King Augustinius I visits Mordusia

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: King Augustinius I visits Mordusia

Postby WatershipDown » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:06 pm

Augustinius rose after the toast made by Chancellor and the statement presented by a representative of Occupy Mordusia. He turned to his left and to his right, nodding to the various delegates and officials present.

"I thank Chancellor Burke and all members of the Mordusian government for welcoming. As you probably know, I do not play a role in Saridani politics, but rather serve as a ceremonious figurehead with various duties, most of them unpolitical. In this case, I would enjoy signing treaties with Mordusia into law, but it is not my place to propose them or draft them. However, I will speak with Mr. van Dale, our Foriegn Minister and His Grace, Director-General Arthur van Kann and see if we can come to some agreement between our two nations.

In response to the honorable member of Occupy Mordusia, I would like to remind him that I am the one who expressed an interest in visiting Mordusia. I was not invited by any member of the Mordusian government, but rather I offered to visit to improve relations and bring peace. I would also like to, at this point, express my disappointment that the treaty recognizing the Kingdom of Saridan was not voted into law by the Chamber of Delegates. However, I would like to thank Chancellor Burke for proposing it to that esteemed body of lawmakers." Augustinius turned to Mr. Burke and gave him a quick smile.

"I must respectfully decline to visit Morus Park, as I also respectfully declined an invitation to meet with Avant Mordus! leaders. I am here to represent my nation and do not wish to take sides, especially in a nation that is not my own. I will, however, meet with Occupy Mordusia and Avant Mordus! members if it is desired, but together in a neutral location, with members of the government and Chancellor Burke present as well."

Augustinius lifted his glass and looked around the large room. "Now, I propose a toast to our nations, to neighbors and to friendship! Bure en vriendskap!" He smiled as cries of "Friendship" and "Vriendskap" were heard around the room.
"Laythe hraeth ela mi, Elil Hrair Rah, a blaeth m'hlalthai, m'zyhlthai. An m'draothai ethile hlal, skufessi, uthowessi, hrayessi, paf hraray rah. Laythi kasrahalt, a vatal kasrahil, a laythai nayltil mi nahl-nyt zorn!"
WatershipDown

Previous

Return to Diplomacy