Northern Council Special General Council (December, 4780)

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: Northern Council Special General Council (December, 4780)

Postby Auditorii » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:59 am

OOC: Just as a note, as evidenced by the top post, this is not a publicly known meeting so that bill doesn't make sense.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Aquinas » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:07 am

Auditorii wrote:

OOC: Just as a note, as evidenced by the top post, this is not a publicly known meeting so that bill doesn't make sense.

OOC: I presumed the session itself was private (as such sessions generally are) but not that the fact of the meeting being held was a secret. It is difficult to imagine, after all, that a meeting of powerful leaders from all over the world could be held without anybody catching wind of it.

Nevertheless, regardless, I hope you guys will be happy to regard the posting of the link as simply a polite/helpful OOC notification of RP going on elsewhere which is relevant (or at least potentially relevant to this thread. However, if this really is a more serious problem for you all, then I would of course be happy to delete the link. Thanks.
Aquinas

Postby Auditorii » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:12 am

The Representative from Lourenne makes some key points, the first I wish to touch on, as I am sure that it will become more relevant is the fact that the membership in the Northern Council, especially leadership roles in the organization need to be more selective. One of the proposals that I have made to the Administrative Directorate was that we have a 3 tier membership: Full Member, Associate Member and Observer. Full Members would be approved by the General Council and have full access to the organization, Associate Members would be invited to participate in the organizations efforts but would not be granted a seat on the General Council or the rank of Full Member and Observers would be simply for international organizations who wish to partner with NOCTO as a whole.

As for the second component, we agree whole heartily, we must do everything to ensure the safety and stability of Northern nations but also ensure that all Terran citizens are safe and secure. I think what I referenced earlier about our increased efforts of NORDIC and rebuilding our calendar of exercises will assist in those efforts. It is clear that the southern portion of Terra is driven by something and it is surely illogical and brash, as it typical with the southern hemisphere.

As for the last, I think I can say diplomatic efforts need to remain at the core of all of our efforts. A combined Northern Council with all its efforts can surely dissuade any nation or group of nations from conducting bad faith politics. I'm sure that we will encounter some who are bold to resist, but we can surely accomplish things with diplomacy over force.

Rüdiger Lasker,
Permanent Representative to the Northern Council
Kingdom of Dorvik

OOC: The meeting is between representatives of an organization that has existed on paper for several hundred years; the "special" component of this session of the General Council certainly implies that the meeting is far from "normal". I think it would be safe to assume that very few people would know that this meeting was even going on. I'll leave the link but I think we've collectively decided that it's not going to be addressed.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Aquinas » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:38 am

OOC:

Auditorii wrote:
The Representative from Lourenne makes some key points, the first I wish to touch on, as I am sure that it will become more relevant is the fact that the membership in the Northern Council, especially leadership roles in the organization need to be more selective. One of the proposals that I have made to the Administrative Directorate was that we have a 3 tier membership: Full Member, Associate Member and Observer. Full Members would be approved by the General Council and have full access to the organization, Associate Members would be invited to participate in the organizations efforts but would not be granted a seat on the General Council or the rank of Full Member and Observers would be simply for international organizations who wish to partner with NOCTO as a whole.

As for the second component, we agree whole heartily, we must do everything to ensure the safety and stability of Northern nations but also ensure that all Terran citizens are safe and secure. I think what I referenced earlier about our increased efforts of NORDIC and rebuilding our calendar of exercises will assist in those efforts. It is clear that the southern portion of Terra is driven by something and it is surely illogical and brash, as it typical with the southern hemisphere.

As for the last, I think I can say diplomatic efforts need to remain at the core of all of our efforts. A combined Northern Council with all its efforts can surely dissuade any nation or group of nations from conducting bad faith politics. I'm sure that we will encounter some who are bold to resist, but we can surely accomplish things with diplomacy over force.

