Limenostomo Conference

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Limenostomo Conference

Postby Porphyrogenitus » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:15 pm

Limenostomo, Ingomo, Federation of Zardugal
May 13th, 3603

In the aftermath of the fall of Pax Zard and the abolition of the Zardic monarchy, the government of the Federation of Zardugal, represented by Foreign Affairs Minister Basilo Kaloteto, has called for an international conference in the Zardic city of Limenostomo. The governments of Cobura and Jakania, until recently ruled by the Zardic House of Wiencek, are invited to attend the conference, as are the governments of Kalopia and Solentia. The purpose of this conference is to oversee the implementation of the Augustan Empire, an idea born out of Augustan nationalist circles calling for the re-creation of the ancient empire as a counter-measure to the instability following the collapse of the Pax Zard. The nations participating at the conference are called to present their governments' interests in participating in such an Empire, and a suitable royal house is to be decided upon within this conference.

The government of the Federation of Zardugal produces the first draft of the founding treaty of proposed Empire, and awaits for the requests, suggestions, and objections of the other participating governments.
Porphyrogenitus

Re: Limenostomo Conference

Postby Opakidabar » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:05 pm

Political organization Zardugal - Our Home (ZOH) announced its participation. President of Zardugal Gaio Aurelio, ZOH Ministers of the Cabinet, major party leaders shall be present.

Also ZOH has ties within the TPC Order of Sv Parnum The Thunderer, which shall be represented by the Grand Master Theodosio Lagojno. According to unofficial sources the Papež of Terran Patriarchal Church looks very positively towards the development and considers coronation of Emperor.
Opakidabar

Postby Cortez » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:06 am

The government of Cobura sends the new Supreme Chancellor Ciela Rielo as representative to this conference alongside a few members of the Federal Delegation.
Cortez

Postby Jaguar » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:14 pm

The government of Jakania appoints Jime Yangchook to act as representative.
Countries I play:
Jakania: Online
Talmoria: Offline
Indrala: Offline

Wikipedia:
History of Jakania: Hiatus
History of Talmoria: Hiatus
Communist Party of Indrala: Hiatus
Jaguar

Postby Demitreus » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:57 pm

The government of Kalopia sends Lord of the High Council Cyrano Mikos to act as representative.
Demitreus

Postby Porphyrogenitus » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:12 pm

Foreign Affairs Minister Basilo Kaloteto welcomes all participants to the Limenostomo Conference. As the stated purpose of this conference is the creation of a reborn Augustan Empire that can serve as a defender of stability and democracy in South Majatra, the representatives of the nations participating in the conference are asked to express their views on the following issues concerning the constitutional framework of the Empire, as defined in the draft version of the treaty:

1. Electing the new Emperor of the Augustans; Zardugal proposes Theodosio Lagojno, the Grand Master of the Order of Sv. Parnum, and the descendant of one of the oldest noble houses of the old Augustan Empire, the House of Lagoenus. In his capacity as Grand Master of the largest religious order of the Terran Patriarchal Church, Theodosio Lagojno is more likely to receive the blessing of the Terran Patriarchal Pope, necessary for legitimizing any monarch in TPC tradition;
2. The succession to the office of Emperor; following negotiations with the representative of Cobura, the two parties agreed on a compromise form of hereditary-elective succession, whereby the principle of male-preference cognatic primogeniture is coupled with the requirement that any new Emperor is obliged to receive the support of the Imperial Senate;
3. The rights and obligations of the Despotates; following a request from the Coburan representative, Despotates have the responsibility to commit a number of their troops for the defence of the Empire, as determined by the Imperial Senate.
Porphyrogenitus

Postby Aquinas » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:13 am

I am instructed by the Great Elephant, Mlungisi Shabangu, Chief of the Ibutho and Shah of Aldegar, to inform you that he has humbly granted permission for himself to be considered as a candidate for the position of Emperor of the Augustans.

Dumisani Shabangu
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Ibutho Nation
Aquinas

Postby Jaguar » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:29 pm

Jime Yangchook

In the name of His Royal Majesty, the Grand Sultan Faisal I, I would like to greet the members of the Limenostomo Conference. I hope this meeting will be a historic day for the whole of Majatra.

The government of Jakania is in favour of the creation of a reborn Augustan Empire. However, we propose that the empire become an elective monarchy. Members should have the right to elect an emperor from amongst the monarchs of Majatra. Once elected, the emperor will rule for life. After his death, members should elect a new replacement from within Majatra. The emperor should not be allowed to appoint his successor.
So Jakania, Kalopia, Cobura and Zardugal should be eligible for candidacy for the office of Emperor regardless of religion, colour, creed, and nationality.
Countries I play:
Jakania: Online
Talmoria: Offline
Indrala: Offline

Wikipedia:
History of Jakania: Hiatus
History of Talmoria: Hiatus
Communist Party of Indrala: Hiatus
Jaguar

Postby Opakidabar » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:42 pm

Zardugal President Aurelio:
For elected emperor to work, we should strictly define election process.
1. Who is eligible to propose the candidate?
Proposal - Empire member state as represented by the respective Minister of Foreign Affairs.
2. Who is eligible to become a candidate?
Options - any person named by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of member state; OR - ruling monarch of member state named by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of member state
3. Who is eligible to vote for the candidate?
Proposal - Empire member state as represented by the respective Minister of Foreign Affairs.
4. Who makes a decision in case of a tie?
Options - Empire member state, which hosts the Empire Capital City as represented by the respective Minister of Foreign Affairs; - any other proposals?
5. 50% of votes + 1 or most votes (i.e. would 2 votes be enough in case of 5 states and votes split - 2, 1, 1, 1)?
Opakidabar

Postby Cortez » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:05 am

Cobura Supreme Chancellor Ciela Rielo:

I think it is very important that the treaty includes both free trade with all full/partial members in the empire and open borders between nations. I think its also important that all signatory members make their traffic drive on the right for purpose of convenience. Lastly i would like to adress and hopefully motion for a consensus on what President Aurelio has said about the holes that need to be filled,
1. Who is eligible to propose the candidate?
My Proposal -Members of the imperial senate and heads of states of member states.
2. Who is eligible to become a candidate?
Proposal - any person proposed is eligible so long as they are citizens of the empire
3. Who is eligible to vote for the candidate?
Proposal - The imperial senate should decide the Emperor
4. Who makes a decision in case of a tie?
Options - The responsibility of breaking a tie should be given to should go to the head of state of the member state the Emperor being replaced is from.

This being said, I would like to motion that the imperial senate should consist of the members of cabinet from each member state. I would also like to motion for the new Deltarian Government to be invited to this conference which with their joining may give the empire a large advantage in trading with access to the sea on the north side of the continent as-well as the sole control of Lake Majatra for the empire.
Cortez

Next

Return to Diplomacy