Vorona Invites Hulstrian Governor-General

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Vorona Invites Hulstrian Governor-General

Postby Rumbold90 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:57 pm

On behalf of the National Assembly of Vorona, the Archduke and the Voronan people, I invite the Hulstrian Governor-General and the Emporer of Hulstria to visit our humble island nation. The purpose of this meeting is to further Voronan-Hulstrian relations, both diplomatic and economic. A brief address to the National Assembly, either from the Emporer or the Governor-General is requested, however, not required. I sincerley hope that the Hulstrian government accepts our invitation, and I hope that brighter days are ahead of us.

Klaus Svensen
Lord Regent of Vorona
Last edited by Rumbold90 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
United Worker's Front
Mordusia
Rumbold90

Re: Vorona Invites Hulstiran Governor -General

Postby GreekIdiot » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:42 pm

OOC: Edit the title then.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Re: Vorona Invites Hulstrian Governor-General

Postby MrBean111 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:13 am

Governor-General Thorsten Accepts Vorona Invitation
Governor-General David Thorsten

Statement from the Governor-General Himself Out Of Kien-

First and foremost let me extend my thanks to Lord Regent Svensen for inviting me to their beautiful island of Vorona; these past years, after the passing in both our legislatures on the "Hulstria-Vorona Free Trade Argeement", has seen a sharp increase in economic relations between our two constitutional monarchies. Already you can see that the argeement has produced benefical results for both our societies and our economies fortunatly have seen growth since its passing. Up until the passing of HVTA, Hulstria did not enage in free-trade treaties for over a half a century, and I'm extremely glad we made to choice to not only end that streak but made the right choice ending it with establishing one with Vorona.

I accept the invitation from Mr. Svensen and will travel to Vorona to meet with their leaders. Although not required I will address their National Assembly and prepare statements to talk about the current state of economic affairs concerning our nations. I'd like to propose we also have a little economic meeting open to the public to talk about the trade, how we could enact some initiatives to continue growth, and domestic economic managing advice.

Hulstrian Emperor Heinrich II may not be joining me in my travels as he is reaching old age, probably aquiring that longevity trait from his grandfather, and because, not to be rude to officials of Vorona, he is needed 24/7 in Hulstria reasoning domestic issues as I'm sure they will understand. However that doesn't rule out a surprise visit but its unlikely.

I'd suggest we hold this Visit In January, a month and a half from now, so that Vorona can get prepared to host this visit and myself getting ready to make my journey to Vorona.

I am very well looking foward in visiting Vorona and hopefully strengthening our economic partnership.

-David Thorsten
Governor-General, elected representative of Emperor Heinrich II, of Greater Hulstria
The Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
"Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets"
MrBean111

Postby Rumbold90 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:29 pm

Here is a schedule for the meeting between the Hulstrian Delegation and the Voronan government.

Day 1

8:30 AM-Hulstrian Delegation Arrives at Barovia City International Airport
10:05 AM-arrive at Schloss von Barovia
10:15-11:00 AM-take luggage to rooms, and freshen-up
11:05 AM-1:30 PM-conference
1:30 PM-2:30 PM-lunch in the Great Hall
2:30-5:00 PM-conference
5:00-5:30 PM-teatime
5:30-7:30 PM-free time (optional tour of castle grounds)
7:45-8:25 PM-dinner in the Great Hall
8:30-10:30 PM-concert given by Voronan composer, Arnold Stonberg in castle’s theater
10:30 PM-bedtime

Day 2

8:00-9:15 AM-buffet breakfast in the Great Hall
9:30 AM-board bus to National Assembly
11:05 AM-arrive at National Assembly
11:30 AM-1:30 PM-speech by Governor-General and Press Conference
1:30 PM-2:30 PM-lunch in Café Barovia (a local restaurant of national fame)
2:45 PM-7:30 PM-tours of Historic Barovia City (stop between 5 and 5:30 PM for tea)
Tours Include:
National University
St. Hendrik’s Cathedral
Museam of Voronan History
Tyranny Memorial (memorial to all those who died under various totalitarian regimes)
Town Hall
National Gallery
7:45 PM-board plane for Dipley (dinner will be served on flight)
10:30 PM-arrive in Dipley, head for hotel

