Summit of Portsmouth

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: Summit of Portsmouth

Postby dragoon » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:27 pm

President Oscar Ole Cassidy: "What do you have written or proposed so far in the charter?"
dragoon

Postby PaleRider » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:18 pm

Mr President,
So far the Charter outlines the basic intents of the UM, its basic organization and how it should function. So far we have established the Council of Majatra which will be a first among equals in the organization. Then we have the Permanent Court of Justice which will handle disputes in UM and continental matters while the Peace and Security Council will oversee the stability of our organization.
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby PaleRider » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:40 am

My fellow Majatran leaders,

It is my sincerest hope that we can finish and implement this organization as soon as possible. Much promise lies for Majatra if we can unite into a single bloc and can speak with one voice to the world! Let the world hear the roar of Majatra across the continents and oceans, and let them lie in awe of the power we collectively have! A united, and secure Majatra is within our grasp and let us take it!
For many i know this is hard to grasp given recent Zardic foreign policy. However our own country is undergoing a transformation of its own. The evil and wicked imperialist class backed by the Monarchy is on the way out as democratic and republican rule is restored to the country and i make this solemn commitment today: no more Zardic imperialism now or forever!

Amanda Vesper
Foreign Minister
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
PaleRider

Postby benkito » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:38 am

Ladies and Gentleman,

As the famous Deltarian poet Aurel Erik Prochazka once said: "In this world only change is constant." And Deltaria has changed, to the better! It is a fundamentally different place than 10 years ago,
a proud and confident member of the Majatran family. There is full respect for fundamental rights, the rule of law, non-discrimination, and a more modern economy.
It's the efforts of all Deltarian who have made this change possible. I am glad to be here today in the name of all of them.

Deltaria will accept Charter of the Majatran Union with two simple proposals or amendments.
Deltarská Republika (Deltarian Republic) propose that Majatran Cultural Organization should have headquarters in Szenvedésvásárhely, Dissuwa.
Deltaria is is a real fighter and protector of the national identity and languages. This year Prezident Reznik founded new Ministry in Czar Court (Council of Ministers)
which is responsible for exactly that. Ministry of Deltarian Heritage and Official Languages. Derltaria will gladly be protector of Majatran Heritage too.

Second proposal, Deltaria propose that all Deltarian official languages become official languages of MU.
They are Daralian, Old Tokundian, Alazindian, Ushalandan, Akigan and Dissuwan.
Daralian language is spoken in all Deltarian Institution as official governemnt language.

Thank you!

Estera Skalicky
Minister of Foreign and Majatran Affairs
Deltarská Republika
benkito

Postby PaleRider » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:36 am

Fellow delegates, if no objections are raised it would be our pleasure to see Deltaria host the MCO. In regards to the working languages we could add Daralian as it is an official language of government but as for the others it would be problematic to have so many different languages working in the MU.

Amanda Vesper
Foreign Minister
PaleRider

Postby Dynastia » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:30 am

OOC ; Old Tokundian is a dead church language, used in a prestige fashion similar to the way Latin is used in western Christendom. Even if you approve of the other minority Deltarian languages (I personally wouldn't, but as far as I know Jelbania has no delegate), Old Tokundian would still be strongly out of place as an official MU language.
Dynastia

Postby benkito » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:43 am

Deltaria accept that Daralian should become one of official languages of MU.
Currently as I said before it is official language of Deltarian government.

Thank you

Estera Skalicky
Deltarská Republika
benkito

Postby sotearchann » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:06 pm

Dear Friends & Neighbors:

The Solentian delegation would submit a request that the finance capital of the Union be established in our capital. We will be glad to oversee the establishment of the union currency which will help smooth trade and further integrate our various nations.

We ask this in exchange for our vote for the Deltarian proposal.

Regards,

Julius Catan
sotearchann

Postby benkito » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:18 pm

Deltaria will support Solentian proposal because of good relations with Solentian government.

Estera Skalicky
Deltarská Republika
benkito

Postby Kubrick » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:53 am

The Banded States of Vanuku are willing to consider this proposal yet requests that the Vanukuian tongue is also added to the lists of official languages.
We perhaps find the terms of the union a bit too strained for our nation, we would like to remain independent as we are while cooperating with our kin and comrades across Majatra.

Signed,
Delegates of the Banded States of Vanuku / Wrnukék Pntezi Knstat:

Minister of Foreign Affairs
K. Znuksosz

Consul-Diplomat of the Council
M. van Zanten
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy