Beluzian dignitaries visit Keymon

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Postby zlopado » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:55 am

Prime Minister Susan Wodeham

Count Edward Forstev III

Earlier this morning, Prime Minister Wodeham left the rainy skies of Port Tackstov on her first major diplomatic visit, accompanied by Count Edward Forstev III. Wodeham and Forstev, who co-founded the Liberal Republican Party, have gone to Keymon, where they will strengthen Beluzia's historic ties of friendship with the island nation.

Prime Minister Wodeham wrote:It is my hope that this visit will yield opportunities for future cooperative efforts between our two nations. Besides our historic ties, we share a geographical proximity that offers hope for joint scientific and economic activities. Keymon's recent history has shown her people to be resilient and capable; Beluzia has nothing to lose and a lot to gain by being a better national friend.

Although Wodeham's schedule has not been released, she is reportedly planning on discussing Beluzia's entry into the Keymon Free Trade Agreement (KFTA). Count Forstev III has voiced interest in learning how to apply principles of Keymon's political system to Beluzian government.
House Forstev (Liberal Republican Party & People's Great Society of Hope) -- Beluzia
zlopado

Re: Beluzian dignitaries visit Keymon

Postby Sunny » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:27 am

Keymonite delegation waiting for Beluzian guests

Supreme President Greene (l.) and Foreign Minister Usami (r.)

The Supreme President of Keymon, Glenn Greene and the Minister for Foreign Affairs Nicklas Usami wait for their guests at the international airport of Royal Hillsborough. The red carpet has laready been put in place, as well as all neccessary stuff.
Greene is looking forward to the talks:

I have high respect for Madam Wodeham and Count Edward, as well as for the beluzian nation as a whole. The nation of Keymon needs and desires for international cooperation and deep friendships between nations on terra. I hope that we will again come closer to that goal and establish friendly cooperation on different matters with the nation of Beluzia!
Individualistic Movement = Supreme Republic of Keymon
Party for Individualism = Republic of Cobura (inactive)
Sunny

Postby zlopado » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:56 pm

As Prime Minister Wodeham exits the airplane, she pauses to give a short statement to the press clustered around.

Wodeham wrote:As I'm here in your beautiful country, I can't help but wonder at the change from just a few years ago, when Keymon was in ruins from the Likatonian invasion. It was the resilience of the Keymonite people and the bountiful free market policies which enabled the country to turn around -- and we in Beluzia should try to import a little of that spirit. It is my sincere hope that my visit with President Greene will open up the door to free and frequent trade with Keymon. Both sides can only benefit from such an association.

But it should not be thought that this is a one-way exchange: Keymon is a wonderful island, but Beluzia also has abundant resources and a rich culture. Beluzia will gain much from Keymon, and Keymon will gain much from Beluzia. It is for this reason that I plan to propose a cultural exchange program between our two nations; we should encourage our two peoples to learn as much about the other as possible.

Thank you for your time.

The Prime Minister was followed by Forstev III, who offered that he was "glad to be somewhere sunny" and expressed that "I strongly hope I get the opportunity to tour the Imperial Congress." He declined to give a full statement, but did correct the press that he did not wish to be referred to as Count: "It is an outdated title, and I have it only because my grandfather was once a powerful man."
Last edited by zlopado on Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
House Forstev (Liberal Republican Party & People's Great Society of Hope) -- Beluzia
zlopado

Postby Sunny » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:02 am

President Greene welcomes the guests to Keymon:

It is my pleasure to welcome both of you to our wonderful island Keymon. I hope you will have the time and the opportunity to see a lot of my nation.

The delegation from Beluzia is then taken with Greene and Usami to the residence of the Supreme President, where the talks are set to take place in quiet and private atmosphere.

While something to drink is served for the guests, Greene offers the places and sits down himself as well:
So, Ms Wodeham, Mr Forstev, I really hope you enjoy your stay and that i as Supreme President can fulfill your expectations on future cooperation between Beluzia and Keymon. I personally am very interested in the cluture of your people and so I love the idea of a cultural exchange! The question of economic trade of course has our government's support as well! The Supreme Imperial Republic needs such close international friends and i hope that this will be the road to go for Beluzia and Keymon. To deepen this point i'd like to propose the idea of regular consultation between the Prime Minister of Beluzia and the Supreme Chancellor of Keymon on major international affairs for example.
Sunny

Postby zlopado » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:04 am

Wodeham wrote:I am pleased that we hold so much common ground. My administration will of course strongly pursue both the free trade and cultural exchange agreements. I am also fond of your idea of consultation! It is a great strength for a nation to have close allies; I hope this is where the relationship between Beluzia and Keymon is heading.

Edward Forstev nodded his head, saying that he "has always been a strong admirer of Keymonite culture."
Forstev wrote:While my family holds sway, I hope that we can hold a strong association -- even a united front -- with your country.
zlopado

Postby Sunny » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:33 pm

Mr Forstev, i always had admiration for your family so i hope the cooperation is to continue over the coming years and beyond! As you are interested in the keymonite culture it would be my pleasure to show you around - perhaps to the Supreme Imperial Congress - after we finished our official talks?

Ms Wodeham, i am glad that we reach consensus on that matters. This will clearly show to terra, that Beluzia and Keymon share deep respect for each other and are associated in strong friendship! I will pesonally start a cultural programm soon, introducing keymonite people and especially young students to the beluzian culture!
Sunny

Postby zlopado » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:32 pm

After the meeting has finished, Edward Forstev goes outside to make his first formal address:

It is with great pleasure that I announce the honorary entry of President Greene into House Forstev. With this, he gains all the rights and privileges that one of my own blood relatives has, and is to be treated as a full member of my House whenever he chooses to visit Beluzia. It is my hope that this will strengthen the ties between our two nations and families. I look forward to future showings of solidarity with the great nation of Keymon!

Following a political crisis in Beluzia, Prime Minister Susan Wodeham was rushed back to the country. Edward Forstev is to remain for the night and return tomorrow.
zlopado

Return to Diplomacy