Ishinawa "Lourenne" Conference

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: Ishinawa "Lourenne" Conference

Postby joshnz » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:06 am

This was received from the President of Saridan, Abraham Vienna.

Members,

We send Minister of Foreign Affairs, Thomas Van Locklan, to represent Saridan at this Ishinawa "Lourenne" Conference. Jurgen Van Houten, the Prime Minister of Saridan, is currently working on domestic policies and myself and Minister of Defence, Daan Wilkers, are organising the military evacuation plan.

It is with good faith that we send our Minister to represents our interests especially in the fact that we hope to arrive at a peaceful solution.

Abraham Vienna
President of Saridan

"Democracy, Rationality and Fraternity"
joshnz

Postby hts » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:52 am

Greetings,

I have come here in attempt to keep peace. However, I am going to be honest. I see no path to peace between our nations without legislative changes in your nation.

My first and most important demand is that slavery be abolished in your nation. If this is not done, I see no way for peace between our nations to be maintained.

My second request is that segregation of public amenities in your nation be banned, this request is negotiable.

My third and final request is that the government of Lourenne publicly acknowledge the equality of all races. As I doubt they will agree to this,it will not be a deal breaker.

I have come here for peace, but I have not come here to give up. I hope war can be avoided, but I feel that war is only preventable if the government of Lourenne reverses it's inhumane and racist policies.

Thomas Van Locklan
Minister of Foreign Affairs
“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”
hts

Postby hater » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:52 pm

The ever-sharply dressed Comrade Geuua, the Lourennaise Minister of Foreign Affairs, points his hand towards the Sekowan delegation

Prior to any further motion, I must thank our Sekowan hosts, Sessei Kiyoshi Maki first and foremost among them, for this opportunity for discussion in a controlled environment between two nations whose governments have placed them at loggerheads with each other.

Before diving directly into the negotiation towards a settling of terms, I must make the following motion to call this conference to the attention of a recent diplomatic development. The previous sanctions treaty against my kingdom, the Embargo Lourenne Provision of 3835 which was launched by the Republiek van Vanuku, has been disowned by its creator. The Nazi Party of Vanuku has been elected into a position of hegemony within the republic's Staten Generaal and repealed the odious legislation from its body of law. Thus, it has considerably undermined one of the two ongoing attempts to attack Lourenne at the transnational level, and has made itself relevant to the fate of my nation. I make the request that Vanuku be invited to this conference as well, though the decision to attend would be up to them.
hater

Postby Maxington » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:33 pm

Statsminister Rosmari Syvertsen after Comrade Geuua, the Lourennaise Minister of Foreign Affairs' address to the Sekowo Delegate.

Good Morning all, I would like to touch on the ideals of Why Sanctions do not work as they used to in the past. Sanctions have been a tool used by many parties, factions and government over the years and has proven, in the past to work at times. Now sanctions can be imposed on Banks, defence firms or even oil companies. The main reason sanctions fail is because of the nature of the target state. The key reason that sanctions fail is that modern states are not fragile. Nationalism often makes states and societies willing to endure considerable punishment rather than abandon their national interests. States involved in coercive disputed often accept high costs, including civilian suffering, to achieve their objectives. …Even in the weakest and most fractured states, external pressure is more likely to enhance the nationalist legitimacy of rulers than to undermine it. The Expectation that the sanctions would push the targeted nation/country into negotiating with other nations on matters May they be of peace or of Humanitarian Aid, etcetera because it seems that the countries that impose the sanctions think that the increased punishment would push the targeted nation to concede. Another way to prove that sanctions are not effective is because, some countries have had so many embargos and sanctions thrown at them, they have built the ability to brush these sanctions aside as though they never happened and continue with life. Modern States, if you open your eyes and see it, Modern States are coming more and more independent, they do not need Essentials from other nations, they are producing their own. Before a state would have to go on their knees in order to get supplies from another nation in order to support his/her people. Those days are over. We have factories popping up everywhere, Nationalized Businesses. So reflect on what I just said, let in sink and think to yourself, why am I still spitting sanctions as if I am missing a tooth.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby Reddy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:09 am

OOC: There's been a change of government/player in Sekowo. The Conference continues.

Sessei Hideo Hirano is the new head of the Sekowan delegation.

Before we proceed further, we believe that the Conference should address the points raised so far, particularly those raised by the Lourennaise delegation. Do any of the other delegations believe it to be necessary to invite Vanuku to the Conference. Please do also take this opportunity to name any other countries you wish to invite to Ishinawa to take part in the Conference.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby hts » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:15 pm

Thomas Van Locklan, Saridani Minister of Foreign Affairs, has issued the following statement.

I see no reason for Vanuku to attend, however we are not against it. If Lourenne feels that it is appropriate then we will not oppose it. However, we would like to try to go ahead and move forward with the talks.
“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”
hts

Postby Maxington » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Foreign Minister of Kazulia, Lucas Christense speaks to the Saridani Delegate,

Good Morning All, After taking up the "News from Lodamun" and in Article 62 of the newspaper I saw something strange. Apparentley, the Saridani Government has been requesting an apology from the Government of a Lodamun, over some form of "insult" from President Trevor Fertig of Lodamun. After sweeping through the Saridani State News Service's Broadcasts I found one of the President's public addresses. Apparently it seems that he sees himself as some form of person of great power, He even resulted into stating that if the apology is not made he will result to war. My question is why, why is war always an option. It seems to be that Saridani Governance lacks this thing called Common Sense, they have book sense, but they lack common sense. These Petty "aligations" they seem to make a large deal about. I wonder, if a mother in Saridan loses her child in a mall, God Forbid, what would the Saridani government do, call the National Guard? This current government is running Saridan into the ground. Get serious, because you are putting yourselves at risk and you are putting your people at risk. My final question is, (Lucas would begin to walk around the stage pacing up and down), When was the last time you actually made diplomatic contact with a country, I mean diplomatic contact that led to both sides becoming friends.The Foreign Delegates in this room here are not ruining your country's name, You are doing that on your own. If you did not notice but by making these aligations of racial discretion into an International mockery or some sort of International shunning, may slowly destroy the targetted nation, It is also destorying yours because it shows you have no care for others. The Golden Rule states,"Do onto others as you would have them do onto you", I would like for the Saridani Government to live by that rule. Thank you, (Minister Christense would leave the platform, his eyes glued to those of the Saridani Delegate.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby hater » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:55 pm

Comrade Geuua inexplicably lifts up a glass of some unknown beverage from beneath the table. He raises it in the direction of Lucas Christensen while leering over at the Saridani delegation

I second Minister Christensen here! If the research efforts of my Kazulian peer hold water, then it would seem that incurring the moral outrage of Saridan is not all too different from stepping on a buried landmine. I would limit my critique to the Populist Party if it wasn't for the fact that every other party in Saridan has joined in on every attempt to marginalize my kingdom.

Geuua pulls what is apparently a miniature sticky note from the bottom of his glass and reads it to himself

It would seem Vanuku does not feel its presence at this conference would be constructive. My apologies for any squandered time.
hater

Postby hts » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:36 am

Foreign Minister Thomas Van Locklan stands up from his seat and says,

We are all here to do what is in the best interest of our nations. As politicians that is what we have been taught to do. However, I would like you all to think of this issue on a grander scale. Action against Lourenne is not political, it is necessary to preserve human dignity, and to save countless people from a life of oppression.

These Petty "aligations" they seem to make a large deal about

That is what the delegation from Kazulia has said. I ask you Minister Christense, do you feel that the enslavement and mistreatment of a race on the part of a government is a "Petty" problem. Are we concerning ourselves to much with this problem. Should we stop bringing attention to these awful and inhuman acts, because the world does want to hear our "petty allegations". I ask you, Mr Christense, am I making a fool of my nation by sticking up for what is right?

Would you like to come up here and explain to all the people here how the lives of an entire race are irrelevant, and how their mistreatment, dehumanization, and enslavement is a "petty" problem?

We should stop turning this into something that it is not, this is about the poor innocent people being discriminated against and living in slavery everyday in Lourenne. Do you think they give a shit about our conferences?

We should stop slinging insults at each other, and start resolving this problem.

Thank you.

The Minister sits down in his chair, fixes his tie, and says,

Think about them when you sleep tonight. See how easy it is to sleep when you think about the fact that you are protecting the mistreatment of all these people. You are delaying help. Everyday you delay this conference with your bullshit, is another day that these people suffer through the hell that the Lourenne government has created for them. Please can we move to negotiations on resolving this and getting help to these oppressed people.
hts

Postby Reddy » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:48 am

Sessei Hideo Hirano addresses the Conference

It appears there exists no great desire to invite any other countries to the Conference.We now move on to mediation, starting with Lourenne

The Sessei then addresses the Lourennaise delegation.

Honoured delegates, are you not troubled by the fact that eight countries currently have a crushing embargo against Lourenne, three more on the way? Two of the ratifying countries are close neighbours - Mikuni Harusutoria and Deltaria Nova. Even here in Sekowo, there is great public pressure to ratify that Treaty. The sanctions regimen against your country does not appear to have significantly 'undermined efforts against Lourenne', as you put it. The fact that the original drafters of the sanctions treaty have abandoned it is irrelevant since the new Treaty is growing stronger. I would advise Lourenne to start addressing the problem directly instead of pointing out the weaknesses of others.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Next

Return to Diplomacy