Re: Rottingham Conference

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Postby Robert F. Kennedy » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:13 pm

OOC note: This is a high-profile diplomatic meeting between Luthori and Lourenne, taking place at the Imperial Palace in Rottingham, which was loaned by the imperial family temporarily to the government for the duration of the negotiations. This PR will be done in the first person and should lead to...something.

Main diplomat used: Luthorian Prime Minister, Lord Derby.
Image Luthori, Image Hulstria
Constitutional Democratic Union, Hosian-Dermcratic Union
Controller of the Luthorian Monarchy (House of Orange-Villayn Armstead)
Robert F. Kennedy

Postby Robert F. Kennedy » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:09 pm

Image His Grace, the Duke of Derby, Prime Minister of Luthori

I am very happy to be here at Rottingham Palace, a palace which was leased by Their Imperial Majesties to His Majesty's Government for the duration of these negociations. I thank the Lourennais delegation headed by High Chancellor Cascabel-Adiore for coming to these historic talks. Today, we are here to find a win-win situation between the Empire and the United Kingdom, for that our friendship continue into the next century and beyond. I pray for that a satisfying settlement that arranges the interests of both parties be found. For the peace and stability of the world.

I, once again, extends our warm welcome to the Lourennais delegation.

OOC: Louis, I am assuming, and I think you confirmed me this, that the High Chancellor would be heading that visit and the Lourennais delegation in this conference.
Robert F. Kennedy

Postby Luis1p » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:02 am

The Royal Delegation from the United Kingdom of Lourenne includes

• High Chancellor, Eugenie Cascabel-Adiore
  • Royal Ministry of International Affairs, Frederic von Chambeau.
  • Royal Minister of Defense, Général Philibert Delorme
  • Crown Representative, Angelique Bouvier

High Chancellor, Eugenie Cascabel-Adiore :
Your Grace,

The United Kingdom of Lourenne and the Union of Canrille thanks you and His Majesty's Government for this most humble invitation to the imperial capital.

It is not often that our dignitaries and representatives travel to Fort William and receive a much necessary reception. We thank you for your consideration and your immediate thoughtfulness in hosting this conference. As it is so, we are here to discuss the future of our friendship and our status as global leaders for the next century.

We would like to bring forward that we have long supported Luthorian leadership since the days of Dorvish hegemony. We have spent our resources, mitigated foreign affairs, and supported Luthori for ages to see them succeed within Artanian affairs. Yet, we find ourselves here at this conference to reaffirm these ties when they should have been cemented long ago.

My government and those before me, have felt that ambition and self-centered ideologies have created a distance between the Union and the Empire. The Palace of Oisy (RMIA), can confirm through several years of diplomacy that Luthori remains a consistently inconsistent partner within Artania for the aforementioned reasons. Such is the reasoning for our deepened commitment to Dunburg and even Bannerhaffen.

I believe this conference will finally address some of our concerns we hold against the Empire. We appreciate our relationship, but believe it is held back by uncontrollable forces on our part. We believe that a special partnership with the Empire would be beneficial to our respective regions and to world security, yet we cannot engage with what we do not know: does Luthori think the same about our relationship? Or are we another step in Luthori's rise to hegemony?

Of course, my statement initiates an accusatory sentiment, but it is not to sound bad of the Empire, but to expose the position the Empire has forced us to adopt.

The United Kingdom holds the ideals of cooperation and amicable relationships true to is foreign policy. We do not seek to coerce, to cause fear, or to instill a sense of distrust. Our benevolent and humanitarian ideologies exist and will continue to exist. We can confirm to Luthori that the United Kingdom is committed to a long-standing, beneficial relationship. If you doubt our commitment, or our resolve, we have several partners who can speak on our behalf.

Therefore, we ask the Empire to engage with our concerns with truth and with utmost respect as we have stated them. We are open to hear the perspectives of His Majesty's Government.

Thank you.
Luis1p

Postby Robert F. Kennedy » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:14 am

His Majesty's Government understands the reservations coming from the Lourennais side, it's safe to say that the Luthorian foreign policy has been headless for quite a long period of time.

This government has been looking towards the Lourennais file for quite a long time, since literally the beginning of my Premiership. As Her Excellency, the High Chancellor rightfully said, we are here to discuss the future of our friendship and our status as global leaders for the next century.

As I've recognized, there has been some incoherency with the foreign policy used by Blackhall. Something that the Foreign Secretary has been working to handle by negociating with the opposition to see a clear form of foreign policy coming from Luthori. We can confirm that, of course, Lourenne has a special relationship with Luthori and the committment by the United Kingdom to its allies isn't to be addressed here, as they have shown that they will stand by their allies. And no. Lourenne isn't an "other step to our rise to hegemony". As you have rightfully put it, we also find that this partnership would be mutually beneficial to our common interests, our regions and world security.

To be frank, here in Luthori, we owe a debt to Lourenne for these years of support and committment from Eroncourt. And we owe some apologies for the medd that id Blackhall and our bureaucracy. A debt that we want to pay back.
Robert F. Kennedy

Postby Luis1p » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:51 pm

High Chancellor, Eugenie Cascabel-Adiore

Your Grace,

We are happy to engage in the most meaningful conversations with His Majesty's Government.

Please do not see this moment as "repaying a debt". The United Kingdom is always happy to help its partners grow and expand. We see this as a moment on equal grounds: despite what has happened decades ago and despite the political incoherency, we are prepared to move forward.

Our ears our open to Fort Williams' ideas.
Luis1p

Postby Robert F. Kennedy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:30 pm

The Prime Minister tells his secretary to get the journalists out of the room, making room for a discussion in his closed room

Business begins.

Luthori is definitely looking to secure an ally in the eastern half of this world. I think you suspected it after that mea culpa from me, High Chancellor. What we would like to do is sign a military alliance, involving greater collaboration between our armed forces, whether at the technological, intelligence or operational level. Of course, but apart from the military alliance that would be formalized in the treaty, everything I have just said will have to be developed.
Robert F. Kennedy

Postby Luis1p » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:18 pm

Royal Minister of Defense, Général Philibert Delorme

Your grace,

We understand the need for a military alliance between both of our nations. We'd like to pose some questions for his grace surrounding this alliance:

- Is there an interest in mutual security? How would this be upheld?
- To what extent does the Empire suggest military collaboration?
- Finally, how will the Empire ensure that this military alliance stay firm and true?
Luis1p

Postby Robert F. Kennedy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:15 pm

Secretary of State for Defence, Daniel Duncan

Due to the recent tensions between Beiteynu & Lourenne, we think that it's important that a security agreement capable of defending both our countries and the northern hemishphere in time where they need our assistance. We are mostly interested in regular contact between our defence staff and yours, while also making occasional military exercises between our two military forces.

OOC, the questions is quite complicated for me to answer ngl.
Robert F. Kennedy

Postby Luis1p » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:54 pm

Royal Minister of Defense, Général Philibert Delorme

We can agree to this, Your Excellency. The United Kingdom is committed to see peace and prosperity in the northern hemisphere just as Luthori. We would be willing to cooperate on all levels military with the Empire.

A security agreement would be most beneficial to our countries.We do not hope to force Luthori into such an agreement, we plan for this agreement to be a moment of cooperative for both parties.
Luis1p

Postby Robert F. Kennedy » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:10 pm

We are sure to be in the same mindset than our Lourennais counterpart.
Robert F. Kennedy

Return to Diplomacy