International Forum on Malivian Unrest

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: International Forum on Malivian Unrest

Postby Afrocentric » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:39 am

OOC: This entire RP is asking to get retconned.

If you haven't already, I suggest anybody who wants to RP with Corvo and Malbar hammer something out OOCly or else the whole thing will be declared null and void.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby colonelvesica » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:25 am

OOC: alright well I know I've gotten permission from both parties for my own troops to be in the country either way. And the Bill I proposed in my legislature has passed with full support so either way I'm good to participate. I would like to say to both Malabar and Convo, you guys do need to sit down and talk OOC. Malabar clearly has the majority in the government accordingly I've seen controls 4 regions of his country and has influence on the fifth. However according to Convo he controls the bulk of the Army... something that is clearly disputed by Malabar. So guys we do at the very least need to hammer that out.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Corvo Attano » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:24 am

Afrocentric wrote:OOC: This entire RP is asking to get retconned.

If you haven't already, I suggest anybody who wants to RP with Corvo and Malbar hammer something out OOCly or else the whole thing will be declared null and void.

What have I been trying to say then?
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Corvo Attano » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:35 am

PaleRider wrote:
Corvo Attano wrote:Apparently malabar you did not get it but forcing bills down the legislature saying things that I have already said I will not accept (if I did not talk about them oocily and achieved a consensus) is not talking things out.

The only bill that makes sense is the state of emergency all others are nothing more than one sided rp deals you made.

Corvo Attano wrote:Apparently Malabar again did his thing so until further notice I will ignore all of you until you tell him to stop posting shit I haven't agreed yet.

OOC: your consent is not needed for every RP action. In areas Malabar controls, if he wishes to host an international conference and invite any nation he chooses he is within his rights to do so. You do not have to attend RP wise, but you do not hold a veto over actions he conducts on his own. Further, it is government sanctioned since a majority of the legislature voted for it. As the party in opposition you can raise hell about it but there is no mechanism for you to shut it down because you did not consent to it. This is part of RP-ing and he deserves credit for being immensely tolerant of your godmodding and overall poor attitude.

IC
Zardugal sends the following delegates to Malivia for the Forum:
-Gregory Tspario, Deputy Foreign Minister (Artanian, Kerisian and Makon Affairs)
-Fredrick Zhakaev, Assistant Policy Minister (International Security and Counter-Terrorism)
-Xavier Hwathorne, Deputy Finance Minister (International Affairs)
-Captain David Dewthrope (ret), Deputy Defense Minister (Strategic Planning and Policy)

Statement from the Zardic delegation:
The Fatherland Front is a dangerous terrorist organization that is a threat to international peace and security. The destabilization caused by the FF in Malivia can quickly spread throughout Artania and even into northern Majatra. We call on the international community to recognize the GJP as the legitimate representatives of the people of Malivia, to condemn the FF and their terrorist activities and work to build stable and peaceful governance in Malivia.

My god modding? Look who talks.
I am not against the forum but I never had any intention of escalating this rpily it was only going to be a non violent resistance movement coupled with a mutiny to take orders from the Army but apparently Malabar went all lets shell civies and institute a state of emergency while calling every nation to attack me who didn't want a war to begin with. I only wanted was to pressure the government to stop destroying the Malivian Imperium.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby PaleRider » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:51 am

I am not against the forum but I never had any intention of escalating this rpily it was only going to be a non violent resistance movement coupled with a mutiny to take orders from the Army but apparently Malabar went all lets shell civies and institute a state of emergency while calling every nation to attack me who didn't want a war to begin with. I only wanted was to pressure the government to stop destroying the Malivian Imperium.

OOC: well that is how events usually go. Once the ball is rolling, its hard to stop it from going places you didn't want it to. You try and organize a mutiny in the army, and Malabar will call on nations to ally with him so he isn't left vulnerable to you. You dont expect him to rollover easily to your demands do you?

I dont think there is a serious player on this game that thinks Malivia, barely a notch above third world country has the capability to have ICBM's rocket troops and a generally modern and advanced military. I have extensive RP justification for my military developments. You literally barged in and said you had a modern military with no RP justification. Large defense budgets notwithstanding.
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby Corvo Attano » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:40 am

PaleRider wrote:

OOC: well that is how events usually go. Once the ball is rolling, its hard to stop it from going places you didn't want it to. You try and organize a mutiny in the army, and Malabar will call on nations to ally with him so he isn't left vulnerable to you. You dont expect him to rollover easily to your demands do you?

I dont think there is a serious player on this game that thinks Malivia, barely a notch above third world country has the capability to have ICBM's rocket troops and a generally modern and advanced military. I have extensive RP justification for my military developments. You literally barged in and said you had a modern military with no RP justification. Large defense budgets notwithstanding.

Yeah and why should an it because malivia is not an active nation doesn't mean we don't have a good military.

Our cultural protocols are from India and India has ICMBs with nuclear warheads and a half decent military to why should we?

P.s Thats why I am pissed the fuck off he escalated this without even asking my opinion and calling a half dozen nations into this.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby malabar1 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:33 pm

OOC: Corvo, I haven't really shelled anything yet, other than mimimal reports in the news thread trying to make the RP realistic. I'm within my rights to use my imagination and produce war propaganda based on your actions, but of course you are also free to dispute that and produce your own propaganda. So if you want a peaceful insurrection don't be surprised if the other party tries to escalate in order to force your hand. That's just sensible RP in my view. I did go a bit far in saying your troops had melted away so for that I apologise, but again you've said you're ignoring everything which to me suggested you were giving up.

Personally i'm not too into the military side of things which is why I originally offered a coalition in Malivia so you could RP military to your heart's content. But if you are going to lead an insurrection i'm going to RP that all the way and use the resources that come with having a national majority. So you might disagree with this forum but i've the power to institute it anyway and besides, discussions like this are exactly why i created it so that you wouldn't get pissed when i contact other nations.

Anyway I'm not going to advance the blasphemy bill which caused all of this because it was only there to try and get you to approve the State Religion treaty which didn't work.

As for the claims over the FF having military control I think that is far-fetched especially as the army represents the guy I placed as head of state and that I have won most of the elections in the provinces. Maybe 20% of the army deserting is more realistic. If you look in the news thread for Malivia you'll see i'm open to a peace treaty in time for the elections which I think you should consider as this RP has so far stacked up against your favour.
malabar1

Postby Corvo Attano » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:14 pm

malabar1 wrote:OOC: Corvo, I haven't really shelled anything yet, other than mimimal reports in the news thread trying to make the RP realistic. I'm within my rights to use my imagination and produce war propaganda based on your actions, but of course you are also free to dispute that and produce your own propaganda. So if you want a peaceful insurrection don't be surprised if the other party tries to escalate in order to force your hand. That's just sensible RP in my view. I did go a bit far in saying your troops had melted away so for that I apologise, but again you've said you're ignoring everything which to me suggested you were giving up.

Personally i'm not too into the military side of things which is why I originally offered a coalition in Malivia so you could RP military to your heart's content. But if you are going to lead an insurrection i'm going to RP that all the way and use the resources that come with having a national majority. So you might disagree with this forum but i've the power to institute it anyway and besides, discussions like this are exactly why i created it so that you wouldn't get pissed when i contact other nations.

Anyway I'm not going to advance the blasphemy bill which caused all of this because it was only there to try and get you to approve the State Religion treaty which didn't work.

As for the claims over the FF having military control I think that is far-fetched especially as the army represents the guy I placed as head of state and that I have won most of the elections in the provinces. Maybe 20% of the army deserting is more realistic. If you look in the news thread for Malivia you'll see i'm open to a peace treaty in time for the elections which I think you should consider as this RP has so far stacked up against your favour.

Look because apparently we causing a lot of commotion shall we retcon this and be done with it?
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby colonelvesica » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:46 pm

Corvo Attano wrote:
PaleRider wrote:

Yeah and why should an it because malivia is not an active nation doesn't mean we don't have a good military.

Our cultural protocols are from India and India has ICMBs with nuclear warheads and a half decent military to why should we?

P.s Thats why I am pissed the fuck off he escalated this without even asking my opinion and calling a half dozen nations into this.

OOC: traditionally good modern militaries come from actively RPing them to get them modern. It takes YEARS if not upwards of a decade to modernize a nation and get it fully equipped with modern arms, equipment and tech. You did say you didn't spend millions 50 years ago to have a good military... the issue right there is what you said FIFTY years ago. By now that would be outdated and old technology, especially if you went inactive and any other parties came in and didn't use Malivia. Economies stagnate, money doesn't get spent, and things get left behind. I'm not saying Malivia couldn't get a good modern and powerful military, I'm simply saying it would take time to RP you getting that good modern and powerful military.

On the cultural thing... yes you have the CULTURE of India... but you nation doesn't have India's economy, budget or military infrastructure does it? Again if you want it, you need to RP getting it. That's really all I'm saying on the matter.

I need a final yes or no from you guys whether Dundorf peacekeepers are coming to Malivia, because I've already passed the bill and readied the post. If this is being retconned that's fine, but just need to know whether I wade further into it.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Corvo Attano » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:05 pm

I would rather we retconend this and you sent your troops.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Previous

Return to Diplomacy