Ishinawa "Lourenne" Conference

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: Ishinawa "Lourenne" Conference

Postby hts » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:53 pm

Thomas Van Locklan rises from his seat and begins to speak.

The embargo and sanctions prohibited all items from being imported to Lourenne.

Van Locklan then clears his throat and begins to speak again.

I would like to once again explain to the New Reaction that they do not have the support of the people. The people simply do not participate in politics. 16% of the populace is not the approval of the people. The people of Lourenne deserve better than your unbelievably racist and ignorant party. And I think that the people are starting to realize this, that is why they have formed the opposition party. The presence of this opposition gives Saridan hope of a better future for Lourenne. However, we will not lift any sanctions until our demands are met. And if a victory by the opposition is not present in the foreseeable future, we will consider further action.

Thank you

Van Locklan sits down and awaits a response.
“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”
hts

Postby hater » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:53 pm

Well Madam Staatsminister, the answer to that question is mixed. Obviously, Lourenne is no empire, and as such it is does not have all the raw materials which would be desirable in a well to do society. In terms of finished goods, we simply have striven to meet the challenge by improving the skills of our labor force via free education at all levels. This is an ongoing process, but our Minister of Education and Culture Comrade Chozma is optimistic and untiring. Yet the sanctions, though they are now participated in by approximately one fifth of Terra, still leaves the other four fifths open. So we are not wholly cut-off from the world. In addition, as I have stated, Vanuku has dropped its sanctions recently and has even pledged to make the necessary reforms to sign the International Slave Trade Agreement in the future. Finally, though the sanctions have overall reduced the quantity of materials available to Lourenne, the sharp reduction in income equalities and wealth disparities has improved the plight of the commoner from that angle. In short, the common man eats from a smaller pie, but is chewing on a larger slice.

Speaking to the Saridanis without looking at them

Perhaps that, in terms of political competition, Lourenne has reached the end of history. There are no restrictions on parties fielding themselves, campaigns are financed without discrimination by the state, and government employees are required to swear political independence. Perhaps it is that the people simply live under a party that expresses their will, and are content to leave it at that. Even if I am grossly misinterpreting what the low turnout means, surely the situation will be rectified in 3860 if Action Lourennais is worth anything.
hater

Postby Maxington » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:58 pm

Statsminister Rosmari Syvertsen would lift herself from her seat gesturing a force of authority as she'd send his hand pressng them on the table, Her back arched.
Statsminister Rosmari Syvertsen would begin speaking a Luthorian-Kazulian combination.
Mr. Thomas Van Locklan could you please set aside the whole racist party ideal and actually think about how this affect the Citizens of Lourenne? Just a few speeches ago you were shouting at my Minister of Foreign Affairs telling him that he should think of the people when he went to sleep. Look at you now. Not even the slightest of considerations of how stupid these sanctions are. With these sanctions imposed No Food Products leave or enter Lourenne. Which means that sooner or later Lourenne would fall due to Famine. (Syvertsen would be continuously pointing at Van Locklan), Because of you and your self-minded government you could possibly anarchy. Saying that the people does not have the vote of the New reaction party means nothing! It means nothing!(She'd begin to speak fluent Kazulian), Hvis du ikke har omsorg for den nye reaksjonen partiet , i det minste har noen omsorg for de lourennais mennesker og hvordan disse sanksjonene kan påvirke dem,(A translator would come up and state her entire speak in Luthorian)" If you have no care for the New reaction Party, at least have some care for the lourennais people and how these sanctions could affect them."

Completly exasperated by the Sheer nonsensical thinking of the Saridani Government, Rosmari Syvertsen would sit back in her chair, yanking her earpiece out of her ears.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby hater » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:13 am

Two aids (seemingly twins) walk in, quietly closing the door behind them. Dressed in a sharp manner resembling the taste of Comrade Geuua, they squat down next to his seat, whispering. Geuua stands up and motions for his aides to sit down in a corner of the room

I have just been informed that the Indralans have cabled our ministry, wishing to join the conference.

Allegedly to our benefit...

Heads turn in the room just in time to see the first aid finish moving his lips, while his twin returns everyone's stare and smirks coyly
hater

Postby hts » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:06 am

Thomas Van Locklan rises from his seat, and begins to speak.

I would like to inform the delegates of some information I have recently received. The Action Lourennais party has informed me that the New Reaction has taken measures to inhibit their growth as a new party. They have severely lowered proposal maximums so that the new party can not gain enough visibility to compete.
(OOC: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=438112)

This bill is yet another sign that the New Reaction is not in the business of representing the people.

As for the Sanctions, we will lift them, as soon as our demands are accepted. The purpose of these sanctions is to rally support against the New Reaction and this has worked. Now that a new party is on the scene we will consider lessening sanctions. However, the sanctions will not be lifted entirely until the opposition in Lourenne seizes power.

However, if Lourenne is willing to negotiate, I will gladly negotiate conditions in which the sanctions will be lifted. After all is that not what this conference is for?

