarian border with my advance, then Indrala invades out of nowhere and has his temper tantrum and after that all goes to shit bc ppl saying its unfair I beat back an army that while having a slight numerical advantage was severely undermined by civil war and further I received no protests or notices from ANYONE about my conduct.
Then the war goes south for me and seeing the growing fight about it I decide to sue for peace again (also had some RL stuff goin on and thought I couldn't maintain my levels of activity). Then no one offers me terms and the only ones offered are completely bombastic and outrageous since in my eyes this has been more of a draw with deltaria having the upper hand. Then with no peace deal or offerings Farsun comes in saves the day bc no one is offering either a coherent peace or a viable peace.
In the end it devolved into a clusterfuck bc we were all running around like chickens with their heads cut off....the only real act of godmoding was when cobura made their ridiculously claim which we all denounced. And the only reason I threatened to end it was bc it needed to end and i did what had to be done by someone.
In the end i have my share of blame but others do to. No one came me and addressed issues with me and if no one comes to me and PM's me about anything well nothing can be fixed can it? Just Pm me if you have a problem or question about my actions, don't be a child and cry like this. it helps no one. if no one communicates with me then i cant change or work to improve what i need to. that's the biggest problem. very little communication with anyone over anything. just communicate in a less provocative and public way.
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
PaleRider

Postby SelucianCrusader » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:43 am

PaleRider wrote:ooc: Please do tell me how by making a giant fuss about this when im trying to prevent a war rp wise is going to better relations? and I find it grossly unfair that only MY credibility was damaged when I hardly ever god-modded or anything like that. Lets look back at the facts shall we?
The Third War started when Zardugal was bombed by Deltaria.
Nearly half my posts were about how zardugal was mobilizing her armed forces and little else
When the war entered cobura zardugal send help and beat the vanguard of the deltarian army across into Jakania.
After that, personally I was expecting a long campaign slug fest but in the end Deltaria goes into a civil war.
Since a civil war would have a disastrous effect on any army, I assumed it had one on the deltarians and I rp-d accordingly by starting offensives.
When the posts came about the civil war worsening I stepped up attacks
Cobura then made the whole province claim about that and we all, including me forced him to back down from that.
I stopped at the Deltarian border with my advance, then Indrala invades out of nowhere and has his temper tantrum and after that all goes to shit bc ppl saying its unfair I beat back an army that while having a slight numerical advantage was severely undermined by civil war and further I received no protests or notices from ANYONE about my conduct.
Then the war goes south for me and seeing the growing fight about it I decide to sue for peace again (also had some RL stuff goin on and thought I couldn't maintain my levels of activity). Then no one offers me terms and the only ones offered are completely bombastic and outrageous since in my eyes this has been more of a draw with deltaria having the upper hand. Then with no peace deal or offerings Farsun comes in saves the day bc no one is offering either a coherent peace or a viable peace.
In the end it devolved into a clusterfuck bc we were all running around like chickens with their heads cut off....the only real act of godmoding was when cobura made their ridiculously claim which we all denounced. And the only reason I threatened to end it was bc it needed to end and i did what had to be done by someone.
In the end i have my share of blame but others do to. No one came me and addressed issues with me and if no one comes to me and PM's me about anything well nothing can be fixed can it? Just Pm me if you have a problem or question about my actions, don't be a child and cry like this. it helps no one. if no one communicates with me then i cant change or work to improve what i need to. that's the biggest problem. very little communication with anyone over anything. just communicate in a less provocative and public way.

hypocrisy [hɪˈpɒkrəsɪ]
1. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc., contrary to one's real character or actual behaviour
2. an act or instance of this

OT: Seriously, quit the personal attacks.
SelucianCrusader

Postby PaleRider » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:49 pm

Ooc: I am not a hypocrite and I did not make a personal attack. I criticized his actions, I did not attack him. And sorry but I get rather frustrated when I'm subject to unseemly amounts of criticism for little reason and when I am not the only guilty one.
PaleRider

Postby Farsun » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:47 pm

OOC: Either get back on topic and stop with the insults or warnings will be handed out.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy