New Endralon - Hutori Treaty Negotiation

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: New Endralon - Hutori Treaty Negotiation

Postby sinister42 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:59 am

My friends,

As you'll no doubt be aware, New Endralon has had its elections, and I have been elevated to the post of President by my party. I must therefore turn over these negotiations to my capable colleague and incoming Foreign Minister, Sadako Nakamura.

Sincerely,

President Aomi Ishimoto

Incoming foreign minister Sadako Nakamura
Last edited by sinister42 on Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
sinister42

Postby sinister42 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:03 am

ooc: I don't know why I have a lot of Japanese women in my roster, but that's apparently what's happening.
sinister42

Postby sinister42 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:08 am

Friends and comrades,

I am pleased to be elevated to the post of Foreign Minister, and I look forward to concluding these negotiations with due speed. As my predecessor has explained, we have a deal in principle, and we are waiting for our Hutori friends to draft it into a formal treaty. We suggest this be done within the next two months; otherwise, our Economic Planning Commission will have no choice but to begin taking action to integrate the Hutori's assets into the planned economy. I have spoken with our incoming Finance Minister, Dragoslav Comeaga, and to our incoming Minister for Trade and Industry, Jin Kimitada, and they have both made it very clear to me that the presence of unregulated and uncertified Hutori assets in New Endralon is causing major difficulties for the Economic Planning Commission. Action must be taken posthaste.

With respect,

Sadako Nakamura
Incoming Foreign Minister
sinister42

Postby sinister42 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:07 am

These negotiations are now closed. We have had no communication from the Hutoris for several months. Our good faith efforts to find a mutually beneficial economic agreement with the Hutoris have most recently been met with silence.

As of now, all Hutori assets in New Endralon have been seized by the workers who are employed there, backed by New Endralon's military. Managerial and supervisory staff will be transported to the Hutori embassy in the capital and told to make arrangements to leave the country.

We are sad to see these negotiations end on such an anticlimax; however, we must protect the interests of the workers of New Endralon.

Sincerely,

President Aomi Ishimoto
Foreign Minister Sadako Nakamura
Minister for Trade and Industry Jin Kimitada
Minister for Finance Dragoslav Comeaga
sinister42

Previous

Return to Diplomacy