Coburan Prezidanto arrives in Keymon

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Coburan Prezidanto arrives in Keymon

Postby RPC » Wed May 16, 2012 10:25 am

Coburan Prezidanto Tanja Huntington smiles as she steps off her plane

The Coburan president has arrived in war-ravaged Keymon, in what is her first foreign visit since taking office. She is hoping to establish good relations with the Keymonite government, in addition to strengthening trade with the island and offering assistance in the rebuilding process. Prezidanto Huntington also told reporters on her arrival that:

The Revolutionary Party always had a fondness and a connection with Keymon. It was on that island that the gallant few of the Orange Brigade - the predecessors of the Revolutionary Armed Forces - made a stand against fascist Likatonian invaders. It is to Cobura's eternal shame that the RAFC could not have been there when the fascists invaded once again. Unfortunately we first had to rid ourselves of our own oppressors, which I am happy to say, and will never tire of saying, we have done. It is absolutely delightful that Keymon and Cobura are once more free nations, beacons of liberty in a sea of darkness and oppression.
My parties:
Revolucia Partio de Koburo - Active
Nacionālistu Tautas Partija Likatonija - Inactive
Nationalis Revolutionae Frontis Selucia - Inactive

Anarchism ftw.
RPC

Re: Coburan Prezidanto arrives in Keymon

Postby Sunny » Wed May 16, 2012 12:25 pm

*Supreme President Benny Fisher-Coleman is awaiting the high guest from Cobura at the airport.*

Fisher-Coleman waiting for his guest

Prezidanto Huntington, i want to heartly welcome you on our wonderful island, here in the Supreme Imperial Republic of Keymon. It is glad to see, that the Revolucia Partio de Cobura and with that Cobura itself is willing to again strenghten the ties of our nations. Indeed we have recently both faced difficult circumstances of oppression, which shall unite us only more! Cobura and Keymon have shown their will to fight for freedom and independence, I personally have highest respect for your people, Mrs Huntington!
I am looking forward to hearing your ideas for future coopertion in the upcoming days!
Last edited by Sunny on Fri May 18, 2012 7:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Individualistic Movement = Supreme Republic of Keymon
Party for Individualism = Republic of Cobura (inactive)
Sunny

Postby RPC » Thu May 17, 2012 9:20 am

In a meeting at the Supreme President's office, Prezidanto Huntington outlines her plans with Supreme President Benny Fisher-Coleman:

Mr. Fisher-Coleman,

Cobura as you may or may not be aware boasts fine military traditions. Our Officer Corps is envied throughout Terra for the remarkable quality of military officers that it produces. We would therefore offer our advanced officer training programs to the Keymonite military, in a spirit of friendship and goodwill. We also have great traditions in innovative military tactics, with our infiltration service employing the use of asymmetrical warfare - taking the fight deep into enemy territory. Keymon will never possess a large enough military to fend off the whole raft of nations who gaze longingly and lustfully at its territory. It would be useful in this case I think for Keymon to be more proactive in its defence, and the establishment of a Keymonite Infiltration Service, trained by the Coburan IS, would allow Keymon to disrupt larger forces by bringing a highly advanced form of asymmetrical warfare to their doorsteps.

Aside from military matters Cobura sees great trade opportunities with Keymon. We can provide Keymon with advanced electronic equipment such as semi-conductors and so on, and we also possess excellent medical equipment and drugs. Speaking of drugs, we also have high quality recreational drugs, produced on co-operative farms, which may interest the freedom loving Keymonites. We are eager to hear what Keymon could exchange for these gifts.

My last issue concerns the process of rebuilding your nation, destroyed as it was by the Likatonian fascists. The Coburan economy at present is growing at a remarkable rate, in particular the construction industry. We have a variety of worker-owned construction firms, which would be more than happy to offer their assistance in any reconstruction projects that Keymon might have.
My parties:

Anarchism ftw.
RPC

Postby Sunny » Fri May 18, 2012 7:21 am

Supreme President Fisher-Coleman shows happy with suggestions:

"Madam Huntington,

I personally have the greatest of respect for the military forces of and in Cobura, especially the RAFC, which has fought many times for freedom in Cobura and Terra! We will of course be glad to arrange joint military actions, especially on sea, as this is the most interesting part of the Keymonite government We would be very happy to learn from you! Your Officers are welcome on our island at any time.

