Majatran Conference of Villareale

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Postby Axxell » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:40 am

Villareale, Istalia

The President of the Istalian Republic has invited several Majatran nations for a summit in the Palace of Villareale (Sarregna, Istalia). They're supposed to talk about a way to stabilize definitively Jelbania, the majatran economic crisis, the Union of Majatran Nations and therefore issues related to continental security and interests. Just about the last topic, Istalia would open a debate about what has been seen and perceived by many as the "Northern Council Imperialism" pushing especially by its current leading nation, Kazulia.

The Palace and its gardens will be blocked down, put under the surveillance of almost 2000 men of several security, intelligence and law enforcement agencies and the meeting will be conducted behind closed doors under the highest confidenciality.

OOC: Only the involved players and their nations' highest officials should be aware of the topics which will be covered.
All the players not involved should not be aware of the arguments treated for the RP purpose and should not act RPing counter-measures or RPs in response of this RP event without the assent and approval of the involved players.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Re: Majatran Conference of Villareale

Postby Sisyphus » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:33 am

Duke Noh Míhaljsrmko Zhtál, Prefect of the Kingdom of Vanuku:

President Yassen, gathered delegates,

There is much to discuss and so I would like to open the debate on two topics immediately.

Firstly, the situation in Jelbania. The rise of the House Spencer and their attitude towards 'foreigners' has alarmed many of us. While their domestic policy seems lenient, they are heading towards an issue with several nations including Vanuku. Despite their latest comments in the press our primary concern remains the security of the Jelbek (northern) Khaganate and assuring the safety of our people and our assets are in no doubt.

We have requested President Horace Spencer speak to us about amending the terms of the agreement laid down in the Rklemjisdtad Conference but to no avail. Frankly, he is jeopardising the peace that has been in place for the last decade. We therefore ask for comments on this matter and on the long-term stability of this nation. My thoughts are that if we do not fix the situation in Jelbania permanently then the whole of Majatra will never be fully stable.

Secondly, the issues of Terran security in particular regards to the Northern Council. I think we have all become more and more alarmed by the imperialistic attitude of the Northern Council and their aggressive and hostile manner to any one nation that would dare challenge their hegemony. The deployment of half a million-plus troops into the Dovani War theatre demonstrates the organisation's attitude to conflict and all-out desire to control.

Their attempt to gain a foothold in Majatra demonstrate to me they will not be satisfied until they have gained domination over this continent too. This is particularly the case of Kazulia (bases in Kalopia and Deltaria) where meddling in Majatran affairs has become something of an obsession (I will return to this later).

However, as it stands we are somewhat geographically fortunate in staving off their desire to dominate Majatra. There are only two nations that can hope to stand up to the NC for any prolonged period of time on Terra - Vanuku and Istalia and then only as a combined entity. This was demonstrated in the stand off in the Majatran Sea following the nuclear detonation.

While I do not believe we currently have the capacity to launch offensive missions to succeed against the NC I believe in a defensive posture - particularly on home soil - we are more than their match.

However, realistically, If we are to challenge their hegemony in any serious way beyond this we must succeed in bringing more countries with regional military power status and above into our "alliance". Trigunia for instance, which is again seen as a threat to NC dominance in the far north, or non-aligned nations on the Seleyan continent that are on the rise - Kalistan or Valruzia perhaps; convince them of the way forward. We must also galvanise support on this continent and rid it of the bases that could give the NC the advantage. Again I ask for comments on taking this forward.

As a side point, I believe Kazulia's obsession to dominate affairs in Majatra and retain a lead role in the NC will probably be to the detriment of that country.

Economically they are on the slide and they do not have the world-leading financial capacity to maintain a great military power status without it being to the detriment of the rest of their economy. Yet they continue to churn out military units as if they were going out of fashion - this includes new carriers to spearhead their fleets, and, as we all know, they are one of the most difficult things to build and then maintain. This will put severe strain on Kazulia's economy which is rated by the Zardic Institute of International Relations as having slipped from Very Strong to Strong.

