Third Session of the Council of Majatra (Dec. 3522-3527)

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: Third Session of the Council of Majatra (Dec. 3522-3527)

Postby Dynastia » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:18 pm

With all due respects to the esteemed Mr. Athrōf, how can we be sure this was the government of Cobura's doing? It's not unheard of for terrorist attacks to be 'false-flag' operations, aimed at created martyrs to rally around and drawing attention to their cause? Deltaria is outraged at this shocking atrocity, and appalled that members of our own government were complicit in the act. We will be one of the first to declare war on the criminal government of Cobura, if indeed they are responsible for this travesty. But until our Truth-Getters are finished debriefing the despicable Silvester Dalimilek, what tangible proof is there that it wasn't the CPLF themselves who detonated the device?

- Milovan Radko
Deltarian Delegate to the UMN
Dynastia

Postby AfroRastaman » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:30 pm

Mister Radko, these allegations and, should I say, insults do not belong within these halls. People are dying in Cobura, the PRP apartheid state is committing genocide, and your own government was complicit in this. To accuse the Coburan People's Liberation Front, the only organization campaigning for democracy and human rights in Cobura, is a disgusting thing to do. Not everyone is as cynical as you assume we are, Mr. Radko, not everyone is Deltarian.

Now to the urgent matter at hand, the Karav Financial Services, an organization independent from all Majatran nations, has uncovered evidence linking the Deltarian-produced weapon to the government of my own country, before my party was brought into power. What more evidence does Mr. Radko want? What more does Majatra want? All of you, act now, before it is too late!

Pishoy Athrōf
AfroRastaman

Postby Nickmaster » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:57 pm

OOC:Do I get any consent at all in this RP as to what my actions are? Can I actually decide if I authorize genocide or a nuclear attack on a city?

I'm all for an interesting RP,but this goes beyond my boundaries.
Nickmaster

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:01 pm

Nickmaster wrote:OOC:
Do I get any consent at all in this RP as to what my actions are? Can I actually decide if I authorize genocide or a nuclear attack on a city?

No-one said you or your characters authorised it. The current Minister of Defence was the one who likely ordered the nuke on the city. The news report only made mention of a "PRP-led government" meaning the cabinet is led by your characters. Your character is the HoS and HoG, no? Your characters can deny whatever accusations you feel have been made against them.
Last edited by Siggon Kristov on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby AfroRastaman » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:06 pm

Nickmaster wrote:OOC:Do I get any consent at all in this RP as to what my actions are? Can I actually decide if I authorize genocide or a nuclear attack on a city?

Uhm, Nickmaster, you do realize you let a bunch of Deltarians walk in Cobura with a nuke right? It's not like it was extremely subtle, and you had ample opportunity to stop the entry of the nuke and end this whole thing. And if you check, nowhere throughout this RP have your characters been directly involved in any way. The most that has been done was that evidence was presented against your characters, which is a different thing entirely. So, what can I say, you should have seen this coming.
AfroRastaman

Postby Dynastia » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:14 pm

OOC ; I warned you via an OOC pm that we were very obviously attempting to sneak a nuke into Cobura and give it to the CPLF, and warned you that you shouldn't allow us in. Your response was to give all the relevant cabinet positions to a group of known terrorists, and when I further warned you what a terrible terrible idea that was, you replied "I can't take away those ministries or undermine them,because everyone will think it's racism.But again,it would be a hollow victory to detonate a nuclear bomb in your own country. And we know who gave them the bomb, and we can take appropriate action. Just remember,a nuclear bomb will put you in more hot water with the IHRM than me."
Dynastia

Postby Nickmaster » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:17 pm

OOC:I did indeed see it coming. I found it to be a hollow victory for you to Nuke your own country,seeing as you might just take power after the elections. And again,it's your own country,that you're trying to liberate,supposedly.

But I was wrong. So whatever. Let the glorious RP go on!
Nickmaster

Postby Dynastia » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:22 pm

With the new evidence come to light from the Karav Financial Services, and with word just reaching us from the Kéjencvár Halls of Justice that Silvester Dalimilek has finally confessed to selling the nuclear device directly to a member of the People's Representative Party, we feel we have no choice but to immediately prepare a humanitarian action into Cobura, to protect the Mallan, Majatran and Irkawan people from the mad butchers of their white-supremacist, apartheid government. When they detonated a nuclear device against their own citizens, they forfeited any claim to legitimacy. To avoid breaching the terms of the UMN charter, we hereby announce our withdrawal from the United Majatran Nations, effective immediately. We simply cannot sit and wait while the UMN bickers and dithers and presents toothless resolutions. The time to act is now.

We call on all civilised nations of the UMN to follow suit. Don't debate, don't present resolutions. The time for talking is over. The genocidal regime of Cobura must be toppled, before it's too late!

- Milovan Radko
Deltarian Delegate to the UMN
Dynastia

Postby Zanz » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:03 am

Jelbania too announces her withdrawal from the UMN and support for Deltaria in her humanitarian mission in Cobura.

- Azi Hjmokai
Representative, Jelbania
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby absentminded » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:34 am

The Delegate for Cildania rises
Our first priority must not be accusations or political soapboxing. No matter the motivation of this atrocity or our interpretations of them the actual humanitarian need is clear. We have a hosian duty to those who suffer from this outrage. Cildania of course condemns any who had an hand in this tragedy but urges Council members not to withdraw support from humanitarian aid to Cobura as only the victims of this outrage will suffer from such an action, not its perpetrators.
What we need here isnt landgrabs and violence. But medical aid, Doctors and reconstruction support and funding, Free from politics and national interest.

Cildania would like to call for the proposal of resolutions to;
A. provide relief and response aid to Forteco
B. establish a Council peace keeper presence both to protect the peace from inter-racial violence and preserve the democratically elected and legitimate government of a brother Majatran nation from foreign invasion
C. Organise and observe a fair and free election in Cobura in an attempt to provide a peaceful resolution to the crisis
United - Seleco-Celdanr Communistarum Blaid
Cildania the Dawn
absentminded

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy