King Augustinius I visits Mordusia

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

King Augustinius I visits Mordusia

Postby WatershipDown » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:45 pm

The Public and Press Relations and Personal Secretaries of His Majesty, King Augustinius I recently announced that His Majesty will be making his first state visit to Mordusia, not only to improve diplomatic relations between the two neighbors, but also to see if he may be able to act as mediator between the various political factions in Mordusia.

In a brief statement on national television, His Majesty said:
We need peace, not only in Saridan but also abroad. Mordusia is our neighbor-political chaos and violence not only affects Mordusians, but Sariadanis as well. It is in the interests of neighborhood and friendship that I travel in a few days time to Mordusia. Our nations are bound not only by economic ties, but by ties of humanity. During this visit, I hope to do my small part to bring what peace I can to this conflict. If not, it could lead to war and the end of thousands of innocent lives over matters that can be solved just by discussion.

His Majesty's train en route to Rechtenburg

The Royal Delegation consists of His Majesty, his brother Prince Christian, several advisers (including chaplains, economic experts and retired military personnel), various administrative help, bodyguards and a small detachment of interpreters totaling an astonishing 217 people. This visit is seen by many is Saridan not only as a visit to a neighbor nation, but a risky attempt to gain international recognition of the monarchy, which will only pay off if His Majesty is able to mediate between the various factions in Mordusia. If not, then he could be seen as a failure-and therefore the monarchy as well.
"Laythe hraeth ela mi, Elil Hrair Rah, a blaeth m'hlalthai, m'zyhlthai. An m'draothai ethile hlal, skufessi, uthowessi, hrayessi, paf hraray rah. Laythi kasrahalt, a vatal kasrahil, a laythai nayltil mi nahl-nyt zorn!"
WatershipDown

Re: King Augustinius I visits Mordusia

Postby Occupy Mordusia » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:59 pm

We look forward to His Majesties visit. In the meantime we will prepare our government to welcome you.
Occupy Mordusia

Postby BigfootedAJ » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:29 pm

James North, Transitional Chair of the Ministry and Speaker of the Chamber of Delegates and John Smith, Transitional Minister for Foreign Affairs, both representing the Moralistic Idealism Party, are both looking forward to the visit and are making preparations to welcome the royal entourage. An official statement from the Moralistic Idealism Party reads:

The Moralistic Idealism Party is desperate for peace and an end to the political violence across Mordusia. Any attempts to end this madness are welcomed by the Moralistic Idealism Party and the Transitional Government of Mordusia. For this reason the Moralistic Idealism Party welcomes the visit of King Augustinius I of Saridan.
BigfootedAJ

Postby Rabbits » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:07 am

Avant Mordus! is channeling out by the thousands to wave at the King as he visits Mordusia. Louis de Montalivet has released this statement:

Palais du Montalivet

Avant Mordus is glad that a leader of such stature and righteousness has decided to visit our torn and burning nation. As Rechtenburg is in a state of complete disarray, I invite His Majesty to visit my summer estate -- perhaps we can discuss the future of Mordusia. God knows that the Chamber of Delegates certainly does not. Occupy Mordusian terrorists may even strike at the monarch in his state visit. I have ordered my cousin, Gaston, to send the Knights of Mordusia to work with His Majesty's bodyguards in defending the nobles. Let us not forget that it was only so long ago that Occupy Mordusia attacked our party headquarters in Rechtenburg.
Rabbits

Postby LordR » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:29 am

The Black Mordusia party salutes his Majesty and wishes to point out to Occupy Mordusia that this is the type of foreign intervention we support, not going to other governments to request sanctions on your own nation! We hope that his Majesty will be able to point out to both Hitori and Ikradon that their interference in a foreign nations internal affairs is unjustified and wrong and causes even more issues. Other than that, we echo the Moralistic Idealism Party's sentiments, and support them as our partner in brokering peace between the two larger and more extreme parties in Mordusia.

Also, as I hold the post of Foreign Minister, I would like to extend my government's full hospitality to his Highness and will hold back nothing if requested.

Respectfully,
Alexander Downing
Foreign Minister of the FR of Mordusia
LordR

Postby WatershipDown » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:50 am

August 3591

Crowds of dignitaries, government officials and protesters gather around His Majesty's train.

