The Lamond Agreement.

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

The Lamond Agreement.

Postby Maxington » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:54 pm

One of the Kazulian Government's most formidable offencive and defencive weapons, is its surveillance and electronic warfare capabilities. Little to the knowledge of its immediate and distant neighbors that their phones calls, faxes, emails even financial transactions were being monitored by either the Government Communications Service and the Royal Communications Centre, the state's two surveillance and signals intelligence agencies. With the resurgence of terrorism and destabilizing regimes, it is becoming increasingly clear to the Government that their must be an asymmetrical response to these occurrences as a means of both countering them and most importantly predicting their occurrence.

Under extreme secrecy by the Foreign Intelligence Service, a programme was opened which pooled the resources of every communications and intelligence body of the Kazulian State. The General Directorate for Security, the Military Intelligence Service, the Foreign Intelligence Service, the Government Communications Service, National Cybernetic Defence Force and the Royal Communications Center had formed an umbrella programme for which their joint operations might it be of an offencive or defencive posture could be commanded. Known in the intelligence community as the "Hlýða Programme", it has been the forefront of extreme surveillance/data collection and signal intelligence interception as well as cybernetic warfare.

Inorder to expand the programme's reach to a global scale, it would need the inclusion of external countries and the only external countries the Kazulians would trust are their closest allies, the Istalians, the Luthorians and the Hutorians. The cybernetic warfare capabilities of the Luthorians, combined with the cybernetic "forced entry" tactics of the Istalians, accompanied by the cybernetic defence capabilities of the Hutorians and finally topped off with the listening and surveillance capabilities of the Kazulians would make this "Axis" an unstoppable movement in the direction of global surveillance. That is why this conference was called for, to pool the resources of these four nations to form an all seeing eye across the world.

Three at the middle of the ballroom table. One in full military uniform, presumably the Head of the Royal Communications Centre, Major General Thorbjørn Grimstad. Another in suit, presumably the Head of the Government Communications Service, Viktor Martinsen and finally the third (shockingly a woman) in the uniform of the National Cybernetic Defence Force, presumably its Head, Major General Ingrid Barsness. They awaited the arrival of their Istalian, Luthorian and Hutorian Counterpart, with extreme patience.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Re: The Lamond Agreement.

Postby theoriginaltrotka » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:54 pm

General Charles Trewlaney, Baron Eadricsgate, the Deputy-Chief of Imperial General Staff for Cybernetic Operations walked in, taking his seat at the table. He was joined by Brigadier Sir General George Hawkes OVH, who served as Deputy Chief of Staff for Aeronautic Cybernetrics for the Imperial Air Staff. Last entering was Fabian Kensindale, Baron Kensindale, the Defence Ministry's Director of the Center for Defence and Technological Innovation. The three gentleman and soldiers took their seats, the first adjusted his medals, and the other two shook hands with their Kazulian counterparts, soon joined by the first. Then they awaited the arrival of their other international colleagues
theoriginaltrotka

Postby colonelvesica » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:21 pm

Next walked in was the Hutorian entourage; two people in civilian dress plus a singular officer in military garb.

The military officer wore the two gold stars of a Hutorian Army Major General, along with the emblem of Hutorian Cyber Defence Command.

Major General Derek Allison, commander of CyDefCom, had been appointed to the position after its creation under the DeCoste Defence Reforms. Seeking to redress the severe weaknesses between the five distinct Hutorian Armed Forces Cyber Defence units, they had been unified underneath Hutorian Joint Operations Command, combining and streamlining their efforts, expotentionally increasing their Cyber Defence capabilities. Separate they had been vulnerable, together they made what many argued was the most powerful electronic and signal defence military unit in the northern hemisphere.

One of the two civilians was an unassuming man in his mid to late forties. He had brown greying hair, and wore unassuming glasses. He however had sharp eyes, and spoke with authority and accuracy with every statement. He was Reginald Yates, Deputy Director of Operations at the Hutorian Security Establishment for Communications, the near mythic organization created at the beginning of the 40th century and wiudely credited as the organization that made Hutori's cyber systems unassailable.

Lastly, was a woman known to every person in the room, Deputy Director of Operations at HSIS, Rose Briar. The woman, a myth in the area of HUMINT and Black Operations, was a boogeyman to most outside of Intelligence's black underbelly. Aside from her position as Deputy Chief of HSIS she was also seen as the de-facto head of ALL Hutorian Intelligence Operations, regardless of Human or Electronic and few would ever deny her expertise in any conversation.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Axxell » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:10 am

Finally, came also the istalian delegation to the meeting, also constituted by two person, a man and a woman, in civilian clothes and by an Army officer.

The woman, a handsome beauty with amber complexion and thick and long brown hair, was Michela Mainardi, one of the closest colaborator of the General Director of the DESIS, the Chief of the Istalian Intelligence, and was the Bureau Chief of the DESIS's Directorate for the Cybernetic Intelligence, which coordinate the operations and the activities in thies field of the AISIR, the AISER and the DICELI (the Inter-forces Division for Electronic and Informatic Counter-intelligence).

The Army officer was the Generale di Corpo d'Armata (Lieutenant general - 3 star general) Ennio Laurenti, newly appointed chief of the DICELI, a veteran of several mission in Majatra and Seleya to collect information and datas (It is also one of those which defended the istalian servers from the luthorian attempt to steal the datas collected by the istalians about the luthorian international operations, OOC: but this is obviously a secret which all of us known but no one dare to talk about).

The last man, finally, was one in his 40s, with smooth blacks carefully slicked hair, a thin mustache above lips, a squared but gentle face and enigmatic deep gray eyes, dressed in quite elegant way, like the woman on the other hand, with haute couture gowns of istalian style.
He was someone quite unknown to the other people convened at the meeting, only seen often very close to the President Verhoeven in the role of a very obscure private secretary.
Nicola Berni, presented itself shacking the hand of the others guests, a confidential and more informal link of the Presidency to the National Intelligence.

(OOC: but, about this meeting, the Istalian Government will not reveal the activities related to the PMI and which involve the PMI).
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Maxington » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:47 am

After observing the necessary introductory protocol, Major General Thorbjørn Grimstad began to address the assembly with the use of an illustration, shown through a projector which stood at the head of the table. "If I am an unfamiliar face to those gathered around this table, I believe it is my duty to introduce myself formally to the respective persons. My name is Major General Thorbjørn Grimstad. I am a member of the Kongelig Landethær or for our Luthorian speaking compatriots, the Royal Army. I am the Director-General of the Royal Communications Centre, the umbrella organisation for signals, cybernetic and communications operations and intelligence within both the Kongeforsvar (Royal Defence Force of Kazulia) and the intelligence community." he gazed around the table, looking at the various individuals in suits and military uniform. He pointed to Viktor Martinsen, who sat to the left of him. "To my immediate left is Mr. Viktor Martinsen, Director-General of the Government Communications. His agency is responsible for internal communications interception and analysis, However, do not let the suit fool you. He was in fact a Brigadier of the Kongelig Luftvåpen (Royal Air Force)." he finally gestured to the military uniform-clad woman to his right. "Finally to my immediate right is a Major General, similar to myself. Major General Ingrid Barsness, she is the Director of the National Cybernetic Defence Force, our front-line against cybernetic attacks from both internal and external forces, as well as the main agency for offensive electronic and cybernetic warfare. Let me warn you, her branch of the Defence Force is one which has the capabilities of crippling the cybernetic network of any nation of her choosing." He zoned in on the Hutorian Representatives," Except you lot. You have virtually formed a fortress around your cybernetic network, however it is still breachable." he concluded before moving onto the topic of discussion.

"It is becoming increasingly clear that increase communications and cybernetic activity among the nations gathered here is needed. We have cooperated on all most every military aspect, and it is time that we form a united front which with to our cybernetic and electronic capabilities. It is important that we tackle the issues which we face in our respective regions as a means of ensuring the secure of our respective nations and more-so the various nations whom we share this world with." Before sitting down to his chair he asked a question directed to the various representatives, "I would like to know the various issues which each country gathered here faces in their region or any situation would could have a detrimental affect on the well-being of their country, although i am aware of them, i would like to here them from the representatives."

