Hobrazian Foreign minister visits Luthori

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: Hobrazian Foreign minister visits Luthori

Postby Jay (LDP) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:52 am

Luthori Foreign Minister, the Rt Hon. Richard Larkins, welcomed Hobrazian Foreign Minister, Mrs Neesam, into his office.

"Please, take a seat. It's a pleasure to meet you again."

"I have to congratulate you on your moving speech last night. It is clear that we are both looking forward toward a common goal with common interests."

"As discussed between yourself and the Prime Minister, we are particularly keen on a free trade agreement between our two nations. I took the liberty of drafting one up after our brief meeting last night."

Mr Larkins hands Mrs Neesam the document.

Document wrote:Friendship and Economic Freedom Agreement of the Holy Luthori Empire and the Hobrazian Imperium.

Despite disagreements in policy over the years and various changes of Government in both nations, the Holy Luthori Empire and the Hobrazian Imperium have remained close and continue to strive together toward the future.

The two neighbouring nations, by ratifying this Treaty, officially commit to their friendship and to free trade and agree to sustain them for as long as time permits.

The ratifiers of the FEFA Treaty agree to adhere by the following articles:

CHAPTER ONE - Friendship and Diplomacy

1.1 The basis of relations between the Holy Luthori Empire and the Hobrazian Imperium (hereby referred to as the "member nations") shall be enduring peace and friendship between the two countries and their peoples.

1.2 The member nations shall endeavour to facilitate, strengthen and diversify mutual understanding and co-operation in such areas of mutual interest as the political, economic, self-determination, legal, scientific, technological, social, cultural, professional, sporting and environmental fields.

1.3.1 Each member nation shall accord to the nationals of another member nation fair and equitable treatment with respect to their entry into, sojourn or residence in, travel within and departure from its territory, provided that in no case shall such treatment be discriminatory between nationals of the other member nation and nationals of any third country.

1.3.2 The nationals of one member nation shall enjoy within the territory of another member nation access to courts of justice and tribunals, hospitals and other emergency services in accordance with law.

1.4 The Ministers of Foreign Affairs for each respective nation shall meet periodically to discuss the general operation of the present Treaty and to discuss methods to further improve friendly relations.

CHAPTER TWO - The Economy and Trade

2.1 No tariffs, duties, quotas or other form of trade regulation is to be imposed on trade of goods or services between any member nation.

2.2 Trade of goods and services between member nations is to be encouraged by each respective nations Government.

2.3 Foreign investment by companies from one member nation of another member nations industry shall go unrestricted.

2.4 The Ministers of Trade for each respective nation shall meet periodically to discuss the general operation of the present Treaty and to discuss methods to further improve economic and trade relations.

CHAPTER THREE - The Treaty

3.1 Ratification of the Treaty requires a 2/3 majority vote in the nations legislative council.

3.2 The Treaty comes into effect as soon as two nations have successfully ratified and becomes invalid as soon as it is repealed by all or all but one member nation.

3.3 Modifications to the Treaty must come in the form of a new Treaty and ratified by the same method applied in Article 3.1. Upon successful ratification of the modified Treaty, the original Treaty becomes invalid.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=1457

"I'll give you a few minutes to read it over and give your feedback. If you wish for any ammendments or additions please let me know."
Particracy Game Moderator

Vanukese Conservatieven
Jay (LDP)

Postby first » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:00 pm

The foreign secretary glanced over the document, looking closely at some of the detail. She then glanced at the Luthori foreign minister and back to the document, this continued for a couple of minutes. She then placed the document on the table between the tow ministers and spoke clearly:

"Overall this treaty does serve both nations well, we do have one slight conern, regarding access to hospitals. We can understand that whilst we do offer those in our nation access to hospitals if they need it, they must pay for the cost for all treatment recieved, this of course is due to the fact that as a nation Hobrazia has both a mixture of state hospitals and private hospitals. We would of course allow Luthori people under this treaty to use private facilities, however the state hospitals are clearly there for those that pay tax to fund them. If we could work out a clearer wording that would be beneficial to all"
first

Postby Jay (LDP) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:49 am

Mr Larkins considered the words of the Hobrazian Foreign Minister with a puzzled look on his face.

"By those standards, a child who does not pay tax would be refused treatment in a public hospital. As would a retiree who no longer pays tax. The same goes for the unemployed.

"In my humble opinion, it is a bizarre policy and one that I, personally, cannot relate to considering we have such a different system here in Luthori. Despite that, however, I'm certain we can come to an amicable agreement that we both have full support for. The medical system of the Holy Luthori Empire is entirely privatised - and so all patients are required to pay for their medical treatment, either upfront or through private insurance agencies.

"What I was intending in the FEFA Treaty was not so much 'free' medical care, but the assurance that our nationals will not be discriminated against and refused medical care based solely on nationality in Hobrazia and vice versa. All we wish for is to ensure that our nationals will have access to all basic, necessary institutions such as the legal system, medical assistance and security when travelling abroad. It is for that reason that Article 1.3.2 grants Luthori and Hobrazian nationals 'access' to these institutions, with no mention of remuneration.

"If you have any preference for a change of wording, I'm very open to ideas."

Vanukese Conservatieven
Jay (LDP)

Postby first » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:56 pm

Alexandra Neesam looked on at the Luthori foreign minister, diligently listening to everything the minister had to say. Once he had stopped speaking she began immediately

"after listening to your clarification i am sure that this is an acceptable treaty to all concerned and i am happy that this can be moved in both our countries for the nation to discuss as a whole. I am sure that we can pass it."
first

Postby Jay (LDP) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:00 am

Mr Larkins smiled as he pulled out his mobile phone and sent a text message.

"It is most pleasing that we have come to an agreement. I have just sent word to my assistant to move the Treaty to ratification stage. It is guaranteed to pass in the Luthori Imperial Diet, as the Constitutionalist Imperial League and Liberal Democratic Party of Luthori have a full hegemony. I trust that you will do all within your power to ensure it is passed by the Imperium Congress.

"On a similar note, I must thank you for your recent attempt to ratify the Axis Agreement in Hobrazia. Obviously its defeat is disappointing, but your efforts have been truly noble. I have faith that you will succeed in future attempts so that our two nations can become even closer again.

"Now, I think that was all that I had on my agenda for this meeting. Unless you had anything else you wished to discuss, we should move on to our press conference to announce the official Treaty."

Mr Larkins awaited a response from Mrs Neesam before offering his farewells to the foreign minister.

Vanukese Conservatieven
Jay (LDP)

Previous

Return to Diplomacy