An official visit to the Holy Luthori Empire

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

An official visit to the Holy Luthori Empire

Postby Leonardo222 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:27 am

"Dear peopel of Malivia,

Now I'm ready to visit the the Holy Luthori Empire to improve our relationship. But of course, i am very confident, that we will prepar for a agreement which will secure peace and prosperity. I'm looking also forward to a new ara of teamwork on our continent, and I hope this visit will encourage other countries on our continent to join our two states to form a real economic power.My financial minister will come with me and will discuss with his ministerial colleague to discuss about several projects."

Pressman: " Is one of these projects a free trade zone or even a single currency?"

HOG:" Well, let's wait and see. First of all it is important to build up trust on both sides. And then we can discuss about a new project.

Pressman:" Do you believe that this is in the interest of our country?"

HOG:" Yes of course. I want to build a strong relationship between our two countries to safeguard peace and prosperity.And you must also see the benefits on the long term and on the medium term. I'm sure we do something whcih is good for our country.

Pressman:" Was zeichnet die Kultur dieses Landes aus?" english: "What about the culture of this country?"

HOG:"Ich denke die Kultur ist sehr wichtig, auch in diesem land. Ich bin gespannt, was mich erwartet." english: " I'm very excited and hope to learn about this country and his culture.

Thank you."

Then the HOG and his fianancial minister went to the government airplane.
Leonardo222

Re: An official visit to the Holy Luthori Empire

Postby Xanathos » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:50 pm

Fort William, Orange, Holy Luthori Empire

April 2963

The Kanzler of Malivia's private jet landed only a brief hour later at the private section of Fort William International Airport. The Malivian head of government and his minister of finance were personally greeted by the Imperial Prime Minister, Prince Siegmund. After a short drive through Fort William on a secure highway, the Kanzler and his entourage arrived at Orange Palace. Prince Siegmund dined with Kanzler Josef Bärenburg and Finance Minister Gerhard Becker and then retired for the evening after a long day of travelling for the Mr Bärenburg and Mr Becker. The following morning, the Kanzler met with Emperor Gustavus II, who had insisted on meeting personally with Mr Bärenburg to discuss issues of trade:

"Greetings Kanzler Bärenburg and welcome to Luthori. It is truly a great pleasure to meet you and I thank you for coming all the way from Malivia to visit my realm. I hear you you wish to build greater economic relations between our two countries. I believe this is an excellent idea which would reinforce our partnership and our already existing political and military alliance. The logical first step would be a free trade agreement. In addition, we can speak of monetary matters as well. The Luthori pound is linked to the price of gold, so it is a very stable currency, what did you have in mind on that topic?"
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Leonardo222 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:22 pm

"Yes I think it would be a great oppotunity for a free trade agreement. My minister has prepared some proposels for a treaty. Gerhard, please.
Minister: " Yes, here are the proposels:

The treaty between the Demokratischen Republik Malivia and the Holy Luthori Empire will come into effect, as soon the treaty is ratifys from both parliaments of the two countries.This treaty is legally binding for both countries.

Article 1: Between the Demokratischen Republik Malivia and the Holy Luthori Empire there will be a free trade agreement.
Paragraph 1: The collection of duties on goods and services of any kind is between these tow parties who have ratified this treaty is not allowed.
Paragraph 2: But the collection of duties on goods and services from other countries is allowed.

Article 2: Between the Demokratischen Republik Malivia and the Holy Luthori Empire there will be only easy border controls.
Paragraph 1: To prevent illegal goods or services from third countries would be introduced, is set up a joint police force, empowered to stop all vessels of whatever nation to explore them on unpaid merchandise.
Paragraph 2: Citzens from on of the two countries have only fast and easy border controls.

Article 3 : Between the Demokratischen Republik Malivia and Holy Luthori Empire there will be a special visa agreement.
Paragraph 1 : It is not allowed for both states to refuse a visa, accept the subject who want a visa is or was criminal or have sirious mental illness.
Pragraph 2.: Till 7 months the entry of both states (from a citizen of a country that has ratified the treaty) is visa-free.

