Telamon's Foreign Minister and RRP leader visit Lodamun

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Telamon's Foreign Minister and RRP leader visit Lodamun

Postby Mr.Yankees » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:02 pm

Weeks of communication progressed rapidly between Prime Minister Patricia K. Johnson III of Lodamun, Telamon's Foreign Affairs Minister, Martin Lebowitz, and the leader of the Rightful Radical Party, Vojislav Krkljus.

Prime Minister Johnson was committed to renewing the once very close relationship between Lodamun and Telamon. Not only did she extend an invitation to Telamon's officials, she promised that something would get done.

After months of planning and tough negotiations with the schedule, the Prime Minister's Office announced this historical visit.

At a regular daily news conference last week, the Press Secretary, Ruben Bells, made the following announcement (not unexpected due to the widely publicized rumors raging the newspapers and blogs for the last month):

"Before I take any questions, I would like to make a quick announcement.

After several weeks of communication and negotiations with the Foreign Affairs Ministry of Telamon and the Rightful Radical Party leadership, the Prime Minister is more than happy to announce that we will hold a summit here at Port Andalay between the aforementioned individuals, Prime Minister Johnson, and other cabinet members from our country. The visit is scheduled for next month and the schedule is open as of now. However, the Prime Minister is focused on discussing the treaties we have previously had with Telamon and the possible update orsuch treaties. She is also very committed to solve any differences between the different factions in Telamon and Lodamun so we can finally restore the harmonious relationship we once had with Telamon and continue our tradition of cooperation with Telamon."

The visiting members of Telamon's delegation are expected to visit the Grand Plaza, the former Presidential Palace, the Parliament building, and other important historical sites within Andalay.

Most analysts expect Mr. Krkljus to visit the same locations he did when he came to Lodamun a few years back in order to show the significance of the regime change within Lodamun.

Prime Minister Johnson (middle) standing with part of her staff. "The guys and gals that make everything happen" she was quoted when referring to picture.

OOC: You guys feel free to expand as much as you want.

OOC2: My character's image is that of U.S. Senator Blanche Lambert Lincoln. Feel free to use any images of my character.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Re: Telamon's Foreign Minister and RRP leader visit Lodamun

Postby YankeeHater » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:25 pm

Andalay Palace Will Not Welcome Krkljus

PORT ANDALAY, ANDALAY (LBC) -- Telamon's delegation to Port Andalay including Foreign Minister Krkljus will not be welcomed to visit Andalay Palace, the former Presidential palace that now houses Divine Majesty Diggory, revealed a DM press release. Palace sources claim the current Prime Minister did not consult with His Divine Majesty regarding a visit and that orders banning Mr. Krkljus from all Palace grounds is still in effect.
YankeeHater

Postby Vidoja » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:04 pm

Krkljus welcomed to Lodamun

Vojislav Krkljus arrived today in Port Andalay by plane. As soon as the plane where Vojislav Krkljus and Martin Lebowitz opened its doors, Krkljus could be seen exiting. He was waving to the crowd that gathered for that specific location, but in front of all were the officials of the Government of the Lodamese Union, Patricia K. Johnson III and Trent Lincoln. Some of a while after, Mr Lebowitz could be seen exiting, but he looked confused. After already shaking hands with the two most important Government's officials, Krkljus signalized Lebowitz to come down and do so as well.

Krkljus welcomed by Trent Lincoln and Patricia K. Johnson III (left and right)