Thank You.

Van Locklan sits and takes a sip of his drink. Then he adds,

We must stop fighting, and I am guilty as much as the other delegates, but we must do what we came here for. It is time to resolve this.
“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”
hts

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:14 am

Indralan delegation led by Chief Minister Shen Faming

After being invited to the Ishinawa Conference by the Lourennais delegation, Chief Minister Shen Faming and his associates have taken up a very stern tone with their dealings with Saridan.

Saridan, apparently, thinks it is an expert on the values of Lourenne and its people, as well as those of Dovani. Has Saridan every had a history with Lourenne? Has Saridan ever been involved in Dovanian affairs? Has Saridan ever been a Terran power? The answer to these questions are all no.

So why does Saridan desire to involve itself in Lourenne, and by extension, Dovani? Very clearly, Saridan desires to emulate the great powers of old and begin cultural imperialism in Dovani. Dovani, the land that was largely under the thumb of Western powers for centuries. Only very recently have we finally ended colonialism and now Saridan wishes to resume imperialism, especially with their talks of warmongering? This is preposterous!

Has Lourenne initiated genocide? No! They have not, nor have they even proposed it. Saridan is proposing war! They are arguing that by killing thousands or millions of Lourennais people, then they will bring liberty and freedom to Lourenne. Is not that cost too high? The current People's Jarl and ruling party have stated that democracy reigns in Lourenne and that if the Action Lourennais wins the elections, then all laws are subject to change. Lourenne is a nation that is willing to allow its laws to change with the course of democracy. As of this moment, their laws were made by a democratic government. Yes, the government controls all of the seats in the legislature.If that makes Lourenne a dictatorship, then Indrala, Kazulia, and Sekowo are all dictatorships.

Shame on Saridan for their warmongering and shame on them for their imperialism!

Ladies and gentlemen, there is nothing here but a nation desiring to impose itself on Terra using this conference as a tool to get what it wants. The nations of Dovani will certainly not allow a war to come to the continent. Indrala will be the first to defend Lourenne. In fact, we are more than willing to provide whatever Lourenne needs in this harsh time. The people must come first!
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby hts » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:32 am

Van Locklan rises from his seat and begins to speak,

First I would like to welcome Indrala to the conference. I am glad that more of the world is becoming aware and engaged in this issue.

However, it is obvious that we do not see eye to eye. I assure you that Saridan is not imperialist, and does not wish to conquer Lourenne. We simply want to restore racial equality to Lourenne.

Now like I said before, can we please return to the issue at hand which is negotiating an end to these tensions and sanctions.

Thank You

Van Locklan sits down and raises a glass to the Indralan delegate,hoping to extend a gesture of civility.
hts

Postby Maxington » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:41 am

Statsminister Rosmari Syvertsen would lift herself from her chair.

Kazulia is more than willing to provide any need to the Lourennais people. We will also be with Indrala on defense of Lourenne at any cost. You will never try/succeed in ruining Dovani!

Rosmari Syvertsen would Look at the Saridani Delegate dead in the eye. Her eyes would emit pure anger.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:45 am

Replying in good favor, Chief Minister Shen raises his glass before draining it of alcohol, showing the empty glass to Mr. Van Locklan in the Indralan fashion.

Mr. Van Locklan, what you are prescribing is cultural imperialism. Lourenne has a history of racial inequality. The colonizers practiced it during the Lourenne's colonial days and it has never truly left. Why Saridan is making an issue out of this is beyond me. Does Lourenne's racial inequalities affect Saridan?

As to resolving this issue, I propose that we allow democracy to take its course. Let the people of Lourenne decide what to do. If other nations think the Lourennais people be inferior, stupid, or some other demeaning adjective for favoring racial inequality and desire to intervene, then they are nothing more than neo-imperialists.

To Indrala, this issue really is a waste of our time. I want to see a statement from the Saridan Tomorrow Party and President of Saridan on the subject before we move forward. Should this entire matter simply be a dispute between two political parties on opposite continents, then our citizens have truly suffered from a waste of tax money.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Reddy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:22 am

Sessei Hideo Hirano addresses the Saridan delegation

Honored delegates, may we please see statements from political parties with seats in the Saridanese legislature, supporting the course that you are taking here. I should remind you that threats of violence and war are completely unacceptable, this is a mediation.

then to Chief Minister Shen and the Indralan delegation

Welcome to Ishinawa. You raise the interesting question of cultural imperialism though it appears some Dovani neighbours have adopted these sanctions along with countries from several other continents and cultures.. Would that not turn this into an international rather and ideologically motivated effort.

We do not share your opinion that these proceedings are pointless. The economic sanctions against Lourennee are likely to end up affecting our own economy and that of other Dovani countries. If a famine should take place, that would put pressure on all of us, refugees, crime etc. 11 countries have imposed crushing sanctions on Lourenne, if that delegation truly cares about its people's welfare, it would not be so cavalier about all this.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy