Imperial East Terra Company 10th Anniversary Banquet

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Imperial East Terra Company 10th Anniversary Banquet

Postby conlib » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:25 pm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Imperial Company House State Banquet Room. (Raleigh, New Wessex)

Guests:

HRH Emperor William II
Chief Factor of Imperial East Terra Company - Thomas M Barnes and wife.
Chairman of the Handelsatic League - Albert Hoharkon
Leader of the Phalangists Party - Michel Aoun and wife.
Pontesian Minister of Internal Affairs - Bachir Gemayel and wife.
Pontesian Minister of Trade and Industry - Amine Gemayel and wife.
Pontesian Minister of Infrastructure and Transport - Ms. Rachel Gibbs.
Pontesian Minister of Environment and Tourism - Baltazar Anderson and wife.
Executive Cabinet of Directors of the Imperial East Terra Company.
Parochial County Commissioners of Gaduridos and Fotheringhay.
75 largest Shareholders in the Imperial East Terra Company.
Representatives of the Company Defence Forces.
Leading members of society.

Opening address made by Thomas M. Barnes - Chief Factor of the Imperial East Terra Company

'Your Royal Highness, Mr Chairman, honoured Pontesian guests, fellow Company Directors and shareholders, Ladies and Gentlemen. It is with great joy that I welcome you to a celebration of the Imperial East Terra Company's decade of governance in Gaduridos and Fotheringhay. The Company is truly honoured to host you all in this beautiful country. We sit here in the surrounds of a magnificent building in a city that is prosperous and teeming with potential. It is difficult to imagine that 10 years ago, the ground in which this building and city stands was abandoned scrubland. Indeed the short history of this city is a perfect reflection of the work that this Company has performed nationally during its tenure in office. From a truly stagnant economy of pestilence and poverty 10 years ago, we have created an economy that has quadrupled in size and opportunity. Where children once tilled the land from the cradle to the grave, they now attend well-funded schools and embrace every opportunity with vigour and passion. It would have been impossible to hold such a banquet 10 years ago - there were no large airports or Motorways or railways or harbours. Today, we invest trillions of GAD a year into rapidly expanding the infrastructure of the region and have given the people of this nation the ability to travel everywhere quickly and efficiently. The most important consequence of the Company's decade of work though, has been the establishment of a strong, caring, humanitarian and stable government. No longer do the Gaduridosi people live in fear of their government - so long as the Company remains in these lands, the whip of the Banana Republics of the past shall be consigned to history.

Honoured guests, Gaduridos and Fotheringhay has undergone a complete transformation from a small poverty-stricken banana republic to being a global trade partner and prosperous Kingdom. We are here today to celebrate the benefits that have come to His Majesty's newest subjects and to raise a toast to the great deal of work that still lies ahead of us.'
One Nation Conservative Party
conlib

Re: Imperial East Terra Company 10th Anniversary Banquet

Postby Bufmuck » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:11 pm

Michael Aoun stands up.

"Your Royal Highness, ladies and gentlemen. It is with great pleasure that I am able to attend this prestigious banquet and I am honoured to be able to speak in front of such distinguished guests as those who are here tonight. I am absolutely delighted to be able to stand here and share my joy at the recent achievements of my Pontesian compatriots. To think that Pontesians have travelled across Terra in their own private capacity and using their own initiative and resources have managed to turn a backward portion of our planet into such an outstanding success within such a short period is a staggering achievement. We should be proud of the outstanding record of the Imperial East Terra Company, they are the pride of the Pontesi, and they prove to the world that Pontesi remains a power to be reckoned with. If our citizens are able to achieve this, then what could the Pontesian State achieve if unleashed?

As my gathered guests will only be too aware, in the homeland we have recently been able to stave of domestic threats to our national identity and our glorious constitution. I think the success of the honourable Company in Gaduridos and Fotheringhay, and the protection of our cherished freedoms and traditions back home and clearly linked. If we can continue to project a degree of power in the world, then the stability of the Dynastic Empire is secure. With this stability achieved, it is our hope that the government in Pontesi will consider taking a more proactive role in assisting the activities of the Company. Although the Company continues to perform miracles in eastern Seleya, it can only be aided in its achievements if the government was to give the Company its full support. The prosperity of Pontesi can be clearly linked to the continued successful development of the Company’s territories, and it is in our interests to ensure that Gaduridos and Fotheringhay continue to thrive under the benevolent leadership of the Chief Factor of the Imperial East Terra Company."
The Knights of St.James - bringing the joy of Terran Catholicism to Kafuristan since 2874
Bufmuck

Postby Gus94edgar » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:03 pm

Albert Hoharkon Stands.
"Your Majesties, guests of their Royal Highnesses, I am delighted to be given the chance to speak here. For the past ten years this great Company has transformed their nation, turning it into a centre of commerce and trade, rich and successful. It was a great honour for the Company to acept by offer of joining the Handelsatic League, and as Chairman it is a great honour to serve with their speaker.
With the intelligence and hard working attitude of this great nation on our side, the League shall prosper. It's states will use the mercantile ways of this nation as an example, shall grow and flourish. Today we celebrate 10 years of this Company, but soon we may celebrate the same of our league. Hopefully we shall prosper, as this nation has, and together go forward into a greater and brighter age. That is my hope, and the hope of everyone in this room.
Thank you once again for the honour to stand here today, and Happy Anniversary."
Gus94edgar

Postby Freelancer » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:57 am

Rachel Gibbs stands up.

"Your Royal Highness, ladies and gentleman, I am honored to be a guest in this celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the Imperial East Terra Company in Gaduridos and Fotheringhay. In the beginning, this country was nothing more then a banana republic with little to no education for the native, continue conflict between faction, and non-existent economy. The company's action is nothing short of a miracle when they took only 10 years in developing Gaduridos's economy, infrastructure, education, health care, and security to what it is right now.

The Pontesian Dynastic Empire government hopes that Gaduridos and Fotheringhay will continue to enjoy their great progress under the governance of the Imperial East Terra Company."
Freelancer

Return to Diplomacy