Day 3

8:00-9:30 AM-buffet breakfast in hotel
9:45 AM-board bus to factory
10:10 AM-reach factory
10:30-11:45 AM-tour of factory
12:00 PM-board bus to conference center
12:30 PM-arrive at conference center
12:45-7:30 PM-conference
1:30-2:30 PM-working lunch
5:00-5:30 PM-teatime
7:45-8:25 PM-dinner
8:30-10:00 PM-movie in the conference center
10:00 PM-board bus for hotel

Day 4

8:00-9:30 AM-buffet breakfast
9:45 AM-board bus for National Palace
10:15 AM-arrive at National Palace
10:30 AM-1:30 PM-meet with Archduke, discuss Voronan-Hulstrian relations
1:30-2:30 PM-lunch in Great Hall
2:45-5:00 PM-private meeting between Governor-General, Archduke and Lord Regent
Other guest during this time may:
-take a tour of the National Palace
-attend a public track meet in City Park
-visit the Dipley City Museum of Art
5:30 PM-board bus to hotel
6:00-9:00 PM-free time
7:30-8:45 PM-buffet dinner
9:00-10:30 PM-Flexi-time
Guests during this time may:
-watch a movie in the hotel theater
-stay in their rooms
-attend several outdoor cafes near the hotel

Day 5

8:00-9:15 AM-buffet breakfast
9:45 AM-board bus to Dipley International Airport
10:15 AM-arrive at airport
11:45 AM-Hulstrian delegation leaves for Hulstria
United Worker's Front
Mordusia
Rumbold90

Postby MrBean111 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:27 am

Hulstrian Delegation Arrives in Vorona
The Hulstrian Governor-General Meets With Voronian Citizens On Way To Hotel Room

After months of preperation Hulstrian Governor-General David Thorsten arrived at the Barovia City International Airport in the Archduchy of Vorona on an historic international trip; this will be the first time in the history of the office of Governor-General, created in 2647, where the incumbent has visited a foreign nation.

Upon arrival to the Barovia City International Airport, Mr. Thorsten was greeted by several Voronian government officials, including Vorona's Infrastructure & Transpoirt Minister Gertrude Williams, and complemented the Minister on the excellent job of re-structuring the nation's infrastructure after being wowed on the condition of the airport when only a few decades ago it was on the brink of collapse.

After conversing with the several Ministers the Hulstrian delegation, including not only the Governor-General himself but other members of the national government and other senior members of various Hulstrian political parties, immediately got in their vehicles to travel to their hotel in the capital of Vorona. When the delegation arrived at the hotel and went up to their rooms, Mr. Thorsten meet with some Voronian citizens working at the hotel, and exchanged dialouge before heading up to his room.

*8:30 AM-Hulstrian Delegation Arrives at Barovia City International Airport
*10:05 AM-arrive at Schloss von Barovia
*10:15-11:00 AM-take luggage to rooms, and freshen-up

The Governor-General has now arrived in the conference hall of the hotel to take part in the current state of economic trade between Hulstria and Vorona before heading off to lunch, then coming back to discuss/share domestic economic strategies in another conference.

Thorsten awaits the Voronian official to begin the conference.

11:05 AM-1:30 PM-conference
The Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
"Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets"
MrBean111

Postby Rumbold90 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:50 pm

The Voronan Delegation walked into the Conference Room, and took their respective seats. The Archduke stood up and gave a short address:

"Welcome friends, to my home Schloss von Barovia! The palace is older then our current nation, but it is strong and comfortable. However, our friendship and trust is stronger still, and the Voronan people thank the Hulstrians for their support, both monetary and diplomatically. Now, we will begin our business. Today, we will discuss the economic and diplomatic ties between Vorona and Greater Hulstria. I will turn over the meeting now, to the Lord Regent, Klaus Svensen. Oh and by the way, please excuse the cane: I have very weak knees."

"The Voronan public is wildy enthusiastic about the arrival of the Hulstrian Delegation. A record number of 150,000 people met the delegation at the airport, even though the airport is lawfully only allowed to have 7,000 occupants at a time. Sales for Voronan and Hulstrian flags have gone through the roof, and the city governments of Dipley, Barovia City, Honey Creek and Three Bridges have had to pass laws that created a flag ration, allowing each household only one Voronan and one Hulstrian flag each. This is how strong our friendship is." said Mr. Svensen in a brief speech before the conference actually commenced.

The Archduke walked over to his seat next to Mr. Thorsten. The Archduke put his hand in the his pants-pocket and produced a breath mint. He leaned over and placed it next to Mr. Thorsten and nodded. He then beconned over to one of his aides, Helga Schmidt. He whipsered in her ear, she left and minutes later returned with a tray, on which were laid a book, the Archduke's reading glasses, and a leather portfolio. He opened the portfolio, put on his glasses and began writing notes on the discussion going on between the Voronan Finance Minister and a member of the Hulstrian delegation about the Voronan Telar, it's monetary value and it's impact on the Voronan economy.
United Worker's Front
Mordusia
Rumbold90

Postby MrBean111 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:12 am

"Indeed both our economies are starting to see the benefits from the free-trade treaty. As outlined in HVTA, new trade routes have already mapped out, and Hulstrian business is already hard at work at setting up new ports on the coasts of the Crownlands of Budenlar and Hilgar.

Hulstrians are very interested in Vorona as well; ever since a Monarchy was established in your country not even 15 years ago, the talk of many Crownland communities was the addition of another monarchist country on Dovani. Our people are overwhemlingly supportive of our own Monarchy, it's no surprise they too have taken interest in the Archduchy of Vorona. I believe our college system is opening up new courses based around Voronian culture and language. The better we know about eachother, the better the trade, and communication"

Mr. Thorsten then takes Vorona's fiscal budget for the year 2744 he had under his seat and opened it to present it to the public.

"I have said many times Your Majesty and Mr. Svensen, Vorona while seeing the first steps of economic prosperity out of our trade, your government needs to throw away the horrible budget inherited by former regimes, and create a completely new one. Vorona is running a deficiet of over 500 billion DNTs; that needs to be put to an end. If you look at the Hulstrian tax system, we one of the smallest tax systems on Dovani, perhaps Terra, with no tax on corporations, food, or luxary items. I know the current Finance Minister is to the best of their ability to propose new economic laws in Vorona to ease restrictions and move away from past economic policy but having a negative instead of a surplus will only slow down progress. Hulstria is committed in working with Vorona on helping them solving their budget problem".

The Governor-General hands Mr. Svensen the report and awaits his reponse.
MrBean111

Postby Rumbold90 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:41 pm

Mr. Svensen took the budget report from the Governor-General, and threw it on the desk.

"The budget that National Assembly voted in favor of several years ago is the only way that Vorona can function. Our roads, train stations, and bus routes were, and still are in disrepair. Our military is still using weapons from centuries ago. The Voronan Telar is, to be honest, a worthless currency. 25 Telar is the cost for one loaf of bread. The average daily wage for a Voronan factory worker is 400 Telar a day. With the cost of food, transportation, leisure, bills etc., the average family has only a few Telars left. The government makes no money off of the income or sales taxes, therefore the 2 million Telar income of the government would only be able to cover the cost of repairing several country backroads and perhaps stop signs at every street corner in Barovia City."

(OOC: For some reason, the income tax and sales tax comes up as making 0 VT, so there is no way a responsible budget can be made.)

"To be honest, the weakness of our currency and the Voronan economy is a matter of intense debate within the National Assembly. We are out of ideas. We don't know what to do." Mr. Svensen sits down, and awaits the response of the Governor-General.
United Worker's Front
Mordusia
Rumbold90

Return to Diplomacy