Lamond Conference Three

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Lamond Conference Three

Postby Maxington » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:31 am

Stability within the Northern Hemisphere was under direct attack. A pro-Republican movement in Bekenial, hellbent on destroying the status quo and an inactive government in Skalm spells the worst.

In an undisclosed location near the Central Committee for Intelligence and Special Operations (SESO) Headquarters in Skalm, two of the most powerful men in the intelligence community meet to discuss the turbulent climate in the Northern Hemisphere. Although their actions may not be credited: "people sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Director Melgaard watches his Hutorian Counterpart as he takes a adjusts his trench against the cold breeze.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Re: Lamond Conference Three

Postby colonelvesica » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:38 am

Footsteps echoed down the street, as another gentleman moved to meet his Kazullian counterpart. When he approached who he was become increasingly obvious. He wore a dressed down suit and black peacoat, with a fedora tilted down, hiding his face to cameras and anyone who he didn't want seeing him. But once his face was seen anyone would have recognized him. His hair was going bald ontop, but his eyes were some of the shapest in the business and was recently on the cover of the Acton Financial Times; he was Wayne Steuart-Carmichael, Chairman and President of Gold Lion Capital, one of Hutori's most powerful financial firms, and the younger brother of the recently deposed Emperor. He shook his counterpart's hand. "Greetings, I am the Coordinator."
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Maxington » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:20 am

"Nice to meet you Mr. Carmichael," Melgaard responded. "Your message stressed on the urgency of this meeting, I figured this must be something important." He continued. "We are not very pleased with what is developing in Bekenial." He paused as a gust of wind pushed him slightly. "Assuming that you have not spoken with the HSIS Director, my question to you is: What do you want with my agency."
Maxington

Postby colonelvesica » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:13 pm

Carmichael started walking down the path towards the mainroad, Melgaard following in his wake. He lit a cigarette, taking a deep drag as he walked, blowing it out looking thoughtful. When he spoke he spoke casually but with utter conviction. "We'll get to that shortly, tell what do you know of the Omega Directive?"
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Maxington » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:45 pm

Melgaard swallowed his pride seeing that he was being commanded by walking invoice statement. Although he knew to himself he could do more damage in one night than Carmichael could do in a year, this was not a dick measuring contest. It seemed like a genuine plea for help. "On an official level we know nothing of the Omega Directive, however from a DCO (Department of Covert Operations) perspective, it's a blacker than black section within HSIS." He sighed. "What does the Omega Directive have to do with you?"
Maxington

Postby colonelvesica » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:01 pm

Carmichael kept walking at a casual pace, enjoying his cigarette, as if the two were old friends catching up. "The Omega Directive was created by His Majesty King Henry I has a failsafe in case Hutori ever faced an existential crisis. He believed that the crisis was a Republic, and he may have been correct; as it turns out that the transfer of power was seamless, he got cold feet about it, and the new Republic proved to a unifier as the new Republican government was smart enough to keep the Royal Family close, create a coalition with the monarchists, and ease Hutori into it. The Organization however went no where, it was already set up and despite the King being gone, it wasn't as if a top secret subsection of the government could simply disappear. As Omega Echelon was created by the old Monarch they had no mandate to serve the new President, nor the government, though their funding was absolutely secure, siphoned in incremental amounts from each government department.

They have existed purely to defend Hutori against extreme threats and have done so. Bobby Powell and the National Action Party, William Enittner and the National Union of Fascists, even Lyn Kopp and the Ataraxian Confederation... they have been there with the rise of extremism, stopping it in it's tracks at its roots, by any and all mean necessary. Omega Echelon answers to no one, as it was designed, it is merely in existence for the protection and integrity of the state, nothing else. 'Everything is permitted", isn't just a motto, it is their mandate."

He took another drag and looked at Melgaard. "Omega Echelon's and its leadership and infrastructure have existed in secret for five centuries, Coordinators passing on their mantle from one to another... Mr. Melgaard, what the Omega Directive is to me is my life. I am the Coordinator of Omega Echelon."
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Return to Diplomacy