Rüdiger Lasker,
Kingdom of Dorvik

OOC: The meeting is between representatives of an organization that has existed on paper for several hundred years; the "special" component of this session of the General Council certainly implies that the meeting is far from "normal". I think it would be safe to assume that very few people would know that this meeting was even going on. I'll leave the link but I think we've collectively decided that it's not going to be addressed.

I will quote from your OP:

A special, closed door session of the General Council of the Northern Council was called to discuss the future of the organization. The invitation was extended to Hutori, Kazulia, Lourenne, Dolgavia, Keymon and Dorvik to discuss the future of the organization.

The SGC is taking place at the Northern Council HQ located in Benekial, Hutori.

There is no indication here that the fact of the meeting taking place is a massive secret. The reasonable interpretation of "special, closed door session" would simply be that the session is being held in private, without journalists or outside observers.

Is there any reason for you to claim the fact of the meeting is secret other than to go out of your way to OOCly retrospectively torpedo my piece of RP (which I have spent time working on)?

Auditorii wrote:I'll leave the link but I think we've collectively decided that it's not going to be addressed.

I respectfully query whether you were really able to consult with the other members of this organisation within 15 minutes of my having posted the link to the debate bill in Likatonia.
Aquinas

Postby Luis1p » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:40 am

Image Akna Xolulatl, Lourennais Royal Minister of International Affairs
Interim Ambassador to Northern Council

Colleagues and Représentatives,

We agree with the Dorvish Representative on the matter of the council's organization in regards to membership. We believe the three tier system is most manageable and could lead to organization and clear purpose for each tier.

The United Kingdom acknowledges the current treaty that the Northern Council uses. Touching on Monsieur Lasker's ideas on leadership roles, we believe that further emphasis must also be put on the treaty's main councils. Which are:

General Council
Defense Council
Finance and Economics Council
Administrative Directorate

A discussion must also be held on the future of these councils, their organization, and responsibilities.
Luis1p

Postby Auditorii » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:53 am

I believe that structure was amended by us at some point following the initial treaty's ratification, I believe it was in May of 4337. The current "structure" is this body, the General Council, it also created the positions of Secretary-General of the Northern Council and an associated Deputy Secretary-General. The Finance Council was transformed into the Finance and Economics Committee, we created the Security and Intelligence Committee to focus our efforts in the fields of security and intelligence, as you can take from its name. The final and perhaps our most crowning achievement was the formation of the Joint Headquarters, perhaps the single most efficient and operable multi-national headquarters established in the world. I think that we should retain this reformed structure in the future.

Rüdiger Lasker,
Kingdom of Dorvik
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Maxington » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:30 pm

Mark Bendtsen, Minister of State for Hemispheric Relations
Interim Permanent Representative to the Northern Council

We agree 100% with the suggestions coming from the representative from Lourenne. In a similar manner, we believe that NORDIC, as an institution, need to be strengthened. To that end, we believe that NORDIC should be absorbed into this new organisation and should exist as a subordinate body/mechanism.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby colonelvesica » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:14 pm

Brian O'Shea
Interim Ambassador to the Northern Council

If that's the case, I would advise that we place NORDIC underneath the command of the Joint Headquarters. It's already a multi-national effort that for the most part we all execute. It would make sense for NORDIC to be subordinate to our joint military command.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Luis1p » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:15 pm

Image Akna Xolulatl, Lourennais Royal Minister of International Affairs
Interim Ambassador to Northern Council

Colleagues and Représentatives,

We agree with the Hutorian comments on adding NORDIC to the command of the Joint Headquarters. Joint military command of NORDIC through this organization would facilitate our efforts and our goals, but it will also encourage our multinational aerial exercises.
Luis1p

Postby Auditorii » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:38 am

Thankfully we've worked out the treaty details and some other items that we wish to include in the organization. Let us discuss the primary roles that need to be filled:

1. Secretary-General
2. Deputy Secretary-General
3. Chair of the Finance and Economic Committee
4. Chair of the Intelligence and Security Committee
5. Chief of Staff of the Joint Headquarters

Please state your intentions for which office that you wish to stand for.

Rüdiger Lasker,
Kingdom of Dorvik
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy