Vanuku's Emperor visits Dorvik

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Vanuku's Emperor visits Dorvik

Postby Kubrick » Thu May 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Emperor Johannes I greeting the watching locals on the Petrov Airforce Base.

It is early in the morning as His Imperial Majesty Johannes I arrives on the Petrov Airforce Base in Haldor, the capital of Dorvik. When the Emperor steps out of his imperial airplane, the Imperator 1, he is greeted by local Dorvish citizens. Notably visible where Dorvik's royalists, who greatly supported the beginning of a Vanukuian constitutional monarchy. This is the first state visit of Johannes I since his coronation in January 3297. The ties between Vanuku and Dorvik have become very close over the last 2 years, especially when both nations signed a treaty that made Vanuku and Dorvik allies.

The Emperor had arrived with a small delegation including both the Defence and Foreign Affairs Ministers of Vanuku which makes it clear to most that this visit is more than just a simple state visit to improve relations. Awaiting the Emperor was the President of Dorvik, Branimir Slavkov. All the men shook hands and the Emperor said "It is a pleasure to finally visit Dorvik, I hope this meeting will be a great success!"
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Re: Vanuku's Emperor visits Dorvik

Postby Farsun » Thu May 03, 2012 9:18 pm

President Slavkov shook the Emperor's hand and they each introduced each others delegation, the President was strangely without the Chancellor but the Minister of Defense and the Minister of Foreign Affairs was with the President. The initial meeting was subject to hundreds of pictures and when the photo shoot was over the two made their way into the motorcade to leave for the Dorvish Palaces, the office of the Dorvish President and the Dorvish Chancellor. The arrival at the Dorvish Palace was followed by lunch and finally the men got down to business.

President Slavkov begun the meeting. "We are glad to have you your Imperial Majesty, now perhaps we can boil down what we both want from this relationship?"
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Kubrick » Thu May 03, 2012 9:39 pm

The Emperor smiled. "I am mostly here to strengthen the already strong relationship between our nations, President. But of course you have noted that with me are two ministers from my cabinet. Minister Anna-Maria van Wiel tot Wiel of Foreign Affairs and Minister Marchinus van Swagteraer of Defence. They accompany me because of a single reason: the ATR aggression. Even when our nation was still a republic we received several threats from ATR members because we practiced democracy, apparently they can not appreciate the people's opinion on national matters. Now that we are a monarchy we can see that we have angered the ATR. The thing is, Vanuku is surrounded by ATR nations. Barmenia and Zardugal are both members of the ATR and there are far more in Majatra. We believe the ATR might attempt to overthrow our government. Maybe they will try to invade us internally, with political parties. Maybe even with force if a casus belli arises. That is the reason we are here, our nation needs protection. I will let the Defence Minister shed some more light on the armed forces."

Duke Marchinus van Swagteraer nodded and cleared his throat. "President Slavkov, the forces of our nation are very capable. I trust in every soldier we have but that does not change the fact that our nation is vulnerable. Currently we have roughly 700,000 active soldiers and 500,000 on reserve duty. During war we can also rely on the Federal Guard, our local militia. I can not release the numbers of the Federal Guard yet, as we do not know the exact numbers ourself. I can state that they will surely bolster our forces. The north of Vanuku is easy to defend, the thin line of land can easily be held by our well-trained infantry. The south is a more broad line but our nation is building fortifications all around the border. It does not come down to the troops we have, it comes down to the equipment. Vanuku is severely lacking in proper equipment. Our nation has some of the finest small arms on Terra, not many firearms producers can match the quality of the Defence Factory Nachten. We also have a capable fleet of light ships. Frigates, light submarines, you name it we have it. The thing we are lacking in are heavy ships and large submarines and our naval commander stated he really needs aircraft carriers. Then there's the lack of proper attack helicopters, transport helicopters, transport planes, fighter jets and bombers. Our airforce is severely outdated. The colonel-general of the Imperial Land Forces also stated there is a large need for tanks, APC's and other heavy ground material as well as light transports. And last the Military High Command stated that.." The Duke paused for a moment, he hoped he would never have to use the next weapons. "The High Command stated that our nation also needs nuclear weapons. If victory is not feasible by any other means we need to... Eradicate all the enemy forces with tactical and strategical nuclear weapons.. That is the true reason for our visit, President. Our nation needs defence material, and we need it bad. Vanuku has accumulated a large surplus of finances over the last few decades, we will purchase every usable item your nation is willing to sell."

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

Kubrick

Postby Farsun » Thu May 03, 2012 10:05 pm

Slavkov nodded and reached over for a paper which the Minister of Defense, Colonel-General Anastasiy Damyanov had drawn up. The document was officially stamped and already classified as top secret. Dorvik had long suspected the Vanuku was going to seek arms and had already drawn up a part of its forces to be sold to the Vanuku Navy. Slavkov handed the piece of paper to the Emperor.

Naval Forces
- 6 Ost-class ballistic missile submarines
- 5 Sieg-class Destroyers
- 5 Kaminski-class cruisers
- 1 Petrov-class aircraft carrier

Ground Forces
- 200 Heavy tanks
- 200 APCs (wheeled and tracked)
- 200 IFVs
- 200 ICVs
- 70 Artillery pieces
- 20 Anti aircraft
- 150 misc.
- 4 Ballistic missile TELs (50 short-range, 20 mid-range and 10 long-range)

Air forces
- 60 Fighters
- 20 transports
- 50 helicopters
Farsun

Postby Kubrick » Thu May 03, 2012 11:22 pm

Emperor Johannes I studied the paper, nodding and grinning while reading it. "This list of materials is just what our nation is looking for, the General-Admiral will be very content with the addition of heavy material to his navy including one of the most advanced aircraft carriers to date." Johannes I handed the paper over to the Defence Minister. "I am more of a naval man myself but Minister Swagteraer was a Captain-General in the Vanukuian Land Forces, I think he can properly analyze the proposes numbers for the Ground Forces." The Minister of Defence looked up from the paper. "President, I am honoured with this proposal. This will outfit our entire Land Forces to such a way that is again a competent fighting force that can safely defend Vanuku's borders. If for some reason our superior navy fails to strike the enemy down at sea than our improved army will surely strike them on the beaches." The Minister of Defence handed the paper over to the Foreign Minister who studied the offer and wrote down some numbers. She excused herself while she went off to call with the Finance Ministry and the Federal Chancellor about a nice proposal. She returned with a sheet with numbers and first showed it to the Emperor and Defence Minister for confirmation. Both nodded and she handed it over. "President, this is what the nation of Vanuku will offer for the proposed transfer of equipment."

Financial Transfer
- 3.5 billion LOD

Material Transfer
- 10 Vijf Staten-class frigates

Misc.
- Dorvik receives position of priority customer with the defence industry of Vanuku and a lifetime 50% discount on all small arms from DFN.

The Defence Minister added some last things verbally. "On behalf of the Navy I would also like to say that in future we would like to order 3 more aircraft carriers so we can have one full AC group. And of course a separate deal for the nuclear arms."

Kubrick

Postby Farsun » Thu May 03, 2012 11:30 pm

Slavkov examined the paper and passed it to Colonel-General Damyanov who examined the paper and nodded. Damyanov spoke with a heavy Dorvin-accent in Dorvish it was brutal to the common Dorvish citizen but its often why he resorted to his native Dorvin when speaking. Damyanov however knew that the Vanuku delegation spoke a language similar to Dorvish. "These are acceptable and we would be proud to use your small arms in our military; they will be a fine addition. As for your frigates, they would provide Dorvik with much needed fast attack craft to further assault the ships of enemy." Damyanov moved and another sheet, one he had drawn up alongside the President himself. "We will hand over 10 of our nuclear warheads, we would spare more but we've recently reduced our total stock pile to only 200 warheads. Nuclear war was never much in the interest of me; Dorvik will only use them if the capital falls and even if it does we will not use them until all hope is lost. 10 right now and we shall perhaps talk about a treaty further down the road where we can add more."
Farsun

Postby Kubrick » Thu May 03, 2012 11:42 pm

Both the Emperor and the Defence Minister both seemed to try hard to understand the words the Colonel-General was speaking. They understood most and nodded when he spoke about 10 warheads. The Foreign Minister had studied the origins of the Vanukuian language and spoke most of the ancestral languages fluent, including Dorvin. In almost perfect Dorvin she responded to the Colonel-General. "On behalf of the Emperor and our cabinet, I thank you for this generous offer." The Emperor and Defence Minister looked a bit puzzled at the Dorvin but the Emperor commented on the sheet. "It is fantastic that the Dorvish military will use our small-arms, I also hope the frigates will be of great use. They are the finest our navy has, the very best a Vanukuian shipyard can assemble. As for the amount of warheads, from my limited knowledge of nuclear power I think even 10 is enough to destroy a very large area." The Emperor looked at the Defence Minister. "Yes, the Emperor is correct, this is sufficient for Vanuku. 10 of these is enough for a last resort. Let us hope it never comes to that point."

The Emperor then smiled. "I take it we have a deal then. Let us draw up a final contract so we can all sign it and then we shall see if our national legislatures agree with this deal."

Kubrick

Postby Farsun » Thu May 03, 2012 11:49 pm

"That sounds fantastic." The President lead the Vanuku delegation to another room while the final treaties were being drawn up, a dinner was served while the two delegations waited. It was not long before the two treaties were wrapped in the respective coats of their nations. President Slavkov spoke to the Emperor on the theories of Federalism and the principles which draw a federal nation together, it was something that the Vanuku Emperor had much to say on and President Slavkov was fanatically interested in the idea. The two sat down and and signed the treaties, now all that was left was for them to be approved by their national legislatures.
Farsun

Return to Diplomacy