Cobura President visits Keymon

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Cobura President visits Keymon

Postby Geraint » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:22 pm

The Coburan President, Peter Morgan, landed in Keymon today as part of a diplomatic visit, in the hope that they can develop their relationship together and build stronger ties between the two nations.

Upon arrival, Peter Morgan said

“I am looking forward to this visit. Keymon is a good friend of Cobura, and our two nations have a lot in common, both nations value social liberalism, both value liberty and both known the pain of oppression. I hope that this visit will allow for further co-operation between our two nations.“
Democratic Labour Party of Cobura
Corporate Industries (Kalopia Division) Inactive
Geraint

Re: Cobura President visits Keymon

Postby Sunny » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:22 am

Supreme Chancellor Ryan Mason is waiting for the guests from Cobura at the airport. As the delegation landed, Mason welcomed Peter Morgan on the island, smiled shortly for the press and then both were brought to the Chancellor's residence, where the talks are set to take place.
Ryan Mason takes the word for another heartly welcome and some smalltalking:

Supreme Chancellor Mason welcoming the foreign guests in his office

Mr. Morgan, let me say thank you for honoring us all with your visit! It is a pleasure. You said our nations are very much alike and i agree to this. Cobura is seen by the keymonite as a freedom-loving nation, which fights for what is right. Such allies is, what Keymon needs.
Anyway, how are things over in Cobura? Your party was forced into coalition with the republicans, wans't it? I know how hard rulin can be in such a un-loved coalition 'twinkles*
Individualistic Movement = Supreme Republic of Keymon
Party for Individualism = Republic of Cobura (inactive)
Sunny

Postby Geraint » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:29 pm

Although never being one for small talk, the Coburan president, never the less, engages in the small talk, with the Imperial Chancellor.

“Well, Mr Manson, it is important, sometimes, for parties of different ideologies to come together. I also hear that you have had to form a one-party government. Being head of government during a minority government, I know that I can only look ok with some jealously. I am also jealous of the lovely weather you seem to be having recently.

Anyway, let’s get down to business, I think that our two nations can both mutually benefit from a trade agreement between our two nations, I believe that we have a lot to offer each other in terms of trade goods. I also suggest that we could set up some kind of cultural exchange programme amongst the students of Cobura and that of Keymon, so that there can be a better understanding between our two nations and cultures.”
Geraint

Postby Sunny » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:24 am

Very well. I also hope for a trade agreement between our nations. I would support the idea of preferential trade between Cobura and Keymon on essential and central goods, like electronic equipement and stuff. Maybe we should fix that in a treaty as well?
From my side i would also like to come back on ideas that were already rosen during the visit of Former Coburan Prezidanto Huntington with former Supreme President Benny Fisher-Coleman. It was about joint military actions, especially with the navy. Coburan militaries have very good experience and a wonderful qualification, which the keymonite military could only benefit from! Now that our army has become a voluntary one this would be helpfuler than ever before.

On the exchange programm i am also very open. Students from Cobura would always be very welcome at the university of Royal Hillsborough!
Sunny

Postby Geraint » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:26 pm

“Military co-operative would be acceptable, and would like to hear your thoughts on how that could be brought about. I also think a treaty for trade, military co-operation and maybe the cultural exchange would be a great idea. I think that we both can only benefit from stronger relations between our two nations.”
Geraint

Postby Sunny » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:22 am

Well, while i am not an expert for military policy, I suppose that Coburan officers could lead such joint maneuver and 'teach' the keymonite up-coming officers. Besides we could as well talk about establishing a military base of Cobura on the island of Keymon, as well as vice versa. This could make it easier to stay in contact over central matters and in case that something bad should happen again, we would be faster in reaction! This idea might conflict with territorial integrity, but i feel it a good idea. Especially for Keymon, I admit!
Sunny

Return to Diplomacy