Holy Luthori Empire visit to Deltaria Dec. 3423

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Holy Luthori Empire visit to Deltaria Dec. 3423

Postby kylejenkins27 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:34 pm

A delegation from the Holy Luthori Empire arrived today in Deltaria's capitol city of Naban. They will meet with Deltarian leaders over the next few days to foster better relations between the two allied nations. Deltaria's Foreign Ministry sponsored a parade to honor the Luthori Delegation and thousands of gleeful citizens flocked to greet our historic allies from the Holy Empire. Foreign Affairs Minister & Whig Party Chairman Henry Poteat rode with the Luthori Delegation to the Capitol building to formally begin the state visit.
parade.jpg
Welcoming Parade
parade.jpg (250.04 KiB) Viewed 1269 times
Demokratychna Delic Partija Deltársko
Deltarsko Risa
kylejenkins27

Re: Holy Luthori Empire visit to Deltaria Dec. 3423

Postby kylejenkins27 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:37 pm

As Minister of Foreign Affairs and Chairman of the Whig Party I, Henry Poteat, will represent the Whig Party within the Deltarian delegation. I am very eager to begin getting to know our friends from Luthori.

Henry Poteat
Minister of Foreign Affairs (Federal Republic of Deltaria)
Chairman of the Whig Party
Deltarsko Risa
kylejenkins27

Postby Reagan25 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:05 am

The Deltarian Conservative Party (DCP) shall be represented by myself, Lord Cory Townsend, current premier and former president, I hope to improve the relationship with our dear ally.

Lord Cory Townsend
Premier, Federal Republic of Deltaria
Reagan25

Postby Donrub » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:50 am

The National Congress party will be represented by the General Secretary-elect of the NC and Interior Minister Karl Mathias. We hope to improve relations with the Luthori Empire to improve the democratic situation in Terra.

Sir Roy Mathias
NC General Secretary
NC President-elect
Former Premier of Deltaria
Former Foreign Minister
Donrub

Postby Republican » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:51 am

The Luthori delegation consists of:

His Grace Edward Price
Grand Duke of Utagia
Imperial Seal Bearer and Lord Privy Seal
Acting Foreign Minister

His Grace Henry Windsor
Grand Duke of Gerharon
Internal Affairs Minister
CEO and President Hexlon Imperial

His Grace James Blackwell
Duke of Hemsly
Justice Minister
CEO, President and Founder of Blackwell Industries.

Gentlemen, May I introduce myself and my colleagues. I am Edward Price currently the Imperial Seal Bearer and Lord Privy Seal and acting foreign affairs minister for His Majesty. To my right is Henry Windsor, currently Luthori's internal affairs minister and CEO and President of Hexlon Imperial. One of Terra's largest energy companies. To my Left, is James Blackwell, current minister of Justice, a veteran of Luthori's armed forces and Founder, CEO, and President of Blackwell Industries. Quickly becoming one of Luthori's biggest arms manufacturers.

We would first and foremost like to thank you for the wonderful parade that was put forth on our behalf. We also thank you for seeking out Luthori for better relations and we look forward to any offer that is presented to us. Luthori looks forward to working with Deltaria.
Imperial Aristocratic League
Holy Luthori Empire
Republican

Postby kylejenkins27 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 am

After the delegations met in the Capitol Building they were led to a state dinner to discuss possible areas of cooperation.

Now that we have a minute to sit back and relax we can start discussing things. First I'd like to thank you gentlemen for coming here all the way from Luthori. From my party's perspective security is Deltaria's greatest issue currently, Terrorism, and extremist factions as well as threats from abroad have opened our eyes to the danger we are in. Deltaria and Luthori already share a mutual defense pact with each other so to me it is only logical that we collaborate on a defensive front and maintain regular diplomatic communication. I believe a Luthori Military base staitioned in Deltaria would do much to stablize our region, the presence alone would deter nations like Kalopia, a dictatorship, from threatning war with Deltaria. Would his majesty's government be open to that idea if so what would Luthori ask in return? If not what ideas do you have on how we can work together to our mutual benefit?