He waited patiently for the response of the various representatives.
Maxington

Postby theoriginaltrotka » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:35 pm

Baron Eadricsgate pushed his graying, but lustrous and smooth hair at the sides. He listened to Major General Grimstad's introduction with interest, but with the normal detached expression and polite ennui with which he responds to most of his colleagues, at home and abroad. He understood the Kazulian concerns, and respected the expertise and rationale of his Kazulian colleagues, of whom he'd been long aware and had looked up to greatly for a good amount of time. The Baron was wearing, as par for course, his service dress: an olive green coat with grey wool breeches and classic boots, with several prominent decorations on his person. He wore his maroon, fuschia, and bolt blue brigade tie (Third Imperial Hussars), as a constant reminder of his time as an active duty officer on the ground as a far younger man. He took a sip of the water left on the table for the visiting delegations, and stared emptily at the window across him for a moment, clarifying his and his country's stance in his mind.

Baron Eadricsgate broke the silence and said "Thank you Major General Grimstad, for giving us such a warm welcome and a summary of our agenda. These issues regarding cybernetric warfare are serious in these days of uncertainty, where such sabotage is rife and a major issue to many worldwide militaries. It is our imperative to prevent these issues from further coming to bear upon our coalition and Terra at large. I would also like to make clear that Luthori has made known advantage in cybernetric warfare, and we will render aid and assistance to our allies and to the good of the international community as such a need becomes available. We are concerned greatly about the dangers of Yeudic extremism and radical cults otherwise, Far-Right terrorism, and other such issues that are regular blots on our world. We would like to focus on disabling their networks of communication, destroying their installations, and defending our values of human rights throughout Terra. I am proud to say Artania has been largely anchored by Luthorian hegemony, and while our past as a colonial power is a difficult thing to fully understand and reconcile to many, we are sure to use our connections to ensure the safety of those we have slighted throughout history, and to assist our allies in helping us secure Terra. Thank you, and I am glad to hear your thoughts on these matters"
theoriginaltrotka

Postby Axxell » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:02 am

Michela Mainardi stand up after putting some papers and removing her eyeglasses, then turned to Kazulian officials and said:
"I think General Eadricsgate has perfectly expressed the needs that are common to all of our nations.
What has happened recently to Istalia is something that can strike each of our nations, threats brought by every kind of organization, criminal, terrorist and subversive group.
But not only, our nations must defend themselves, defend their own interests and their own citizens, even by foreign nations, authoritarian regimes ready to exaggerate gestures, and as a last example we can look at the crisis that New Endralon has sparked.
Knowledge is power and being able to know in due time terrorist moves and initiatives as well as those of rogue nations is a primary necessity for all of us but also to be ready to face all these threats which can menace the world peace and the international stability".
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Maxington » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:11 pm

"It is true that there are many similarities in the problems which plague us, i am certain with this cooperative group, we can deliver a devastating blow to these issues." Major General responded looking most at the Istalian and Luthorian officials. "With respect to the issues highlighted by the Luthorian representative, with the use of surveillance that being communications interception and analysis, we will be able to obtain information as to the intentions of criminal elements within and outside of our various nations. Through our country's Surveillance and Data Collection Act we are permitted to conduct warranted surveillance on persons whom we see as a threat to the state's national security. I am sure Mr. Martinsen would outline the details pertaining to this legislation." He concluded before allowing for Viktor Martinsen, Head of the Government Communications Service, to deliver his break-down of the legislation. "Hello all, this legislation gives the General Directorate for State Security and the Government Communications Centre, unlimited access pertaining to surveillance and data collection. It entails intelligence gathering methods such as Human intelligence, signals intelligence, Geo-spatial intelligence, Open-source intelligence, Technical intelligence and cyber intelligence and allows for the various law enforcement and security agencies to intercept communications originating from telecommunications networks, Electronic Media and General communications networks."

"The Government Communications Service is willing to conduct surveillance on behalf of the representatives gathered here, only when it pertains to communications interception within the sovereign land of the Kingdom of Kazulia. I am sure the Royal Communications Centre through the use of RKAF Boovarsdalr and currently under construction RKAF Hringariki in the arctic, would be willing to conduct surveillance on behalf of the representatives gathered here when it pertains to communications interception in territories outside of the Kingdom of Kazulia." he paused to look at Major General Grimstad, who nodded in approval." he continued. "I am sure through the use of the Luthorian Imperial Army's IAF Archmouth (which we can expand into a fully functioning surveillance station), communications interception would be heightened. Cooperation is our highest chance of success." Martinsen concluded before sitting back down. "Once the Hutorian officials are ready to discuss their issues, i will go into detail explaining the Hlýða Programme." Grimstad announced before awaiting the response of the Hutorian officials.
Maxington

Return to Diplomacy