Do you agree on that?
Leonardo222

Postby Xanathos » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:20 pm

"Minister, this proposal is very pleasing to me and to the Empire. There is only one point where further information is necessary and that is on the issue of a joint police force. The local police forces in the Holy Luthori Empire are private companies, so what I think would be the best proposal is an incrase in cooperation between our border guards and customs officers and the creation of a joint custom enforcement division between Luthori and Majatra."
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Leonardo222 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:16 pm

"Yes, we will accept such a proposel. But may I also say something about a currency. I think if we work together on this very important issue, i suggest we should first of all dicuss about what we really want. Do you want just a fixed exchange rate between our two currencies or do you wish a really single currency?
In behave of my country I can say, that the majority of people want just a fixed exchange rate. Maybe we could talk about such a think. Another issue, well economically is a fusion of our two stock exchanges. What do you think about that?"

The new traety.

The treaty between the Demokratischen Republik Malivia and the Holy Luthori Empire will come into effect, as soon the treaty is ratifys from both parliaments of the two countries.This treaty is legally binding for both countries.

Article 1: Between the Demokratischen Republik Malivia and the Holy Luthori Empire there will be a free trade agreement.
Paragraph 1: The collection of duties on goods and services of any kind is between these tow parties who have ratified this treaty is not allowed.
Paragraph 2: But the collection of duties on goods and services from other countries is allowed.

Article 2: Between the Demokratischen Republik Malivia and the Holy Luthori Empire there will be only easy border controls.
Paragraph 1: To prevent illegal goods or services from third countries would be introduced, is set up a joint custom enforcement division , empowered to stop all vessels of whatever nation to explore them on unpaid merchandise. An increase in cooperation between the border guards and customs officers is also planned.
Paragraph 2: Citzens from on of the two countries have only fast and easy border controls.

Article 3 : Between the Demokratischen Republik Malivia and Holy Luthori Empire there will be a special visa agreement.
Paragraph 1 : It is not allowed for both states to refuse a visa, accept the subject who want a visa is or was criminal or have sirious mental illness.
Pragraph 2.: Till 7 months the entry of both states (from a citizen of a country that has ratified the treaty) is visa-free.
Leonardo222

Postby Xanathos » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:49 pm

"An easy exchange rate would be most beneficial. The only problem is that exchange rates naturally fluctuate with the free market. I would like to propose one solution. If Malivia were to tie its currency to the price of gold, which is extremely stable, it would allow for quick and easy transactions between Luthori and Malivia since the Luthori Pound is already tied to the gold standard. In addition, we completely agree with the proposal to merge our stock exchanges. Luthori has two such organizations, the Fort William Mercantile Exchange and the Williamsborough Stock Market. We suggest merging the Williamsborough Stock market, which has more international companies with the Malivian stock market."
Xanathos

Postby Leonardo222 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:37 pm

"I don't agree on that. If we would link our currency to the gold standard that would hurt massvily our economy and we also have a very efficient central bank. I think we should end the talk about a currency, but talk about the fusion of our stock exchanges.
Williamsborough Stock market and the National Malivia Stock exchange will merge together into one exchange. But may I ask the question about the name of this new stock exchange?
And I also think both states should have at least 10% of the private stock company who runns this merged stock exchange."
Leonardo222

Postby Xanathos » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:53 pm

"Our apologies, it would be Fort William Mercantile Exchange that would merge with the National Malivian Stock Exchange. We propose that it simply be called the South-Artanian Mercantile Exchange, that way it could join with other stock exchanges in South Artania. Unfortunately, our free market ideology makes us strongly opposed to the idea that the government should have a stake in the stock market, as we believe it should be a self-regulated, private institution. We hope this is acceptable to Malivia and we are sure that the share holders of both our exchanges will agree to the merger."
Xanathos

Postby Leonardo222 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:10 pm

"Well, that is really not easy to accept. But I agree with you, in terms of the name of the stock exchange.My government will it bring up to our parliament.

Summary of the visit:

-New agreement on duties (free trade zone)
-Joint stock exchange (South-Artanian Mercantile Exchange)

But under any circumstances i must insist on at leats 10% stock for our two governments (each 5%) on the free company who runns the exchange."
Leonardo222

Postby Xanathos » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:20 pm

"That is acceptable. This meeting has been most beneficial. Would you like our government to draft the treaty or shall yours?"
Xanathos

Next

Return to Diplomacy