Henry Poteat
Minister of Foreign Affairs (FDR)
Chairman of the Whig Party

nixon.jpg
Minister Poteat
nixon.jpg (37.05 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
Deltarsko Risa
kylejenkins27

Postby Republican » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:11 am

The Empire would certainly like to pursue greater defense ties with Deltaria. We would propose, starting with a joint-military base where Luthori would supply military advisers and where both countries can support and aid in each others basic strategies. Then if this is deemed a success, we could pursue a fully operational Luthori military base in Deltaria. Luthori, however is more interested in opening a possible Naval port for one of Luthori's Imperial fleets to be stationed partially or permanently throughout the year. You see, do to Luthori's considerable colonial Possessions, it is extremely important that Luthori be able to respond quickly and with as much force as possible to any possible conflict anywhere in Terra.

His Grace Edward Price Grand Duke of Utagia
Imperial-Seal Bearer and Lord Privy Seal
Acting Foreign Minister

Might I also add that as CEO and President of Hexlon Imperial, my company wishes to pursue a favorable agreement to explore potential Oil, Coal, and Natural Gas deposits in Deltaria. If anything of significance were to be found I can a sure you that my company would pay Deltaria a considerable amount to pursue these resources for Both Luthori and Deltaria.

His Grace Henry Windsor Grand Duke of Geharon
Internal Affairs Minister

and if I might put in a word for Blackwell Industries. As one of Luthori's largest arms manufacturers we have been seeking areas to expand our business and we believe that Deltaria may be a perfect candidate. Should your defense department seek out any new contracts in the future please keep us in mind.

His Grace James Blackwell Duke of Hemsly
Justice Minister

OOC: you can choose to ignore the guys from Hexlon and blackwell industries. Thats mostly just for show.
Holy Luthori Empire
Republican

Postby kylejenkins27 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:22 am

A joint military is an idea I think all in Deltaria's government can agree to, a naval base in Dissuwa would be a good location for strenghtning Deltaria's border with Kalopia, which is neccessary for us because in recent years Kalopia has grown increasingly threatning in their rhetoric to us, even threatning war. Because of all the recent threats we have ramped up our defense spending to explore new avenues to secure our nation, I think an Arms Deal with one of Luthori's biggest suppliers would be great for our nation and for the strength and effectiveness of our military. While my I personally favor the idea of an contract to explore Deltaria's resources many within my party would view such a move as a betryal of free market principles, and Im not sure how the other parties in Deltaria would view this either, if they were to support I believe my party would as well. Joint military operations near Kalopia would show them we are not to be taken as weak.

Henry Poteat
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Whig Party Chairman
Deltarsko Risa
kylejenkins27

Postby Republican » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:45 pm

It seems we have the basic outlines of an agreement. I and my colleagues are most pleased with how the discussions have gone and believe that we can now begin to get these things written on paper and signed by each countries leaders so that they may take affect as quickly as possible. Luthori looks forward to a long friendship with Deltaria. May our countries prosper together.

His Grace Edward Price Grand Duke of Utagia
Imperial-Seal Bearer and Lord Privy Seal
Acting Foreign Minister
Holy Luthori Empire
Republican

Postby kylejenkins27 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:54 am

This is what my office has drawn up so far, for the other articles about defense purchases I'd like to see your offer and go from there, but regarding a military base here is what we came up with.

Henry Poteat
Minister of Foreign Affairs (FDR)
Whig Party Chairman

Deltaria - Luthori Mutual Defense Accords of 3424

In order to further the ties between the Federal Repbulic of Deltaria and the Holy Luthori Empire, and to ensure our mutual stability and and safety delegations from both nations have met to discuss a plan. These Accords are to be a guidline to acheiving the above

Article I
Luthori shall operate a Naval base within the Deltarian province of Dissuwa. This base shall be jointly operated and overseen by both Deltaria's military as well as Luthori's. All operations conducted within Deltaria must be cleared with the Deltarian military before execution. Luthori's military shall be permitted to conduct patrols of Delaria's waters as well as all land within the Dissuwa province freely.
Deltarsko Risa
kylejenkins27

Return to Diplomacy