Zardugal and Lodamun: Formal State Visit

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: Zardugal and Lodamun: Formal State Visit

Postby JuliaAJA » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:36 am

Mr.Yankees wrote:
Jessaveryja wrote:OOC: And, how do you conduct a State Visit?

Basically, you invite a Head of State from another country, he/she accepts, and alas. You have a State visit.

Can you ask for an invitation and do you have to be a Head of State?
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Darvian » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:35 am

Jessaveryja wrote:Can you ask for an invitation and do you have to be a Head of State?

OOC: I guess it depends on your nation but, here's how it went down between Zardugal and Lodamun. The Foreign Minister of Zardugal and the once Foreign Minister and now President of Lodamun are quite close and have been for sometime. After the (failed) Walburg Conference Mr. Yankee's and I thought we'd try this new idea of a formal state-visit. I'm acting HoS in Zardugal, as he is in Lodamun. Our goal was to have several role-played meetings. The first such role-play was the original posts of the Lodamun delegations arrival. As the HoS and F.M. I had a bit of a monopoly on this whole thing obviously but, as no player in Zardugal can deny-I informed them all of the visit, asked if any had objections, special requests and so and so forth (call it common courtesy?) I got the input (or lack thereof) and I rolled out the red-carpet. That simple. Now, would you need to be the Foreign Minister or HoS/HoG to do this, I don't honestly see why you would -have- to be. However, it would only seem natural that if you were not either of the aforementioned that you request permission from the Foreign Ministry (depending on your laws of course) or consult with your HoS; again common courtesy and that's that.
Darvian

Postby JuliaAJA » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:32 am

Okay.
JuliaAJA

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:02 pm

Jessaveryja wrote:Okay.

OOC: It's probably more of a collaboration issue. Opakidabar and I discussed with PM's and arranged a simple meeting. Probably the whole point of this is to give some disguised message to to the international community.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Darvian » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:57 pm

George S.K wrote:OOC: It's probably more of a collaboration issue. Opakidabar and I discussed with PM's and arranged a simple meeting. Probably the whole point of this is to give some disguised message to to the international community.

OOC: There was no "disguised message" involved in the Zardugal/Lodamun state visit, just to clear that up. :-)
Darvian

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:06 pm

Darvian wrote:
George S.K wrote:OOC: It's probably more of a collaboration issue. Opakidabar and I discussed with PM's and arranged a simple meeting. Probably the whole point of this is to give some disguised message to to the international community.

OOC: There was no "disguised message" involved in the Zardugal/Lodamun state visit, just to clear that up. :-)

I never implied anything but I did find the visit quite interesting.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Darvian » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:10 pm

George S.K wrote:I never implied anything but I did find the visit quite interesting.

The visit isn't over, alas so sit back for more excessive writing. I will take that as a compliment, and thank you. To further clarify, I wasn't implying you were saying there was a "disguised message" behind our visit. Of course, there will be deals made and there is nuance in the writing for those who've paid attention that gives some hints as to what is going on. Alas, all the international community would know is what the Zardic World Report, reported. I was merely jumping the gun and making a clarification before Jess chimed in wanting to know what you meant by disguised message. :D
Darvian

Postby Mr.Yankees » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:15 pm

Darvian wrote:
George S.K wrote:I never implied anything but I did find the visit quite interesting.

The visit isn't over, alas so sit back for more excessive writing. I will take that as a compliment, and thank you. To further clarify, I wasn't implying you were saying there was a "disguised message" behind our visit. Of course, there will be deals made and there is nuance in the writing for those who've paid attention that gives some hints as to what is going on. Alas, all the international community would know is what the Zardic World Report, reported. I was merely jumping the gun and making a clarification before Jess chimed in wanting to know what you meant by disguised message. :D

Good thinking. We don't want the guy more confused than he already is.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby JuliaAJA » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:29 am

Mr.Yankees wrote:
Darvian wrote:

Good thinking. We don't want the guy more confused than he already is.

Hey!
JuliaAJA

Postby Mr.Yankees » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:01 am

I didn't mean to offend you in any sense of the word. I was merely congratulating the previous poster for making it easy for you to understand. Jees, don't need to "hey"me like that. It hurts my feelings. :(
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy