Ibutho Progress Conference

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Ibutho Progress Conference

Postby EEL123 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:23 am

Nolwazi opens Ibutho Progress Conference
September 26, 3614

Chief Nolwazi has made good on a promise made earlier this year and has officially opened the Ibutho Progress Conference. Although foreign governments have yet to respond, hundreds of foreign experts on various fields and businesspeople have flocked to Ibutho, probably in the hope of making a 'killing' in Ibutho's copious natural resources, which have, for centuries, remained "buried under a pile of shit, probably because the Ibutho people believe that they're wrapped in the souls of their dead and rotting grandmothers", as a rather acerbic mining engineer noted. There is also substantial profit to be made from helping the government develop a financial system and semi-industrial economy.

At the opening of the Conference, Nolwazi spoke to the assembled delegates, welcoming them, and saying that she was "incredibly honoured by your interest and presence" and that she looked forward to "working with you to utilise this country's potential to do great things... Let us go forward together to advance our causes, which are intertwined." She praised them for being "prescient and forward-thinking people, on whom the blessings of our gods and your gods and the ancestors shall lie, for in this country, none are revered as much as those who are wise".
House of Razama
EEL123

Re: Ibutho Progress Conference

Postby Kubrick » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:57 pm

A delegation of low-ranking diplomats, interns and janitors from the Foreign Ministry of the Banded States of Vanuku have arrived at the conference. They are being led by Barry van der Swaene, assistant-manager of the department of geological advancement and agricultural finances regarding international affairs and Karel Bosch, intern of the floor manager of the same department and student of political science at the University of Wiel.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby EEL123 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:18 am

OOC: Do that to anyone else and they'd kill you. But hey, we're some third-rate banana republic, so I suppose we'll have to suck it up.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Kubrick » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:25 pm

OOC: It's not like Ibutho knows the difference between the ambassador and the janitor. And hey, at least we showed up.

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

Kubrick

Postby Kubrick » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:30 pm

In the midst of the chaos that a banana republic conference most likely is the leader of the Vanukuian delegation tries to throw in a few words. "I.. I ehm.. have received word from our.. government that our nation.. the nation of Vanuku.. is interested in your resources. We wants them all. I.. I mean, we would love to assist your humble nation in chartering this for.. your progress.."

Kubrick

Postby Richard LV » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:24 pm

A rather late dundorfian delegation led by Felix Hoffmeister the head of the Dundorfian Ministry of Trade. Joining him is Duke Georg of Julstoch and his advisors Friedrich Lohss and Christiane Raithel. Mr. Hoffmeister apologizes to the rest of the delegates for their late arrival due to a long plane ride on Ibutho Airways. He also says that the hospitality of the airline was one of the best he has ever experienced. The rather happy Duke greets everyone and walks towards Nolwazi and bows in respect to her, "You are becoming a ruler of great status; you must show me around your wonderful nation and show me that grand palace of yours.
Last edited by Richard LV on Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard LV

Postby Kubrick » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:42 am

At the sighting of the high-ranking Dundorfian officials a sweating Vanukuian intern ran off to a phone booth. Deep in the night of the same day a Vanukuian military aircraft landed in Ibutho, the delegation was joined by minister of foreign affairs Krlvan Znuksosz and state-secretary Dick Cox. The minister himself tried to wiggle his way in between the Dundorfian and Ibuthonese individuals by saying "Hello, sorry we are late."

Kubrick

Postby EEL123 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:32 am

Nolwazi welcomes Dundorfian and Vanukuian delegates

According to government insiders, Chief Nolwazi "jumped for joy" at the belated arrival of high ranking delegations from both Dundorf and Vanuku. Palace officials have said that the late arrivals may have resulted from a glitch in the fairly rudimentary telecommunications network in Ibutho; one stated that "I would not be surprised if the invitations didn't get through until weeks after they were supposed to." Nevertheless, despite the delay, the foreign dignitaries arrived yesterday at Ibutho's only international airport to be greeted by the beaming Nolwazi and her trustworthy right-hand man, Finance Minister Sibusiso Mathebula. This morning, Nolwazi extended a public invitation to the two foreign delegations to attend a feast and traditional Ibutho performance tonight, to be followed by a round of what she calls Development Talks during the coming days. On the agenda for the first few days of the talks will be mining and oil drilling rights - apparently coveted by Vanuku. This will be followed by several days of talks on telecommunications and information technology. Further talks will deal with banking, stock markets and other financial services, followed by industrial development talks. Nolwazi hopes to round off the talks with discussion on the possibility of international trade deals. Meanwhile, she will also have to handle possible domestic opposition to the wide-ranging changes.

OOC: BTW, Nolwazi is a "she".
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Richard LV » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:08 am

OOC: I am very embarrassed to say the least. Thanks for telling me that!
Richard LV

Postby Richard LV » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:02 am

Mr. Hoffmeister stands and speaks to all, "Shall we make a move on with this meeting while the day is still young. Dundorf wishes to gain the mining and oil exploration rights in Ugwadule,Amahlathi, and Izimayini. It would be easier for Dundorf economically to create one main road that splits into two". Hoffmeister takes his seat and leans over to the Duke and says, "How much would it cost our national airline to takeover Ibutho Airways, and upgrade it to a modern day success?". The two remain in conversation about this thought, and many like it.
Richard LV

Next

Return to Diplomacy