However my most personal interet of course lies in the rebuilding of Keymon cities. We have made great progress on this, however many cities away from our capital, still suffer from a weakened infrastructure and so on. We have already found a lot of private investors, but on such important issues, one can never have enough help. If coburan enterprizes feel the will to invest in Keymon, they shall also be heartly welcomed and receive all support they might need.

I myself would also like to strengten the politcal ties bewteen Keymon and Cobura by establishing regular meetings of our HoS to discuss important matters of foreign and military affairs!
Sunny

Postby RPC » Fri May 18, 2012 2:44 pm

An aide rushes over to the Coburan president, before whispering something in her ear.

Sir,

It is delightful that we are in agreement on such matters. However there is an issue I would like to raise with you. It may seem impertinent or improper for me to question the internal laws of the Keymon state, but I would be doing the Coburan people a disservice if I did not voice my concerns. I am of course referring to the legalisation of bestiality by your government. Bestiality is nothing more than animal rape, as animals can not give consent. By legalising these acts you do nothing more than legalise animal rape, something that disturbs the Coburan government greatly. I am unsure that the Coburan government can work with a Keymonite government which permits this sort of perversion and depravity.
My parties:

Anarchism ftw.
RPC

Postby Sunny » Sat May 19, 2012 8:56 am

Prezidanto Huntington,

I see no question of a friend as improper. Nevertheless i am saddened by your view on the matter of Bestiality, as I imagined us both be fighters for individual freedoms! Anyway, as you can imagine, i do not agree with your conclusions, Bestiality is more than aninmal rape, it is part of free development of sexuality. Illegalizing this issue would restrict much too far.
If Cobura is having the said problems with the internal legislation of Keymon, then this is a pity, but to be accepted. We could focus our cooperation on external affairs still, unless your words imply a refusal to work with my government on any matter?
Sunny

Postby RPC » Sat May 19, 2012 9:15 am

Mr. Coleman,

This issue has nothing to do with individual freedom and to suggest so is to pervade the meaning of that notion. The RPC has always stood defiantly in defence of individual freedom, but we also believe in respecting animals and doing to them no unnecessary harm. We therefore do not recognise bestiality as a legitimate sexual persuasion, in the same way we do not recognise paedophilia or violent gang rape as a legitimate sexual persuasion. Our belief in individual freedom is guided by the harm principle - that an individuals actions should only be restricted when they do harm to others. Quite clearly such acts of depravity do harm to the poor animals involved and we are deeply saddened by the dogmatic insistences from your party that you are merely extending individual freedom.

We will not allow this problem to affect our relations with Keymon as a nation, but we are now wary of the Individualistic Movement, who, with all due respect, now appear to be nothing more than ideological fanatics."
My parties:

Anarchism ftw.
RPC

Postby Sunny » Sat May 19, 2012 9:41 am

Madame Huntington,

I see we are having different opinions on what individual freedoms mean and shall be. I also accept the point that my Movement is going farer than your ideology would allow. You ideology may be led by the harm principle, ours is led by absolute freedoms. I do not want to say one way is better than the other and i would be glad if you do not either.
Also i do not mind your feelings regarding the Individualistic Movement as ideological fanatics, but, Prezidanto Huntington, please keep that one thing in mind, when bringing accusations against my cabinet: The election campaign was also dominated by the Bestiality-Issue. The IM focussed its campaign on freedoms and on that matter. The people of Keymon gave us nearly 52% of the votes. If you call the IM fanatics, perverts or deprivated, you always guide your accusation against the majority of keymonite people as well.
Sunny

Return to Diplomacy