Labonne Conference on Canrille

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Labonne Conference on Canrille

Postby Zanz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:41 pm

OOC: Please direct any questions to me by PM here on the forum or in game at Front Nouveau Canrillaise. Try to keep this thread as in character (IC) as possible.

IC:

The Labonne Conference on Canrille is open to representatives from the governments of or parties in Rildanor, Kanjor, Alduria, and Lourenne, and is convened to discuss the possibility of the recreation of the State of Canrille (État Canrillaise).

The new push for État Canrillaise has come as the result of the urging of the government of Rildanor, who's motto "Stronger together!" has become a rallying cry across the Canrillaise sphere.

The benefits of the recreation of Canrille are numerous:
  • The Canrillaise nations continue to struggle in isolation to recover from the world economic collapse of recent years. In union, État Canrillaise could wield a stronger economy, specialize in each member nation, and provide for the growth and prosperity of all citizens of the Canrillaise sphere.
  • The great nations of Terra largely forget the regions of South Seleya and Dovani. With Indrala's decline, these regions are perceived as even more backward. In union, État Canrillaise could demand the attention of Terra's powers, negotiate diplomatic agreements on even footing, and restore prestige to a once glorious people.

We now open the floor to statements from those invited, either pro or con, so that debate might begin.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Re: Labonne Conference on Canrille

Postby Leonidas II » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:55 pm

OFFICIAL: ADRESS OF PRESIDENT DUVAL AT THE LABONNE CONFERENCE ON CANRILLE

Honourable representatives of our Canrille friends,

As 152nd president of Lourenne, I had the honour to represent the people of my nation in the highest political office. My presidency has given me a lot of respect from my colleagues and gave me the opportunity to realise my visions and ideas for Lourenne's future. Even though my position does not allow me to do it often due to a very full schedule, I sometimes sneak away from the bustle of politics to go out on the streets and talk to the bypassers. They usually give me honest answers about how they feel about my way of governing and their visions on other issues, such as international relations.

In many of these conversations, I have often encountered concern about the protection of our Lourennian-Canrilaise culture. People are affraid of foreign cultures threatening our economy and society, because our nation has been having an irresponsible open-border policy for years. This was a big issue for my party, the Parti d'Aube Dorée. That is why we ceaselessly questioned our border policies, and when we had the chance partly closed our borders for radicalised immigrants and economic refugees. The fear for our culture being attacked by foreign terrorists and immigrants not willing to learn our language is big, and as president it is my duty to protect our nation from such fears.

I am not trying to state in any way that our fellow Canrille brothers and sisters are dangerous immigrants our a burden to our society, not at all! But I want to show you the fear among the Lourennian people for other nations and cultures trying to meddle in our domestic affairs. One of my party's election promises is to never let the such things happen while we are in office. We have seen what can happen when internationalist and globalist ideas grasp themselves into our society; we have seen what it does to people when they feel their rights are being neglected in the name of global co-orporation. My party's main points are around protecting our identity and our domestic markets for greedy, international corporations and economic refugees who flood the labour market.

Lourenne is interested in joining meetings about how to improve co-operation between our Canrille brothers. We believe this will help Lourenne grow as a nation and as a people. We will gladly join talks about, for example, joined military actions, and a canrille treaty of peace. To further assist me and my team in such negotiations, I have brought with me a group of honourable politicans from all over the political spectrum of Lourenne:
- Ludovic Asselin, Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Georges Lacrains, Deputy Minister of Defence
- First Officer of the Parti Conservateur Libertaire Quetzalcoatl Tzamá
- Napoléon Arceneaux, member of the PCL Shadow Foreign Affiars team

However, we believe the creation of one Canrille state is a threat to protecting our domestic markets, and our ideals such as protectionism and nationalism. Joining forces with other Canrille nations has its advantages, but we believe that as a nation we have to give in too much of our Lourennian culture to benefit the common good of the Canrille state. Our influence in domestic affairs will fly away the moment we sign in to join such a superstate. To protect our own Lourennian culture and to protect our llabour markets and borders from being destroyed by internationalism, we have to decline the offer to join a Canrille superstate.

Vive la République Lourennais et ses habitants!

Thank you for your time.
Éloise Duval, 152nd Président d'Assemblée Nationale de Lourenne
Leonidas II

Postby Arapaima13 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:39 pm

Parti Conservateur Libertaire (Lourenne) Representative; M. Quetzalcoatl Tzamá

Honourable Representatives, Officials, and Parties of Rildanor, Kanjor, Alduria and Lourenne,

Firstly, may I extend my thanks to the Government of Rildanor for creating this important conference. It is imperative that we remain strong allies, regardless of the outcome of this conference, and talking to each other can only help boost our links. I would also like to thank my President, Mme. Éloise Duval. I fully appreciate that her party and mine has never particularly seen eye to eye, and I am grateful that she has granted us an opportunity to make our opinion heard at this conference.

In spite of what our President said, the PCL can confirm that it would support a unification of l'État Canrillaise, and would attempt to join it, should we reenter the cabinet of Lourenne. Though we would support our President's ruling when negotiations between our nations take place, and would make no action whilst in opposition, we give our guarantee that as soon as we can collect enough support within l'Assemblée Nationale we shall instigate the process to join the unification. It must be said however, that we would expect a greater autonomy for Lourenne within this État Canrillaise. We understand the importance of togetherness, but must stress the different factors that must be regarded during the deal.

The first, perhaps most blatant issue is the geographical location of our nations. Whilst Kanjor, Rildanor, and Alduria are all three bordered by each other, within South Seleya, Lourenne is positioned in within an entirely different continent, and therefore subject to different issues and organisations. The PCL would like reassurances that Lourenne's geographical location would not result in it being disadvantaged in anyway - most crucially within free trade deals that would most likely occur within l'État Canrillaise. Furthermore, we would wish to hold the right to be able to opt-out of any deal that we may feel to be detrimental to our country in regards to our position. Whilst we fully accept that this would not be intentionally negative for Lourenne, and would naturally attempt to negotiate the terms to begin with, we believe that our isolation from the other Canrillaise nations should result in us having a looser bond regarding the regulation of l'État Canrillaise.

Secondly, we would like to bring up the issue of culture within Lourenne. The Parti Conservateur Libertaire is fully supportive of the increased prosperity of the Canrillaise people. We too wish for our people to be, once again, influential across all of Terra. We want all Canrillaise citizens of Alduria, Rildanor, Lourenne, and Kanjor to say with pride that they are Canrillaise. However, our main concern is the other ethnic minorities within Lourenne. Naturally, there is an extensive ethnic minority within Lourenne, due to its history as a colony to Rildanor, and these people would not necessarily describe themselves as Canrillaise. Lourenne is proud to hold a large population of Orinco people within its nation, and whilst the line between the two peoples is now faded, and no segregation or discord is of issue, they will be some of those people who dislike our further Canrillaise ties. It is natural for them to see this move as a support of one culture for another within our nation, and an undoing of the independence they achieved. Whilst, we will be assuring them that this is no such case, we would like to make sure that Orinco people will be guaranteed full equality and standing to the Canrillaise peoples.

Our third concern echoes that of our President's. Though well in the past, the Joîvant terrorist attack in 4213 had a severe effect on the people of our nation. Never before has such a detrimental attack against our culture been seen, and consequently our people are less certain about internationalism than before. We would, therefore, reject any talk of freedom of movement within the unification, and whilst certain restrictions could be removed for citizens of your honourable nations, I am sure that you will understand our non-negotiable position regarding the matter.

Finally, we would address our economy. This position is undoubtedly where our President's and our positions juxtapose each other the most. We are in favour of free trade, and a lifting of economic regulation. We would expect this to play an integral part of l'État Canrillaise. In our opinion, the regulation currently implemented upon the middle class and businesses within Lourenne is excessive, and our economy is crippling as a consequence of that. We would expect that the l'État Canrillaise would be fully supportive of a free market economy, and would help act as a pillar to help restore our economy, once we are again reelected.

I thank the Honourable attendees for listening, and hope that they will accept our proposals to Lourenne's position with this new and exciting venture. The PCL looks forward to playing an important role within l'État Canrillaise. This is a pivotal moment in the history of our peoples. We now have the opportunity to expand, to show the world that we are not weak. Let us take this opportunity and flourish. Plus fort ensemble!

M. Quetzalcoatl Tzamá
First Officer (Deputy Leader) of the Parti Conservateur Libertaire, Lourenne
"Sometimes the people you think you hate actually turn out to be alright."
Federal Democratic Party: Dolgava, Since 4350
RP Team / General RP Coordinator
Arapaima13

Postby jamescfm » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:28 pm

Friends, Colleagues and Esteemed Individuals,

First, I begin by thanking those who have made this conference possible. I am delighted to be able to partaking in negotiations aimed at creating a Canrillaise state once again so I feel I owe a great deal of gratitude to the organisers.

With regard to the matter at hand, the National Conservative Coalition- who I represent and who are the sole opposition party in Kanjor at present- absolutely support the creation of the State of Canrille. Unlike those who have already spoken, we do not seek some kind of vague union though. We want a proper, functioning, federal state which has all the features one would expect of such a nation: a central governing authority, an integrated currency and central bank and harmonised regulation.

Furthermore, we don't recognise the division pushed by others who have contributed thus far; notions of boundaries between Canrillaise peoples are completely contrived and are manufactured for domestic political gain. As such, we reject the petty jingoism of the government of Lourenne and ask that they radically alter their position in order to make progress towards a mutually beneficial outcome possible. Otherwise, they are acting in a manner which is contrary to the general interests of the people they claim to represent.

Marc Hennequin
Shadow Foreign Affairs Minister of Kanjor
National Conservative Coalition
jamescfm

Postby Arapaima13 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:55 pm

Parti Conservateur Libertaire (Lourenne) Representative; M. Quetzalcoatl Tzamá

Honourable Representatives,

We reject the label of jingoism with the utmost offence. We are in no way displaying Lourenne as aggressive or militaristic, and neither, we would argue, is our President. I would ask for M. Hennequin to remain civilised within this time of discussion, and to refrain from unnecessary attacks on other people's opinions. M. Hennequin must understand that Lourenne is not fully comprised of people of a Canrillaise origin, unlike his fine nation of Kanjor. We must therefore remember that this State would be perhaps detrimental to many of those who we govern, and therefore Lourenne would want a different deal to the one that the Honourable Gentleman is proposing.

Furthermore, I stated previously that restrictions between our nations would be relaxed or removed regarding immigration under a PCL Lourennian government within my earlier speech to this conference. I merely say that Lourenne does not believe it is beneficial for any nation to accept someone into their country without any restriction because they are of a particular race. When it comes to the issue of immigration into Lourenne from other countries, I feel it would not be fair to our extensive Orinco population to say that only Canrillaise people are given freedom of movement. Our fellow Canrillaise nations must recognise that this issue is one of utmost importance to Lourenne. Whilst this issue may not play much of a role within the Canrillaise heartlands of South Seleya, it is an integral part of Lourennian politics, and so any deal should factor this in. It is for these reasons that a fully open Lourennian border cannot be guaranteed.

In regards to the complete unification of one superstate, the Parti Conservateur Libertaire must profess its dislike of the idea. We feel that a État Canrillaise would function best as four autonomous independent states. Whilst there would be decisions made by the State as a whole, through a central governing authority as M. Hennequin mentioned, we feel that for our people's concerns to be best addressed, a national government would still require extensive, legislative, and executive powers.

We hope the Honourable Gentleman from the National Conservative Coalition will see our point, and accept that what we are doing, through our proposal is indeed acting in the general interests of our people, contrary to your statement. We thank you for listening.

M. Quetzalcoatl Tzamá
First Officer (Deputy Leader) of the Parti Conservateur Libertaire, Lourenne
Arapaima13

Postby Arapaima13 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:15 am

Parti Pragmatique Kanjor Representative: Emmanuel Delahaye

Honourable Representatives of Canrillaise,

I thank Rildanor for setting this conference up, and hope my speech can help spark activity in this crucial and much needed debate. So far, the only three participants, one of which the leader of my party was a former member, are now dissolved - I am hoping the PPK does not go the same way! I want to make it apparent to the conference that whilst we support the Canrille State as a conglomeration of nations, we must express our sympathies with Lourenne, and also raise several of our own concerns about this venture.

Naturally, as our leader, Edmond Lambert was brought up within Lourenne, we understand the position that the representative for the Parti Conservateur Libertaire took. Myself, having a grandfather who lived in Lourenne, have been their on many occasions and can confirm that their way of life is enough different to ours for us to make sure that they are treated sensibly within this proposal. We would encourage them to support a reunification of the State, however, we understand if that may be too far for them.

Our second point, in which we are perhaps most concerned, about is the purpose of this State. Is it a reunification of our nations, or simply an extension of Rildanor? It is quite apparent that Rildanor has long been wanting closer ties with my nation, and it is conspicuous why they should continue to support this strong Rildanorian Nationalism. I must make it clear now, that whilst we are very fortunate and thankful to have such a strong ally in the image of Rildanor, we would never support our nation becoming part of a larger Rildanor. This is what the Canrille State suggests may happen, and we hope that the representatives from Rildanor would be able to give clarification on how they would expect the Canrille State to be run fairly across the four nations.

We thank the Honourable Representatives for listening to our proposal in this really important debate. We hope that they will see our viewpoint, and respond to our concerns that have been proposed.

M. Emmanuel Delahaye
Assistant Leader of the Parti Pragmatique Kanjor
Arapaima13

Return to Diplomacy