Diplomatically they have been tainted by Kazulgate and their probable covert involvement in the Jelbanian Conflict. This has led to a number of nations previously looking to sanction Vanuku moving back to more friendly terms with us. All this has taken place while Hutori has grown in diplomatic power and consolidated its military and now seems to be the main player in NC operations in Dovani too.

Given that Dorvik has also taken a largely back seat role in international affairs over the last two decades, I would not be surprised to see Hutori overtake both Kazulia and Dorvik as both the dominant military power in the Northern hemisphere and the lead power in the NC.
Sisyphus

Postby Axxell » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:50 pm

President of the Istalian Republic Aghar Yassen

Thank you Mr Prefect for your presence here first of all. Then, thank you also for all the topic you have touched in your initial statement. I will respond you point after point:
First, Jelbania. The rise of the House Spencer allarmed all the continent due to its populistic xenophobic statements towards the other majatran nations. Also Istalia fears that House Spencer could undermine the peace reached in Jelbania but, we have to put all the efforts on diplomatic attempt to solve this tension. We cannot and don't want to risk a new conflict. We propose to approach the new Government of Jelbania trying to appease the situation, meet with them to hear their concerns and how to find a sort of compromise.

About the issue of the Northern Council, I tendencially agree with you Mr Prefect. Both we have to be carefull in contacting the Seleyan nations, especially Valruzia. Istalia has good relations with Valruzia but recently they ratified the NC treaty, so, we should proceed very carefully: they have to understand the hegemonic policy of the NC and we should work on this: you, Valruzia, leading nation of the Seleyan Union, do you want your organization risks to be undermine by the NC and Kazulia like Majatran Alliance?

About Kalistan, we fear that they will refuse to join an "anti-NC initiative", especially because they were very critics about Majatran great power and their nuclear policies. However, we can try also because Kalistan has more concerns from the NC than with nuclear powers in general.

Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Sisyphus » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:52 am

Duke Noh Zhtál, Prefect of the Kingdom of Vanuku:

Well, we are certainly singing from the same song sheet, President Yassen and that is good news for Majatra and a peaceful Terra.

In terms of Jelbania I will add this - whilst we have troops in the north and Deltaria has troops in the south, there is no intention to carry out anything more than security duties to defend our people working there and out interests and assets. We too wish to reach a diplomatic solution on this matter and, therefore, welcome Istalia's attempts to reach out to Horace Spencer and convince him to sit down with us and reach an agreement.

In terms of the Northern Council, it would seem wise from what you have said that Istalia reaches out to Valruzia and explains to them why the NC deal is not good for them or the future of the Seleyan Union. Kalistan is a different matter, they have always expressed neutrality on such matters, but with the expansion of their military, including joint initiatives to build modern submarines with nations such as Lodamun, they will soon attract the baleful glare of the NC as they will see them as too big a threat on their doorstep.

They will then have a choice: be absorbed into the NC or resist, which I believe the current SPoK government would choose; if they resist they will need allies. When the time of reckoning comes it will be incumbent on us to assist Kalistan or face the entirety of northern Seleya being dominated by the NC. I will look to strike a deal where Kalistan can remain defiantly neutral but one in which we will provide defensive support should they be attacked by the NC or a NC nation.

The Kazulian base in Kalopia is also causing consternation. Kalopia is allowing the NC to base nuclear capable bombers there. For example the 6th bomber wing that was based there during the Jelbanian conflict - in striking range of our nations. Can something be done about this? Kalopia is in Istalia's sphere have you any sway to persuade them otherwise?

If not and to put it bluntly, this matter is such an issue of security I would be willing to pay off Kalopia to shut down this base either in hard currency or through lucrative trade deals. I suggest given the proximity of this base to Istalia means you should consider similar action.
Sisyphus

Return to Diplomacy