Saridani Union - Commonwealth of Rutania official visit

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Saridani Union - Commonwealth of Rutania official visit

Postby rep » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:43 am

September 2918 - Hayek, Rutania

Prime Minister Ethel Klausenburg arrived to the Bruckenthal Palace, Hayek where she shall receive an official delegation of the Saridani Union. The delegation will be composed of Saridani officials of top rank.
Bruckanthal Palace, Hayek

The delegation shall discuss with Prime Minister Klausenburg, issues regarding bilateral relations, and cooperation on the international scene.

---

Saridani delegation arrives

The Saridani delegation arrived at the Hayek International Airport, and was transported with limousines to the Bruckenthal Palace. At the entrance of the Palace two pulpits were placed and the flags of the two nations. Prime Minister Klausenburg was standing in front of the Rutanian flag, and greeted the officials:

"Welcome in the Commonwealth of Rutania! It is an outstanding honour for the Rutanian nation and the Commonwealth that you are visiting us. My stated purpose is to open a whole new chapter in the relation between our two great nations. Up to the present moment there was no privileged friendship between us, but I do hope that from now on this situation would change. The two countries have many similarities, and we have many things to offer to each other. Hopefully, the end of our discussion will have as a product a treaty that would formalize our multi-dimensional relationship. Once again, welcome!"
Ethel Klausenbug greeting the Saridani delegation
"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." (Winston Churchill)
rep

Re: Saridani Union - Commonwealth of Rutania official visit

Postby meisme » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:12 pm

As Chancellor Awuip Hikopla, Consul Grimo Hloma, and Foreign Affairs Minister Oipmla Umlopad step in the building to where the treaty will be made; all they can hear is cheers from the crowd. All they can see are cameras filming them walking the stage. The Consul chose to go first in the speeches for the three.

" We are more honored than you will ever known about this day in history. This is a grand day for both the Commonwealth and the Union. We are most grateful being with Prime Minister Ethel Klausenburg for more than a simple treaty that can be withdrawl any day, but a friendship that will last forever between the two nations. Thank you for welcoming we people of the Saridani Union to the forever great and strong nation of the Commonwealth of Rutania. Long lived the Union, and Long lived the Commonwealth."

Everyone on stage can hear the people singing the last sentense in the speech. No one will think badly about this day.
meisme

Location: Being taken to the gates of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome

Postby rep » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Prime Minister Klausenburg lead her guests in the tea-hall of the Bruckenthal Palace, where the main part of the discussions shall take place.

Tea-hall of the Bruckenthal Palace

"Chancellor, Consul, Minister,

I propose, let us get down to business. Our main aim here is to create a formalized, institutional framework of friendship and cooperation, that is to draft a treaty that would serve as a basis for our future relations. In order to draft these treaty we have to clarify some features of our countries. Hence I pose some questions to you, Gentlemen, and I shall also answer to them. So what is the basic foreign policy doctrine of your country? What is the international affiliation? How do you imagine the role of the Union in Terra-affairs? What would be the essence, core value of our cooperation?

The basic foreign policy doctrine of the Commonwealth focuses on the maintaining of international peace and order. For this we are pretty keen on international norm, international law, human rights and democracy. We are very active in this sense, and are not reluctant to intervene in all kind of issues threatening international peace. We are part of the Axis Alliance, Terra's most powerful military organization, and we are deeply involved in the running of this alliance. I can provide further information on these issues.
And finally, I imagine that our relationship could be based on mutual respect and assistance. I hope the Saridani Union will become one of the most privileged partners of Rutania.
"
rep

Postby meisme » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:26 pm

Minster: We agree with the peace and order all over Terra, but history isn't nice to the word "axis". We would like to know more about the axis alliance, but we can wait.

Chancellor: Like the Consul said, we are honored to be here in a nation like this. We hope that today, that Rutania and Saridani will be allies forever. Like the treaty that the Minster made, we would like to know that Rutania will never attack Saridani if ever war may be. The Federalist Party of Saridani is a member of the IOC and Intenational Greens Organzation. Any thing to add, Consul?

Conul: Not now, thank you.

Minster: Anything else you need to know about the Union?
meisme

Postby rep » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:13 am

Prime Minister Klausenburg: "Well, I can speak for long hours about the Axis Alliance. But to put it briefly, it is a defensive organization, based on the ideas of national sovereignty and international order. Its major contribution are this peace maintenance for long centuries and the defense of Terra against several threats, terrorist organizations etc.

It seems to me that you core idea would be a pact of non-aggression. And we fully agree with this idea. In practical terms there is one tiny problem, nonetheless. The problem is that a non-aggression pact is in legal contradiction with the Axis treaties. Let us imagine a purely hypothetical situation. The Union attacks one Axis member-state, therefore, according to the collective defense clause, Rutania should declare war on your country, but cannot do so because of the non-aggression pact. So clearly the two would be in contradiction and one of them needs to be broken.

So in order to abridge this problem, there are several solutions. 1.The Saridani Union might enter the Axis and thus the non-aggression clause is implicitly established. 2. We ratify a treaty which states the non-aggression commitment of the two parts and insert an article which states that in case of incompatibility (a rare but still potential situation) the Axis treaties prevails for Rutanian consideration.

I hope you understand that this is a practical issue that has to be considered. So what do you say about it? In addition I think the treaty should include also a free trade agreement, and articles that stipulate cooperation in research and education. Do you agree?
"
rep

Postby meisme » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:07 pm

Chancellor: We may join the axis; we know some if not most of the nations there we have no bad thing about them, but the UDM may not want to. Free trade is in the liking of both nations, and so is research and education. For the kid's lifes you know?

Minster: I would like to know this, you know about Louennre and Talmoria's little cold war? We are giving aid to Talmoria, but what will happen if Louennre attack the ships and planes we are using for aiding Talmoria, what will Rutania do? What about the other axis members?

Consul: Oipmla, this is just a speaking and not acting.

Minster: I know, just asking something important to me.
meisme

Postby rep » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:31 pm

Ethel Klausenburg: "Mr. Consul, if you permit me I have to share my belief: in politics there is no difference between speaking and acting. Speaking is also an act, and uttering a word can have even more far-reaching consequence than an other action. For this reason I am glad for the question of the honourable Minister. It is by no means a fortunate fact that exists between Lourennre and Talmoria. Neither of the two states is member of the Axis, thus Rutania has no obligation towards them.

Consequently, at any step taken in this sense we would consult your government. If we manage to establish this privileged relationship between Saridan and Rutania, your allies will become our friends as well. In other words we shall take into consideration your stances on issues and try to harmonize the viewpoints and actions. If Lourennre would attackthe Union, we would do all the things necessary to restore order with the least disadvantages and to stand by you. I cannot speak in the name of the entire Axis, but if you enter, it is obvious that an attack on you would mean an attack on the whole alliance.

Any other points you would like to raise?
"

(OOC: I shall be away for two days. So please forgive for my short absence. Thanks)
rep

Postby meisme » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:18 pm

Consul: I do think your way is good, and since we are allies now; I shouldn't insult you.

Minster: I would like to know some of your friends. Countries are what I am talking about.

(Chancellor stands up and looks out the window)

Chancellor: You really are running an important nation to Terra, you know?
meisme

Postby rep » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:21 pm

Ethel Klausenburg: "Yes, indeed, Chancellor, but you know, no country has a value alone. The true value of each individual country is given by its bonds connecting it with other states. At at this point I'd like to answer to your question, Minister.

The Commonwealth has some traditional allies, allies that constituted one pillar of our foreign policy regardless of the political color of the government. Firstly we are in very good relations with all the Axis countries, but especially with the Federation of Zardugal and the Holy Luthori Empire. Very strong bonds tie us to these two countries. Besides the cordial national relations, personal friendships among the political leaders make these ties even more significant.
Two more states are in very good relationships with us: Endralon and Aloria. The four states are just the tips of the iceberg, i.e. our closest allies. But as I have said we are part of an extended network of friendships.

And I also hope that your country can become the fifth of our most privileged friend. I would pose the same question to you. Can you present briefly your friends and allies?
"
rep

Postby meisme » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:41 pm

Consul: No problem,two main allies are Rildanor and Kirlawa. Others are The Second Republic of Aldegar, the Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria, and the Pontesian Dynastic Empire. We also agreed with no country left alone. Everyone needs friends. We do hope we leave allies. Now, more about the axis. If an axis member goes to war, do we have to also?
meisme

Next

Return to Diplomacy