UNT General Assembly Meeting of May 2755

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: UNT General Assembly Meeting of May 2755

Postby Mr.Yankees » Fri May 22, 2009 8:39 pm

The Security Council has sent this letter of recommendation to the General Assembly:

"We, the members of the Security Council in full session, recommend to the General Assembly Mr. Stepan Belosnezhek and Proffessor Henry Cusanus as qualified candidates for the position of Secretary General of the United Nations of Terra."

It is now the job of the General Assembly to discuss these two candidates and choose the most qualified candidate for the position.

The floor is now open for debate.

Gregory Kynes
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Ambassador to the UNT
United Republics of Lodamun
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby rep » Fri May 22, 2009 9:46 pm

Mr. Henry Cusanus has arrived to the workings of the General Assembly. He is willing to present a short speech about his view and to discuss with Mr. Stepan Belosnezhek about the issues regarding the UNT. Tommorrow he will be present at our meeting if allowed.

Veronica Mayday,
Ambassador of Rutania
"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." (Winston Churchill)
rep

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sat May 23, 2009 4:01 am

I obviously cannot speak for all members but I would certainly welcome Mr. Cusanus's presence here. I am sure many members have questions to ask including myself. I would also like to request a private meeting with Mr. Cusacus to discuss certain issues.

Thank you.

Gregory Kynes
Ambassador to the UNT
Mr.Yankees

Postby Opakidabar » Sat May 23, 2009 6:03 am

*Mr Stepan Belosnezhek is already there, ready to take part in candidate official debates as well as in 1-2-1 if need arises*
Opakidabar

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sat May 23, 2009 8:24 am

I would also like to request a private meeting with Mr. Stepan Belosnezhek to discuss some issues at hand.

Gregory Kynes
Ambassador to the UNT
Mr.Yankees

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sun May 24, 2009 5:14 am

My first question is: Have you ever been a member of a political party, political organization, political action committee, or any other group that tries to influence the political affairs on your country or any other country? The question goes for both candidates.

Thank you.

Gregory Kynes
Ambassador to the UNT
Mr.Yankees

Postby rep » Sun May 24, 2009 9:31 am

Proffessor Henry Cusanus rose to speak:

"Honourable Ambassadors of the nations of Terra,

It is a great honour that I can stand in front of this assembly, having such a noble devotion and objectives. I would like to answer to the question of Mr. Gregory Kynes. The only political body I am attached to is the people of Terra. I was born in Rutania, I was brought up in Aloria, and I lived or travelled in many countries of our planet. I can be regarded a world citizen, a cosmopolitan intellectual in the traditional sense of the expression.
I was never member of or affiliated to any party or political organization. I have a set of principles which guide me in my decisions and I always supported those who, in my perception, were doing the right things.
As you may well know I am closely tied to politics, but this does not mean that I am tied to any organization, movement of party. I am considered an extremely autonomous person with huge experiences. I have lived in dictatorships, liberal democracies, authoritarian monarchies and other regimes of all sorts. I well know all the aspects of these regimes and I know how to handle each and every discussion.
For the moment, I stop here but I am happily answering any kind of question, so feel free and put questions to me."

Prof. Cusanus sat back and started to discuss with his advisers.
"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." (Winston Churchill)
rep

Postby Opakidabar » Sun May 24, 2009 8:39 pm

Mister Stepan Belosnezhek rose to speak:
"Thank you Henry!
Honourable Ambassadors of the United Nations of Terra,
Professor Cusanus is great theoretician of politics. I have practiced politics since I remember myself.
My political carrier started with political party "Nash Gorod Pattergrad" ("Our City Pattergrad"). Pattergrad is one of the biggest port cities in Triguniya. I worked my way up to Deputy Mayor's position and my responsibility was international relations.
I joined the GPO Cultural Heritage Fund in following years to fight for civil rights and democracy in Talmoria, working for Jerry Shaka's (first black president of the black nation) campaign.
I returned to Triguniya and accompanied Trigunian ambassador to NATO as expert of cultural differences.
I joined the Obshestvo Stroitelei Terri (Society of Terra Builders) year after the foundation. I had sympathies in their goal to remove foreign monarchy from the throne. My experience was used the best in foreign affairs field, so I became ambassador of Triguniyan Republic in Zardugal.
I left Obshestvo Stroitelei Terry last year for ideological reasons. I managed to keep good relations with most of the cabinet.
Thank you for listening my answer. It turned into life story and is perfect introductory part for the most important questions to come in the debate."

Mr Stepan Belosnezhek sat back
Opakidabar

Postby Mr.Yankees » Mon May 25, 2009 9:56 pm

Another question for both candidates: How should international conflicts be solved? How will you contribute to solve these problems? Do you think the UNT is capable of solving future international conflicts?

Thank you.

Mark Kynes
Acting Ambassador to the UNT
Mr.Yankees

Postby Opakidabar » Tue May 26, 2009 7:45 pm

Mr.Yankees wrote:How should international conflicts be solved? How will you contribute to solve these problems? Do you think the UNT is capable of solving future international conflicts?

"International conflicts should be solved wise. My contribution would be one of the older brother or parent trying to separate youngsters. Advice, joke and bringing justice in a sharp manner if that is what it takes.
UNT will be capable to solve any future international conflict in case I am elected."
~ Stepan Belosnezhek.
Opakidabar

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy