Lodamese Prime Minister visits Rutania

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Lodamese Prime Minister visits Rutania

Postby rep » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:54 pm

In an official letter addressed to Patricia K. Johnson II., Prime Minister of the United Republics of Lodamun, Victoria von Bruckenthal (PM of Rutania) invited the stateswoman in Rutania.
Their meeting will take place in the Bruckenthal Palace in Hayek. The building was formerly owned by the traditional von Bruckenthal junker family, now it is a centre for official meetings.

The Bruckethal Palace
"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." (Winston Churchill)
rep

Re: Lodamese Prime Minister visits Rutania

Postby Mr.Yankees » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:56 pm

Prime Minister Johnson to meet Rutanian Prime Minister

Port Andalay, Andalay (LCN)- The Prime Minister's Office annonced today that Prime Minister Johnson has accepted an invitation by her Rutanian counterpart, Victoria von Bruckethal, to meet at the Bruckenthal Palace in Hayek, Rutania. The Prime Minister is expected to travel around Christmas time for a period of three to four days. Among the topics to be discussed are: the Lodamun-Rutania relationship, regional conflicts, the current UNT agenda, and international affairs.

The Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kerry Tracy, will also travel with the Prime Minister and is expected to meet with the officials at the Rutanian Foreign Affairs Ministry.

The Prime Minister issued a short statement saying: "Rutania and Lodamun have always had a very good friendship. Past internal conflicts within Rutania have made us grow apart for a while. We, Prime Minister von Bruckethal and I, want to fix that. We will be talking about several topics and it is out hope that we can again work together to successfully accomplish our common goals."

The Prime Minister will be flying using LA Two (Lodamese Air Force Two) which serves both the Prime Minister and the Vice President.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby rep » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:49 am

24.12.2773 - Hayek, Rutania - A black limousine entered the front garden of the Bruckenthal Palace. It was coming from the Military Airport of Hayek. The limousine stopped at the main entrance of the Palace. Patricia K. Johnson, Prime Minister of Lodammun and Karry Tracy, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs stepped up on the stairs of the Palace.

At the main entrance they were waited by Victoria von Bruckenthal, Prime Minister of Rutania and the Foreign Minister, Mr. Clay Raymond. The four officials greeted each other and the two Prime Ministers stepped to a temporal podium to make some initial declarations.

Mrs. von Bruckenthal started her speech:
"Ladies and Gentlemen,
You are witnessing one of the most important events of these years. It is a supreme honour for Rutania, that the Prime Minister of Lodamun comes to our country. I would like to thank Ms. Johnson for accepting my invitation (she turns towards Ms. Johnson and slightly bows her head)! As you all know Lodamun is one of our closest allies and the cooperation between our two countries was established on every levels. Lodamun and Rutania went through many hardships. If you are wondering why the influence of Nova Terra has fallen, you will find that the principal merit belongs to Lodamun and Rutania. If you ask how democratic order was re-established in Hobrazia, you will discover that our countries played an immense role.
What binds Lodamun and Rutania together? I believe that the strong commitment to our ideals, to liberty and peace. The Lodamese nation proved that it is a friend on which we can rely and I hope they perceive us in the same manner.
I hope that Ms. Johnson will enjoy her visit in Rutania. We will keep the media informed all the time.
Ms. Johnson, welcome to Rutania!!"
rep

Postby Mr.Yankees » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:23 pm

"Madam Prime Minister, it is an honor to be here in Rutania. Thank you for your invitation. I think Prime Minister von Bruckenthal pretty much summarized everything. Rutania and Lodamun have always shared a close relationship and we plan to continue and strengthen that relationship. I look forward to talking to you, Prime Minister.

I want to thank the government of Rutania, again, for its invitation. Now, let's get to work, shall we?"

*Prime Minister Johnson stepped away from the podium and stretched her hand to Prime Minister von Bruckenthal*
Mr.Yankees

Postby rep » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:08 pm

The two stateswoman were sitting in the eastern wing of the palace in a marvellous hall which was gifted to Maria Eugenia von Bruckenthal by his husband Franciscus von Bruckenthal de Hayek.

Victoria von Bruckenthal started the discussion with her Lodamese counterpart, Patricia K. Johnson II:
"Our nations are firmly committed to liberty, and we have proven that in several occasions. I would be deeply interested about how these issues are seen in your country, Ms. Johnson. I hope Nova Terra will remain only a historical episode and not a future issue but in Rutania it made a huge impact. I am extremely proud that our citizens strongly backed our initiative to ban Nova Terra in Rutania. Some politicians accused us of hypocrisy because, as they said, we wanted to promote liberty by limiting it. However I see the things pretty different and fortunately the large majority of the people did so. Indeed we want to ensure freedom for everybody but those who abandon the theoretical and institutional framework of liberty cannot be treated within this framework, because they reject this kind of treatment. And I know, Lodamun was accused even on the international arena of hypocrisy and dictatorship. But I hope the Lodamese people know the opinion of the Rutanians and appreciate it.

I am very disappointed that the two commissions instituted by the UNT functioned so ineffectively. As I was informed no real discussion was done in the DIC investigating Lodamun. Some members used some emotional arguments. I think that this shows the weaknesses of their argument. Anyway, I believe these things have passed. However I am a little sceptical about the functioning of the UNT. It was a noble conception but in practice sometimes it stumbles.

Excuse me for bringing up so much topics but everything is inter-connected and we may discuss all these issues and others as well."
rep

Postby Mr.Yankees » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:30 am

*Prime Minister Johnson listened attentively to Prime Minister von Bruckenthal. She nodded in agreement every once a while.*

"Ms. von Bruckenthal, no need to apologize. I understand there are many topics to discuss but I assure that I will not leave until we tackle 'em all."

"As you know, the political situation in Lodamun can be difficult at times but I assure you that we are as committed as ever to fighting for democracy and liberty. We showed that during the rise and subsequent fall of Nova Terra and we will keep fighting as long as there are any oppressed individual in Terra. Both of our nations have been at the forefront of the fight for democracy and freedom and I hope we can keep doing so. We must show a united front at all times. The more we collaborate, the better results we will obtain."

*Prime Minister Johnson smiled at the comment of hypocrisy. She too was quite used to such criticism by extremists in Lodamun*

"We certainly appreciate the support Rutania gave us during those difficult times. We are certainly grateful. I can assure that we won't forget such an act of friendship and support."

*Mrs. Johnson showed some sign of preoccupation when hearing the UNT topic being brought. She knew that there was discontent in the international community. It was not the first time this issue had been raised*

"Ms. von Bruckenthal, I understand that the rather lackluster attitude of the UNT lately may not be exactly what we hoped for but Lodamun is certainly working to solve that. We need the UNT, we need its powerful attitude towards peace and security. I truly hope that Rutania will lend us a hand in revitalizing the UNT.

As far as the DIC, we have decided to re-introduce it in the Security Council. I think that's the only appropriate step to take after its clear failure to produce an effective result. What do you think?"
Mr.Yankees

Postby rep » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:15 pm

Mrs. von Bruckenthal seemed slightly bewildered while Prime Minister Johnson spoke about the UNT.

"Ms. Johnson I would not like to misunderstand me. The project of the UNT is an extremely precious one and I do not see any wrong in that. But I see some point which make its functioning difficult. I am going to mention some of these points immediately, but first and foremost I would like to emphasize that Rutania wants this project to function and we are willing to give our full assistance to Lodamun in revitalizing the UNT activity."

Prime Minister von Bruckenthal drank a little water and continued.

"The critiques of the UNT say that the whole process of decision-making is too slow and by the time a decision is made the issue at hand looses its actuality. According to a Rutanian saying "a great deal needs a great amount of time, but a bad deal needs even more". Besides its comical aspect I believe the saying bears some truth. Related to this issue I would have a suggestion. The Secretariat of the UNT did not have any visible activity as far as I know. I think we should make it first of all more visible. more transparent and we should give it more prerogatives. I mean, the Secretariat should have the monopoly to bring up topics to the General Assembly. Of course every country may contact the Secretariat so the universal character of the UNT would not be diminished. But we would avoid the a lot of pointless quarrels. On the same pattern the Secretariat should have the monopoly to propose resolutions which of course could be amended or rejected as a whole.
I know this procedure seems even complicated. But I see that the extreme personalization is the cause of the ineffectiveness of the UNT. A great area is provided for the different states to put forward their personal vices, frustrations etc. by this blocking the activity. This was the case with the DICs. If I was informed correctly, the Hobrazian DIC was inefficient because Kafuristan did not want it to be efficient.
A great political scientist of Rutania stated that in well functioning democracies (and the UNT is in a way based on democratic principles) the power and the decision-making should be as impersonal as possible.

Frankly, I do not believe that the two committees should be re-created, because it would be a mere formality without any real stake. But, of course, Rutania does not reject categorically this alternative.
"
rep

Return to Diplomacy