Delegation of the Holy Luthori Empire in Rutania

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Delegation of the Holy Luthori Empire in Rutania

Postby rep » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:11 pm

Bruckenthal Palace, Hayek

March 2814

Preparations are being made in the Bruckenthal Palace, in Hayek due to the fact that in the following days this building will host the delegation of the Holy Luthori Empire and will serve as a meeting place for senior officials from both the Empire and the Commonwealth. This is going to be the first top-level meeting of officials from the two neighbouring countries since they are members of the same international structure, the Axis.

According to the preliminary plans the delegation is arriving on the 18th of March and Rutanian First Ambassador, Ms. Veronica Mayday II. will be the permanent host of the Imperial officials. The delegation has four members: the Lord President of the Privy Council and Luthori Foreign Minister, His Grace, John Rannigan, Duke of Geharon; His Lordship, Chancellor Kevin Harmon, Earl of Lulsburry (both being the representatives of the Imperial government); and Roderick Carheim and Philip Madison (representing the Hexlon Imperial Conglomerate).

After the ceremonial first meeting with Ms. Veronica Mayday II., the Luthori representatives are discussing with Rutanian Foreign Minister, Charles Augustus von Bruckenthal. Then they will have a ceremonial dinner with prominent officials in the Klausenburg Hall of the Palace. On the next day the members of delegation are having different programmes. His Grace, John Rannigan and His Lordship, Kevin Harmon are seeing President of the Commonwealth, Pierre LeBon, while the representatives of the Hexlon Imperial are discussing with Isaiah Bergen, Minister of Trade and Industry. At the end of the second day the delegation is possibly leaving the Commonwealth.
"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." (Winston Churchill)
rep

Re: Delegation of the Holy Luthori Empire in Rutania

Postby Xanathos » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:47 pm

Delegations arrive, meetings begin

March 18th

The Imperial delegates arrived in the morning of the 18th of March at Hayek international Airport in Rutania. They were then driven to the Bruckenthal Palace in luxurious limousines and acconpanied by a large detachment of Rutanian police and OFI agents. The foreigner minister and chancellor both met with the chancellor and expressed the huge importance they place on the Rutanian-Luthorian alliance and its huge benefits for all of Artania. His Grace the foregin minister also mentioned the common security goals that both nations have.

In the mean time, Roderick Carheim and Philip Madison met with the Rutanian minister of trade, later to be joined by Chancellor Harmon. Hexlon Imperial is finalizing the details of a defense development program that they will be developping in partnership with the Luthori military for the usage of Rutania. The exact nature of the weapons and the cost of the transactions were not given to the public, however, insider sources are fairly sure it is a large-size deal and a great opportunity for both Rutania and Hexlon Imperial, which has been recently spreading its operations in much of Artania.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby rep » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Welcome speech of the First Ambassador
March 18th, 10:00 am.

At the arrival of the Imperial delegation Veronica Mayday II., Rutanian First Ambassador stood at the main entrance of the Bruckenthal Palace. The Imperial officials were drive to the top of the entrance stairs. Veronica Mayday welcomed the guests with a few words:
"It is a great honour for us to have the Luthori delegation as our guest. The Empire is our neighbour and an important ally in the framework of the Axis. Once again I welcome the delegation in the name of each and every Rutanian person.
As a first step, I shall introduce you to Mr. Charles Augustus von Bruckenthal, Foreign Minister of the Commonwealth. So let us go into eastern wing of the Palace!"

Discussions with the Foreign Minister
10:30 am.
One hall of the Bruckenthal Palace, where the Rutanian Foreign Minister was waiting the Luthori delegation

As the Foreign Minister of the Commonwealth, I respectfully thank you for coming in Rutania. I have to confess that this is my first personal meeting with Imperial officials, and it is an honour for me. Let us get to work. Please be seated!

Usually, during official meetings with a foreign delegation I start with the topic of harmonizing the foreign policies of the two countries. However in the case of the Holy Luthori Empire, this objective is already accomplished. We are members of the Axis and in this framework our foreign policies are harmonized as much as it is possible without damaging national sovereignties.
As a consequence I would like to discuss three issues.

The first two are issues of politics and diplomacy and are addressed to His Grace, John Rannigan and His Lordship, Kevin Harmon. First of all I have two point out that though having a short border line, Luthori and Rutania constitute a line that cuts Artania in two. The two states occupy thus a strategic position. My impression is that Luthori and Rutania should engage into a diplomatic mission around the continent to encourage higher cooperation among nations. This would be a question of principle which is difficult to put in practice, but I would be curious about the opinion of my honourable guests.

A second, more practical proposal is an idea meant to bring closer our foreign policy-making process. I will create the office of the High Attaché in my office and I would like it to be occupied by a person appointed by His Imperial and Most Excellent Majesty, Edward III. This High Attaché would be a personal adviser of the Rutanian foreign ministers. This measure would not hurt our sovereignty because the High Attaché would not have any power of decision making would have the right to advice permanently the foreign minister in questions related to whole Terra. Of course, the foreign minister might not always follow the word of advice. Nevertheless, in this way there would be a permanent and close connection between our two countries. So if my proposal is accepted, Rutania awaits the new High Attaché.

The third issue is addressed to the honourable representatives of the Hexlon Imperial. Rutania would like to buy nuclear weapons and plans to manufacture such articles. I do not want to enter into the principles of such an action nor into questions of detail. I am only expressing the intention of our government. The questions of detail will be discussed with my colleague, Mr. Isaiah Bergen, the Minister of Trade and Industry and his staff.

So, these were the aspects I wished to underline. I am awaiting now the observations, statements of my honourable guests.
rep

Postby Xanathos » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:08 pm

His Grace the foreign minister satrted speaking as soon as Mr von Bruckenthal had finished:

"The honour is all ours minister, His Majesty regards Rutania as one of our closest allies and highly values our relationship. To address your first point, we absolutely agree that cooperation between Artanian nations is vital. For this reason we would like to propose a free trade agreement between our two countries, possibly to be extended to other Artanian countries. This could also lay the framework for an Axis common market, that Luthori's representatives have proposed in the past. We find your second point to be another excellent idea and we would also like the Rutanian administration to name a similar official to advise the foreign minister and be present at court."

At this point, Chancellor Kevin Harmon began to speak:

"As you well know, both His Majesty's government and Hexlon Imperial look forward to doing business with you. The Empire is more than willing to share its knowledge of nuclear warfare and weaponry with Rutania, we would see this only as addded security for our continent."
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby rep » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:35 pm

Charles Augustus von Bruckenthal kindly smiled while listening to the Luthori officials.

"I have to thank for all your words. It would be an honour for Rutania to have an attaché in the Imperial court. After our meeting, the government will nominate such a person, and we are also looking forward to meet the new High Attaché.
Rutania would embrace the idea of an Artanian common market and we are willing to be partners of Luthori in initializing this process. The first task of the new attachés might be the formulation of a document which would stand at the basis of this free trade agreement.

Rutania is also thankful for the assurances provided by His Lordship, the Chancellor. I am sure that our deal will be beneficial for both of our states.

I would now suggest to go to the Klausenburg Hall of the Palace. As you know Lord Klausenburg was one of the greatest President of the Commonwealth, and this dining hall bears his name as as sign of our respect and gratitude. There we shall join several Rutanian politicians, Ministers and Senators. Please follow me!"

Imperial delegation meets President Pierre LeBon
March 19th, 13.00

Presidential Palace, Port Nelson, Commonwealth of Rutania

Part of the Luthori delegation, His Grace John Rannigan, and His Lordship Kevin Harmon, were transported with a presidential limousine in Port Nelson, the capital of Rutania. They were having a meeting with Pierre LeBon, President of the Commonwealth in the Presidential Palace.

"Welcome in Port Nelson! As I was informed, you were in Hayek up to this moment. I love that city more than this one. In secret I am planning to make Hayek the Rutanian capital city, but not even my party supports.
Pardon me for my informal style, but I do not enjoy those strict discussions. I am a firm believer in informal discussion. I and as you may have observed I like to talk much and incomprehensible. Anyways...

Your Grace, Your Lordship, it is an honour for me to have the opportunity of meeting with two of the most famous and most respected officials of the Imperial Court of Luthori. I have been informed that your meeting with Mr. von Bruckenthal was extremely fruitful and I am extremely thankful for this. For long years the country's relationship with the Empire was lukewarm, if I may use this expression. But every Rutanian is now pleased that the Empire and the Commonwealth are building a solid friendship and cooperation. It is strange this kind of dualism, Commonwealth and Empire... Two genres of constitution, two genres of traditions. I believe that this is not a question of essence, only a question of form. But these forms are important because these are giving our identities and sovereignty. I really hope that the Empire and the Commonwealth will be able to make a difference in Artania and in the world through their friendship and cooperation.

I am very enthusiastic about the idea that Your Grace did propose yesterday. Marvellous indeed! I am sure that by the new function of the High Attaché, we will manage to maintain a permanent informational and decisional bond between our two capital cities. I am planning to nominate Ms. Veronica Mayday II. as the attaché in the Imperial court. I figure you have already met her. She is a diplomatic genius. Her mother Veronica Mayday was the Rutanian Ambassador to the United Nations of Terra and she worked outstandingly. Those were the times when Lord Klausenburg was the President and my humble person was his foreign minister. Super times for Rutania!

I have spoken two much again. Please, feel free to express your opinions, your requests. I am curious about problems that are of consideration in the Empire.
rep

Postby Xanathos » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:01 am

"Mr President, the honour is all ours, we greatly thank you for the excellent hospitality you have shown us and we admire the inncredible beauty of both Port Nelson and Hayek" began Duke Rannigan, "His Majesty will be delighted to meet Ms Veronica Mayday II and will greatly value her advice and counsel. We would like to appoint Sir Patrick Helmson as High Attaché to the government of Rutania. Sir Patrick has been our ambassador to Rutania for the past twenty years and is one of our most valued diplomats, as well as a personal friend of His Majesty's. Sir Patrick will immediately be sent to work with Ms Mayday on the creation of a draft document of our free trade agreement.

Friendship between great nations is bound to achieve great things, Mr President.

I am sorry to have to speak of such a distastefull topic, but could you tell me of Rutania's views on the current events in Indrala, specifically of Indrala's recent annexation of the Hanzen Territory and their aggressive rhetoric towards most of their Dovanian neighbours?" The Duke had looked joyous and smiling at the beginning of his speech, now however, there was a sad expression on his face.
Xanathos

Postby rep » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:36 am

President Pierre LeBon smiled sadly after the question of Duke Rannigan.

"Your Grace, it is a sad situation. The history of Terra saw hundreds of trouble-makers who rose rapidly and have fallen with the same intensity. I remember, when I was foreign minister, the great issue was the Nova Terra rule in Hobrazia. All these phenomena is based on force. Some insane people force their rule on a country and use a nation to achieve some of their insane ideas. Primarily I am extremely sorry for the poor Indarlans, who have to bear day by day this kind of mental terror. But until this remains in a country, we cannot do anything, unfortunately.
However the atrocities against the independent Hanzen State is an outrageous act. Rutania with its distance and limited means is not able to do anything. But the mighty nations in the zone - Luthori, Zardugal, Hulstria - must do something. As the allies of these nations Rutania would support any kind of measure.
The actions made by the government of Indarla are a risky precedent and cannot be let to widen and strengthen.
You know, the aggressive rhetoric against our allies hurts us as well and damages our pride. The responsible agents in the Indarlan ruling group must be punished. Under the label of anti-imperialistic fight and liberating activities they are spreading slavery and most prominently they are committing crimes against humanity. It is intolerable.

What is the Empire's opinion about the course of proper action?"
rep

Postby rep » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:46 am

Minister of Trade discusses with the representatives of Hexlon Imperial
March 19th, 12.00

"Gentlemen, I welcome you here at the Ministry of Trade.
According to my recent informations, this visit of the Luthori delegations has already produced a great result concerning my Ministry. A free trade agreement will be drafted between our two countries. I am extremely pleased about this result.
However, the purpose of our meeting here is slightly different. Foreign Minister von Bruckenthal has expressed Rutania's intention to purchase nuclear weaponry, actual weapons and plans of manufacturing them. And the Empire has kindly offered us an opportunity.
As as start, I would like to as you, Gentlemen, to present an offer, a list, if possible, of potential good you are willing to sell. And please mention an initial value you are requiring in exchange."
rep

Postby Xanathos » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:11 am

OOC: Sorry for not answering earlier, I had a busy day. Also, for all intents and purposes, the Luthori currency, the Pound, is worth about 20 USD.

IC:

Delegation meeting President Lebon

"The Empire will issue statements condemning Indrala's actions in the Hanzen area and highlihgting their hipocrisy. I must say, I am very gratefull that Rutania and Luthori see eye to eye on this issue. As you know, the Grand Duchy of Talmorschland, one of his Majesty's colonies, is located very close to Hanzena dn it seems that it know faces a possible threat. Our mutual ally Zardugal is in a similar situation. As a precautionary measure, it is likely that some fleet elements will be moved to Talmorschland, although we have no intention of waging an aggressive war," Rannigan said.

Delegation meeting with the minister of trade

Philip Madison was first to talk: "Indeed, a free trade agreement between our two countries will be most beneficial... However, that is not our main subject of discussion, is it?" said Roderick Carheim, who, being the more senior official, would do all the talking from now on: "I have been briefed by the EMperor himself regarding this mission and I must say it is of great importance to Him. Luthori posesses a large amount of nuclear weapons. The official number is somewhere around 6,000, although more are in existance. Anyway, here is a list of some of our products we believe you might be interested in, the prices are also indicated. Obviously, this list is absolutely confidential." The list was the following:

CLASSIFIED

Legend:

ICBM - Inter-continental ballistic missile
SLBM - Submarine launched ballistic missile
PRS - Production rights and schematics
PRSC - Production rights and schematics cost
PRSCNS - Production rights and schematics not for sale
PC - Purchase cost

Bombs:

TNB0247 - Low yield nuclear bomb, 200 kt - PC: £2,000,000 - PRSC: £750,000,000
TNB0765 - Medium yield nuclear bomb, 500 kt - PC: £3,000,000 - PRSC: £1,250,000,000
TNB1284 - High yield nuclear bomb, 1,000 kt - PC: £5,000,000 - PRSCNS
TNB2506 - Very High yield nuclear bomb, 5,000 kt - PC: £10,000,000 - PRSCNS

Missile-based warheads:

SNW0167 - Low yield, nuclear warhead, 100 kt - PC: £1,500,000 - PRSC: £1,000,000,000
SNW0897 - Medium yield, nuclear warhead, 300 kt - PC: £3,000,000 - PRSC: £1,500,000,000
SNW1493 - High yield, nuclear warhead, 500 kt - PC: £4,000,000 - PRSCNS
SNW2833 - Very High yield, nuclear warhead, 750 kt - PC: £5,000,000 - PRSCNS

Missile systems:

LSMS-743 Imperator V - ICBM system, can carry up to 12 warheads at 15,000 mph for 8,000 miles - PC: £3,500,000 - PRSC: £1,750,000,000
LSMS-769 Imperator VI - ICBM system, can carry up to 15 warheads at 16,000 mph for 9,000 miles - PC: £4,000,000 - PRSCNS
SSMS-381 Poseidon III - SLBM system, can carry up to 8 warheads at 10,000 mph for 5,000 miles - PC: £1,800,000 - PRSC: £1,000,000,000

Recommended package:

5 TNB0765 - £15,000,000
TNB0765 PRS - £1,250,000,000
12 SNW0167 - £18,000,000
SNW0167 PRS - £1'000,000,000
1 LSMS-743 - £3,500,000
LSMS-743 PRS - £1,750,000,000
SUBTOTAL: £4,036,500,00
ALLIED NATION DISCOUNT: £36,500,000
TOTAL: £4,000,000,000

"As you can see, we propose to transform Rutania until a full-fledged and modern nuclear power. For £4bn, Rutania will posess the ability to produce 500kt atomic bombs and 100kt warheads, as well as Imperator V missile systems. There a slim possibility of price negotiation, although this does not apply on our proposed package since a discount is already included. Shipment is included in the price. What do you think of our offer?"
Xanathos

Postby rep » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:27 pm

"It is quite a tempting offer. I have to express my gratitude for this kind offer you made for us. If I am calculating correct if 1 RUT is £0.23 then the "packadge" zou recommended would cost roughly 17,391,304,350 RUT. Our current budgetary surplus is 38,334,110,092 RUT so I can state that the deal is made from our part.

We will start transferring the sum via the Rutanian Weapon Trade Agency as soon as the shipping of the goods is initiated.

I have to say that it is indeed a great moment in our common history. I have to thank once again in the name of every Rutanian, and I hope that our trading relations will evolve even more from this moment on. Let us drink a glass of champagne to honour our deal.
Then we can sign the preliminary documents of our agreement."
rep

Next

Return to Diplomacy