Skalm Conference

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Skalm Conference

Postby colonelvesica » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:03 am

Although there was massive fanfare greeting Zardic Foreign Affairs Minister Patro Kalo at Skalm International Airport, in a quiet office in downtown Skalm an entirely separate, but intricately connected meeting was occurring.

Having come into the country with Kalo, Bruder Calistro? The head of the Zardic National Security Organizatiom had managed to slip away from the fanfare without any having noticed he had even arrived on the Federation Government Jet that had brought Kalo here.

Now sitting at his Kazullian counter parts office a meeting between the most powerful men of Zardic and Kazullian Intelligence was about to occur.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Re: Skalm Conference

Postby Maxington » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:25 am

08:12, Office of the Chairman, Joint Intelligence and Security Council Section, Ministry of Defence, Skalm, Kazulia.

"Now that we are secret room as you requested, might i ask what you are doing here in Kazulia?" the short, grey haired Benjamin Skogstad asked. "But before you answer, I would to highlight something i found very intriguing during my last meeting with the head of the General Directorate for Security." a slight grin grew across Benjamin's face. "Mr. Calistro, this is my city, more so my country, constitutionally, as Chairman of the Joint Intelligence and Security Council, I am responsible if Zardic agents get themselves entangled in matters of the General Directorate for Security, with the introduction of the new surveillance law, we intercepted communications between one of your agents and someone within our intelligence service (whom I will not identify) trying to obtain information as to our involvement in Baltusia." Benjamin signalled a guard, who brought a case file to him. "Along with Mikuni-Hulstrian political spies, we have been monitoring the movements of some of your agents...." an icy pause grew. "Mr. Calistro, I hope you are aware that if we are to capture these agents of yours, they can face up to thirty-five years imprisonment, and with our death penalty we take a hard-line stance on foreign agents of espionage." Benjamin leaned in, closer to Calistro. "Before anything here is ironed out, or agreed upon here, I want assurance that those agents will retreat to their fox holes, I will not support any ally spying on us." Benjamin concluded behind sliding back into his original sitting position as a he waited for a response from Calistro.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby colonelvesica » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:47 am

As he was let into the room Calistro nodded in satisfaction. Utilitarian, basic and to the point; no need to Fancy things up. He sat in the chair offered to him and peered at his Kazullian counter part. He made no secret about sizing the man up, it was hardwired into Calistro and anyone who did their homework as Bruder knew the Kazullian would have, Calistro's background in Intelligence black ops meant he was wary of every person in the room, always. Where as Skogstad was short and grey haired, Calistro was tall, still quite fit for a man in his mid fifties, with brown blonde hair revealing next to nothing about his age. If it wasn't the piercing gaze of almost forty years of experience of his pale almost grey blue eyes one would have thought him a business man rather a career Intelligence Officer.

He gave a careless almost carefree flick through the folder presented to him, his stoic expression revealing nothing. When he spoke he had a deep baritone, that was again, kept average and almost conversational, to show Benjamin he was quite at ease. "Well Mister Chairman I must say you are certainly well informed. A few of these assets are surprises even to me; I will need to talk to the Director of the Federal Intelligence Agency when I return home... on that point of course I should inform you of something..."

He presented his own file to the Chairman. It was significantly shorter, by design, but held the location of a dozen operatives along with photos... in their case clearly on observation duty. "While I don't have anything quite as Fancy on me as this detailed dossier you've presented me I do believe you'll agree that list is a list of assets in my own nation currently following and observing a rather happy family... a family I know are all related to a certain Çekel Tafaj. As of right now they are of no consequence to us... but I must wonder what Kazullian Intelligence could want with the family of a "disbanded" separatist group." The look Bruder gave Benjamin said he already knew the Qujaric Horde was anything but.

"How is this for a compromise... you bring your surveillance teams tracking this family home... and any other operatives poking around in Zardic Affairs... and you'll have every NOC I may or may not have running around Skalm by this time tomorrow night."
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Maxington » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:37 am

08:20, Office of the Chairman, Joint Intelligence and Security Council Section, Ministry of Defence, Skalm, Kazulia.

Benjamin reviewed the images with great detail, centering much attention onto the faces of the virtually compromised operatives. He whispered in Kazulian into the ear of the guard who stood beside him whilst tapping on the images of the files,"confirm these images with GE-1 (the General Intelligence Service)". Soon after the guard left the room with the case file in hand. Benjamin fixated himself in the seat once more, flattening his tie. "I will confirm these assets with GE-1, if they are confirmed i will speak with the case officer in Zardugal on their operations." Benjamin let of a slightly frustrated sigh. He knew that trying to hide information from Calistro would be futile as he knew most of information he was trying not to disclose. "With respect to Çekel Tafaj, from what I have been told, he is indeed involved in the Qujarc Horde, more-so the reformed version of it." He began pouring himself a glass of the whisky which stood on a table to his left.

"You see Mr. Calistro, we have interests in the current situation between Baltusia and Aldegar, both politically and economically, our government was given a bargain from the Aldegarian government for the systematic destabilization of Baltusia." he paused as a gulped the entire cup of whisky. "Çekel Tafaj is the head of the
aljabhat alwataniat alddimuqratia (National Democratic Front), the reformed Qujarc Horde, what I can tell you is that we plan on using these men to fight Baltusian Internal Security Agencies and spur internal unrest, but I will not tell you how." Benjamin starred into the ceiling. "The Director of the General Intelligence Service has told me that their agents and your agents have been having regular run-ins in Baltusia, is that why you are here Mr. Calistro?" Benjamin said as his eyes fell from the ceiling onto Calistro.
Maxington

Postby colonelvesica » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:20 am

Calistro nodded listening carefully as the Kazullian Intelligence czar spoke. When he finished he gave another respectful nod.

Running a false flag operation through a true proxy... not bad Mr. Chairman. As you've been honest with me I'll be honest with you; my Government and President have a lot of vested interest in ensuring that Aldegar remains the way it is, or rather then it'd current Government remains friendly to Belgae and Her allies; in this case yourself of course. I can confirm there are assets from the FIA in Baltusia. They were inserted with the Observation Battalion of Peacekeepers and of course the usual contingent from the Embassy. What our own operatives were doing was merely laying the groundwork; like you we don't want our hands tied to Baltusia when what we have cooking goes live. Without revealing too much we are running a Trigunian matryoshka doll Operation... or in more layman's Terms we are using a marionette to run the strings on another puppet we have about to start dancing in Baltusia. We are just waiting for their Referendum to finish... which we already know the outcome anyways."

Calistro's tone never left it's conversational tone but his eyes narrowed ever so slightly. "We are allies Mr. Chairman, and we do not spy on each other; I want to ease your mind and let you know current Zardic assets here, including the Officer who reached out to you were seeing whether or not we were going to butt heads... but based on what we are talking about evidently we are most surely going in the same direction, and if we can't travel the same road, at least run parallel paths so that we don't cross or at least get to the same spot."
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Maxington » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:12 am

08:30, Office of the Chairman, Joint Intelligence and Security Council Section, Ministry of Defence, Skalm, Kazulia.

Benjamin pondered on the proposal for a few minutes before standing up,"I believe that we meet to have a closer friendship in the intelligence community, it would be futile if our men constantly run into each-other, i can assure you if that continues either one of my agents will mistaken kill one of yours and vice-versa. We have similar objectives in Baltusia and a covertly common enemy, the Istalian intelligence community; Cooperation is our best chance at completing our objectives and withdrawing." Benjamin turned his back to Calistro to face a painting of the deceased Queen Ingrid,"We know that you have a not so secretive anymore Black Operations unit called the Special Affairs Unit to which you were Director of, We too possess a similar power known as the Special Political Actions Division of the General Intelligence Service and another group whose name i will not disclose." He turned to face Benjamin. "I believe that it will be in the interests of the effective completion of our objectives that these groups/units work together." Benjamin concluded his statement with as he took his seat. He waited for Calistro to either agree or disagree with the proposal.
Maxington

Postby colonelvesica » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:45 pm

Calistro considered thoughtfully. "You are right Mr. Chairman, before too long one of our officers may end up firing a bullet at a friendly without fault of their own."

He had remained seated throughout the meeting, rarely meeting beyond sinple readjustment, his eyes remaining on the Chairman. He gave the proposal another before speaking. "I agree that we should work together or at least not against one another. We can definitely begun jointly working together as discreetly as they can to get the balls moving. The SAU will be keeping a minimum force at the Embassy to observe their handy work but it will be widely handed off to the Case Officer there working under an Official Government Cover. Instead of giving too much away now, how will I know when your Operations begin rolling and I'll tell you how to expect mine to have started... and jf this works out I would certainly like to see you in Belgae to discuss more of this."
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Maxington » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:42 am

08:45, Office of the Chairman, Joint Intelligence and Security Council Section, Ministry of Defence, Skalm, Kazulia.

Benjamin fiddled with the various rings on his fingers, each ring showing symbolism of various special operations groups of the Kongeforsvar, to which he belonged to. "Our operations kick off with a series of protests aimed at the Baltusian government's handling of their debacle with Aldegar, hopefully it will grow into a "spring" which would consume the nation." Benjamin removed one of the rings from his finger, placing it on the coffee table between himself and Calistro. The ring bared the emblem of the previously mentioned Special Political Actions Division. "These men and women will play a very key role in the growth of this "spring", I have cooperation on all political levels, even the support of the King and several news outlets who will add fuel to the fire, that would be the "spring"." Benjamin concluded as he poured himself another glass of whisky awaiting to hear Calistro's Operations.
Maxington

Postby colonelvesica » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:52 pm

Calistro nodded for a few moments, considering the Kazullian plans. He kept his cards close to the chest always and rarely shared; a lesson long pummeled into him from decades of work. However Zardugal needed allied and he did not want to have to write a letter to an operator who died needlessly from Blue on blue combat.

"We are indeed on similar paths. We to are looking to start a general revolt but this entirely a Royalists inspired one; I wanted this Referendum to finish first against the Shah to show that the Baltusian Republican side "fixed it". A Royalist insurgency declaring their allegiance to the "King of Baltusia" will act against the Republic. They will ensure they aren't referring to the Shah but rather a vague King. This insurgency are home grown Baltusian Royalists rather then agents so even if they are captured and questioned there is literally zero tie in back to us... the only thing they MIGHT give up is their weapons supplier... who they are under the impression is a disgruntled former member of the Indralan Imperial Armed Forces... and as the Indralan Emperor was thr last to claim the title..." Calistro didn't need to go any further, the Chairman would he able to fill in the blanks.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Maxington » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:05 am

08:45, Office of the Chairman, Joint Intelligence and Security Council Section, Ministry of Defence, Skalm, Kazulia.

Benjamin nodded in agreement to Calistro's operations. "Seeing that our operations have similar clauses, I will speak with the Director of the General Intelligence Service and we will arrange the necessary plans. I am sure, i could always visit Belgae where we can truly discuss matters of interest, but for now I must leave as i have an important meeting with the Statsminister." Benjamin concluded before proceeding to press a button at the side of his table. Upon press the button, two heavily armed guards, seemingly from the National Police Service's Spesielle Skytevåpen og Operasjon Kommandoen (SSOK) wait for Calistro to accompany them to a clandestine exit of the building.
Maxington

Next

Return to Diplomacy