Saridani Union - Commonwealth of Rutania official visit

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: Saridani Union - Commonwealth of Rutania official visit

Postby rep » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:27 pm

Ethel Klausenburg: "Well, as you well know there are two treaties that serve as a basis for the Axis Alliance. The Axis Agreement consists (besides other points) of a non-aggression clause, which means that the signatories do not attack each other. It also speaks about solidarity among the signatories but it does not require mutual defense. In other words if one nation is attacked the others do not have the formal obligation to defend it. On the other hand, the Axis Military Treaty contains this latter clause as well. So by signing the AMT a nation enters into a framework of mutual defense. I hope I could clarify this aspect regarding security.

Now, if you do not have any further topics to discuss, our meeting is arriving at its end. I shall send to you a draft of a treaty between Saridan and Rutania. You can analyse it and propose changes. After finalizing the draft the two legislatures can ratify it. Is that right?

In closing, I would like to express my deepest gratitude for your visit. It was a great pleasure and honour to host you here. And I am sure that by this treaty we have provided a basis for our everlasting close friendship. If you have any questions, please pose them to me.
"
"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." (Winston Churchill)
rep

Postby meisme » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:02 am

Chancellor: Two things, one for me and one for the Minster. For me, I would ask to speak outside about this treaty, here. We know newspeople are outside that door wanting one.

Minster: I know about a college for government here in this city, right? I would like to lecture about foreign governments to them. They are the nation's furture, you know?
meisme

Location: Being taken to the gates of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome

Postby rep » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:16 am

Ethel Klausenburg: "Indeed, Chancellor, we shall hold a joint press conference. I am sure the press is eager to find out everything we discuss. Minister, we are now in Hayek. But we should travel to Port Nelson, and I would be extremely pleased if you made a lecture at the Port Nelson School of Government. Please be my guest." (OOC: If you want you can write a piece on the Rutanian news page about this lecture)

Press Conference held after the Saridan - Rutania meeting

After putting an end to their meeting, the delegation of the Saridani Union and Rutanian PM, Ethel Klausenburg went outside the Bruckenthal Palace to hold a press conference.

Ethel Klausenburg: "Dear all, first and foremost I would like to thank for this honourable delegation for visiting our Commonwealth. With the occasion of this visit we have managed to put the basis of an enduring friendship and cooperation between out two great nations. We have discussed sincerely about many issues regarding bilateral relations but also other topics related to the international arena.

A main pillar of our discussion was the drafting of a bilateral treaty. I do not wish to say everything, for I am sure you all would like to here words uttered by our Saridani friends. I might say however that this treaty would be a comprehensive one, including issues of security, economy, diplomatic cooperation, education, research and so on. We have also discussed about the Axis Alliance, and about the possibility of Saridan to enter this alliance. This is of course a question that has to be decided by the Saridani legislature, but I expressed the opinion of the Commonwealth, namely that we would warmly welcome the Union in the Axis. Now, I would give the chance to our friends to express their views.
I would like to thank once again and express my happiness about our new privileged relationship.
"

Asked about the treaty, Ms. Klausenburg said that it would be drafted soon. The draft then needs to discussed internally in both countries and changes may be made. After that the process of ratification can begin.
rep

Postby meisme » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:39 am

Chancellor: We are proud about this treaty here today in Hayek. What we done and seen today is a great day in history and a great alliance with the commonwealth. We hope that today, peace will be here in Rutania with the Union. Also, Minster Oipmla will be lecturing in The Port Nelson School of Government about Foreign Governments and how to respect them for there type of Govenment. I hope to be here again soon. Bye to everyone here in The Commonwealth of Rutania.

So, there is the end of the Saridan-Rutania Meeting in Hayek. Goodbye to the Chancellor and Consul from the Saridani Union. The Foreign Affairs Minster will still be in Port Nelson to lecture in a college there.
meisme

Postby rep » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:03 am

OOC: Thanks for everything. I shall draft the treaty and send it over to you for internal discussion. And then we can ratify it.
rep

Postby meisme » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:17 pm

Anytime, it was fun! :D
meisme

Previous

Return to Diplomacy