Krkljus interviewed by press and surrounded by his Lodamese supporters

Then, Krkljus went to greet the people who have come in support of his Telamon-Lodamun policy. They weren't too keen on Lebowitz, as it seemed, they didn't even pay attention to him. It is probably because he was the successor of Krkljus, and a know collaborator with the anti-Krkljus anti-Liberal Party Government (And the crowd was mainly made of supporters of He was asked a few questions by the reporters.
Q: Mr Krkljus, are you satisfied with the new political outcome in Lodamun?
A: Yes, quite. The Liberal Party was always a cooperative, understanding and reasonable party -- internationally speaking. They are willing to cooperate in the best interest of the people of Lodamun, and when the interest is best for the people of Lodamun, it most certainly is in the best interest of the people of Telamon.
Q: Mr Krkljus, I understand you are not here officially? Why so?
A: Well, I am not a Minister any more, Mr Lebowitz is. I was invited here just as equally as Mr Lebowitz is, and what I started, I'm gonna finish. Hopefully, I will soon become an official of the Government, which would be beneficial for Telamon-Lodamun relationships.
Q: Telamon withdrew from the Anti-"Greater Likatonia" Treaty made primarily for the purposes of protecting Lodamun. How do you see this?
A: That is the worst move of our current Foreign Policy. Though Lodamun withdrew from this treaty as a result of the Government of the anti-Liberal Party bloc, doing this purely to irritate justice, Telamon should have not withdrawn from this treaty, as the treat of Greater Likatonia rises ever more currently. We know who lost millions of lives in overall aggression of Likatonia, Lodamun. And we deeply care to see Lodamun backed up in this case by more nations. We should not turn backs on our friends, but, I can do nothing currently. I hope we in Telamon could come to a consensus and form a bipartisan Government for National Unity.

Krkljus and Lebowitz drove off with Mr Lincoln and Mrs Johnson to the Lodamese Government Building. There, before starting talks, Krkljus made a speech:

"Diggory must go!"

"Fellow Lodamunians, to be honest, there is nowhere but up if this continues. But, there is something we must discuss first. Thy proud Kings of Andaala were great and honorable, truly, I am a Monarchist. I want to restore Adamovics, the only nobility dynasty Telamon has, as Monarchs. But, your Divine Majesty Matt Diggory is another story. He is doing nothing but damage to Lodamun, nothing but damage. Ignorant, selfish, egoistic and I even heard that he is uneducated -- do you want a Monarch like that? And a title created only for him? Dear Lodamunians, Diggory must go! The words maybe sound harsh, but it is so. It is the only way for Lodamun restoring its previous glory. Onward Lodamun! Onward Telamon! Peace be with you."

The most notable expression was on Lebowitz's face - he was quite shocked. This really sounds radical, but it is coming from the Rightful Radicals of Telamon.
Vidoja

Postby BStar492 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:16 am

Lebowitz Leaves Lodamun

It was reported today that Foreign Minister Martin Lebowitz has left the Lodamese Union to return to Telamon. "I feel that it is in my best interest to leave and pursue negotiations from Telamon." After the recent election and the new government formed it is understandable that he left, since the current Government has not given him permission to be in their country.

BStar492

Postby Vidoja » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:26 am

BStar492 wrote:Lebowitz Leaves LodamunAfter the recent election and the new government formed it is understandable that he left, since the current Government has not given him permission to be in their country.

OOC: This is a RP infraction. No new Government was formed. The current Government is the DCD-JDL Government long before formed.
Vidoja

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:33 pm

OOC: There we go AGAIN. This RP started while I was in the government. This RP is valid and we reserve the right to continue RPing if we so desire. We do NOT need permission because, as I already stated, it started when I was in the government. All of this RP is retroactive. In fact, most RP here is retroactive given how quickly the game clock goes.

I hope that clears everything up for everyone.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby YankeeHater » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:29 pm

As if anyone cares about your boring RP anyway. I can just ignore it. I don't have to run to the mods to complain like you always do.
YankeeHater

Postby Vidoja » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:04 pm

OOC: Oh, sorry, I thought he meant the TELAMONIAN Government, not the Lodamese one.

@Yankeehater: Did you sue your talent school?
Vidoja

Postby BStar492 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:10 pm

OOC: I left because there is a new Lodamese Government and I will now continue talks with the new Foreign Minister. Plus I was invited on the pretense of a new treaty, but I never was approached with one.
BStar492

Postby Vidoja » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:19 pm

Krkljus proudly left

"I told them what I wanted, and we will be observing the politics in Lodamun for the time being." were the words of Mr Krkljus on the Port Andalay Airport in Lodamun. He explained his leave as "his work here is done". Some journalists overheard him saying to Nikola Mandaric: "Diggory won't be here the next time I come." His plane safely landed on Telamonian soil some hours later.
Vidoja

Next

Return to Diplomacy