General Assembly Meeting of the United Nations of Terra 2740

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: General Assembly Meeting of the United Nations of Terra 2740

Postby Mr.Yankees » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:51 pm

OOC: YankeeHater, I told you to stay away from this thread. You are not allowed in the UNT if you are not the representative from a member-state. Of course, that applies to other countries as well.

Edit: No more terrorist attacks will happen to the UNT unless I give consent. Is that understood?
Last edited by Mr.Yankees on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby Mr.Yankees » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:04 pm

"I most certainly agree with the General Secretary. A meeting of the Security Council must occur as soon as possible to debate this very important issues. I also agree with the General Secretary in that this body does have the power to investigate internal matters of any country whether they are members or not. The General Assembly, the Security Council, or the Economic Council may impose sanctions upon any country. The execution of these sanctions, however, is left to the member-states.

Lodamun agrees with the motion presented by the gentleman from Zardugal and will vote in its favor if presented before the Security Council.

Thank you."

Elizabeth Kynes
Minister of Foreign Affairs
United Republics of Lodamun
Mr.Yankees

Postby first » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:39 pm

We must thank the UNT and the general secretary for beginning an investigation into the actions in my home nation. As long as i remain ambassador to the UNT i will do my best to seek the true needs of Hobrazia and bring to light any miscarriages of justice and crimes against the people that are occuring there.
Long may the UNT bring peace, unity and freedom to all of Terra.

Nico Neesam
Ambassador for Hobrazia
first

Postby Sam » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:45 am

Senhor Jorgé Fernandes will be the Hobrazian Ambassador to the United Nations.
"The FSB finally caught him for talking shit about replacing Putin with this "Saiser" character. I'm guessing they're up to his seventh toenail by now."
- Dynastia on jethro
Sam

Postby Mr.Yankees » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:25 am

The Foreign Affairs Ministry of Lodamun has granted asylum to former Ambassador to the UNT Nico Neesam.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=57&start=10

Signed,

Elizabeth Kynes
Mr.Yankees

Postby rep » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:45 am

Rutania proposes to the honourable General Assembly to reject the nomination of the criminal Hobrazian governments for the office of Ambassador. I propose to recognize only the presence of Nico Neesam. My country also grants asylum to Ambassador Nico Neesam, in case he wants to be close to his fatherland which is now usurped by criminals and terrorists.
Rutania strongly protests against arrest of Dominic Neesam by the authorities. We demand the immediate release of Mr. Neesam.
If the honourable Assembly recognizes Jorge Fernandez as legitimate representative of Hobrazia, my country is prepared for the temporary suspension of its activity in the UNT. We must send clear signs of disapproval to the Hobrazian usurpers.

Veronica Mayday,
Rutania
"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." (Winston Churchill)
rep

Postby Darvian » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:10 am

OOC: I haven't forgotten about all of you. I'm looking up the charter rules-again, on this new motion. Bare with me please. Thanks!
Darvian

Postby Emunim » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:46 am

"With respect to the Rutanian representative, we do not believe the UNT should not be driven by factionalism. Regardless of the opinion of member states on the new government of Hobrazia, who it chooses to represent Hobrazia at the UNT is the legitimate representative of Hobrazia. Continuing to claim that Nico Neesam is their representative, when reality says otherwise, simply does not make sense."

Selim Haiysrmko
UNT Ambassador for Barmenia
Emunim

Postby rep » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:57 am

I understand the objections of the Barmenian Ambassador. We should let, then, the Hobrazian government to arrest everybody who expresses his or her political opinions freely. If the UNT wants this it would be sad. If not, the UNT should not recognize the new Hobrazian government and ambassador until the political prisoners are released and the First Party (and all parties) ensured to function freely.

Veronica Mayday,
Rutania
"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." (Winston Churchill)
rep

Postby Mr.Yankees » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:44 am

"While we definitely agree that the Hobrazian government has taken a very radical move towards violence and is trying to persecute its political opponents, we cannot support the recommendation made by the gentleman from Rutania. It definitely is unfortunate that something like this is happening but the UNT cannot take such radical action.

We highly encourage Rutani not to suspend activities in the UNT. They are a leading voice hear. It is our recommendation that they themselves take individual action to not recognize the current Hobrazian government as a legitimate government. We do encourage Rutania to remain an active member of the UNT and continue to pursue sanctions when the Security Council convenes.

Lodamun, in a show of good faith, will propose a similar bill not recognizing the current Hobrazian government as the legitimate government of that country should Rutani take similar action. We also call on the members of the UNT to issue statements condemning the current actions by the Hobrazian government.

Thank you."

Elizabeth Kynes
Mr.Yankees

Previous

Return to Diplomacy