Beluzian High Count visits Solentia

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Beluzian High Count visits Solentia

Postby zlopado » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:29 am

In a surprising move, Beluzian High Count Edward Forstev III has made a trip to Solentia as the guest of the government and the Liberals of Solentia, despite the historical animosity between the two nations.

Forstev made the following comments in a press release the night before he boarded the airplane:

Beluzia and Solentia must both move forward. We must refuse to be saddled with the mistakes and grievances of the dead past; there is no other way for a new and better future to be developed. It gives me great pleasure to be the first to attempt to bridge this gap, representing Negunia and, symbolically, the entire Beluzian Union.

High Count Edward Forstev III
House Forstev (Liberal Republican Party & People's Great Society of Hope) -- Beluzia
zlopado

Re: Beluzian High Count visits Solentia

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:25 am

Not the Entire Union

The federal council voted against the High Count's campaign to end hostilities with Solentia. The High Count is acting against legislation. The outcome of the bill is a true representation of the Beluz Union's stance. The High Count's mindless blab isn't.
Karav patriarch, Kristov III, had this to say:
I can safely say that my people do not feel represented by this ridiculous kiss-ass move. The High Count only represents Negunia. Bailon was the site of the last offense committed by the Solentians, and apart from Negunia, none of the other counties support this. Karavs and Stantons both voted against the Forstevs' bill to surrender to Solentia. What the High Count is doing isn't in true representation of the union. He is doing it as the Count-General of Negunia, while using his position as High Count as some political advantage. The federal council already voted against his efforts; he is not authorised to do this madness in representation of the Beluz Union.

We had warned our allies, the Takanashi clan, that giving Solentia a second chance would be a waste, and they didn't believe us until it actually happened. They had expected the Solentians to be more respectful of our culture if we invited them to experience it again, but they were wrong; the Solentians made the same "mistakes" they made the first time. The Forstevs now want to give them a 3rd chance? This is ridiculous.

Also, it is being questioned whether the High Count had special permission to travel to Solentia, or if he sneaked in through another nation. The office of the Supreme President had issued this notice, which the Forstevs seem to ignore:
All flights between Solentia and Beluzia are suspended with immediate effect. Any aircrafts currently on route will be refused access into Solentian air space.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Return to Diplomacy