Rechtenburg, Talasor, Federal Republic of Mordusia: Arriving twenty minutes later then planned, the train carrying the Royal Delegation arrived in Rechtenburg and were met on the platform by dignitaries of both federal, regional and local governments. The military band brought by His Majesty assembled and played the national anthems of both Saridan and Mordusia. (The royal anthem was not played, as Mordusia is outside of Saridan.) King Augustinius I was led to a small podium on the platform, where he made some preliminary remarks first in Duntrekkaans, then Canrillaise and then finally in Luthori:

I bring greetings from Saridan, your friend and neighbor. I thank you for welcoming me and those who came with me. I thank you for allow me to visit your nation-to see, hear, experience and learn more about you, your nation and your people. As neighbors, we are tightly locked together in the binds of economic and cultural interests, but I think that there is more then just language, religion or economics that brings us and keeps us together. We all want a better future and we wish and hope and work towards that goal. Sometimes our methods and goals will be similar, whereas other times they will not, but still we all hope and look towards the future. That is why I am here-to look towards the future with you.

Following applause and cheers from the crowd, His Majesty was seen shaking hands and chatting with Mr. James North (Speaker of the Chamber of Delegates), the Chancellor and various members of the MIP cabinet, including Foreign Minister Alexander Downing, who was also seen joking with Prince Christian. Also seen speaking with His Majesty was Louis de Montalivet, leader of the Avant Mordus! political party.

The Mordusian government has yet to publish a schedule of the talks and discussions between His Majesty, government officials from both nations, political advisers and leaders of political parties and paramilitary groups. However, it is suspected that these talks will take much time and energy-all to a worthy cause, of course.
"Laythe hraeth ela mi, Elil Hrair Rah, a blaeth m'hlalthai, m'zyhlthai. An m'draothai ethile hlal, skufessi, uthowessi, hrayessi, paf hraray rah. Laythi kasrahalt, a vatal kasrahil, a laythai nayltil mi nahl-nyt zorn!"
WatershipDown

Postby LordR » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:23 am

We are happy to announce that agreement has already been secured between the various political parties as of today and will be put to a vote shortly. We hope that his Majesty's visit can now be focussed on strengthening our bilateral relations and mutual respect, rather than mediating our internal issues.
LordR

Postby WatershipDown » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:59 pm

Augustinius was speaking with William Smith, Mordusian Minister for Environment and Tourism, when he saw a young man walking briskly towards him.

Who is he?, Augustinius thought to himself. Ah, I remember-he's the university student doing an internship with the Press and Public Relations Department from Ellisras, but his university is in Ventersdorp. Or is it the other way around?

The young man stopped and waited while Augustinius and Mr. Smith continued talking, but continued to fidget, as if trying to tell Augustinius that he had something much more important to tell him then Mr. Smith was. Augustinius looked in his direction and nodded. He then turned to Mr. Smith and spoke:

"If you'll excuse me Mr. Smith, it seems that something very important has just come up. This will only take a minute." William Smith nodded and walked over to a larger group of Saridani and Mordusian delegates, joking and conversing with one another. The young man approached Augustinius and bowed.

"Your Majesty, we just received word that some sort of agreement was made several hours before your train arrived. The Mordusian government informs us that a mediator is no longer needed. From what we have heard, it seems that a monarch will be established, but only with ceremonial roles, just like the role Your Majesty plays in our nation."

Augustinius nodded. "I am gladened to hear that a deal has been made and that peace has been given a change. Any news on who this new monarch might be?" The young man shook his head. "Ah well, they could always nominate me!" Augustinius joked. The young man laughed nervously and looked around, to see if any Mordusians had heard the joke.

"Anyway, I thank you for the information. You've been a great help to me." Augustinius stepped forward while the young man bowed. Suddenly, he grasped the young man's hand and shook it. A look of astonishment and confusion overcame the young man's face as bowed again and left back into the crowd.

William Smith returned again. "Everything in order?" he asked. "Yes of course!" Augustinius replied. "Now, let's continue with our conversation. Mr. Smith, where is your colleague the Minister of Transportation? I want to discuss with you both the possibility of establishing better rail connections between Saridan and Mordusia."
WatershipDown

Postby LordR » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:32 pm

Your Honour,

As you may know, I, Edward Burke, was recently elected in last-minute emergency elections as Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Mordusia.

As my first act as Chancellor, I presented the treaty for recognition of your nation for ratification in our Chamber of Delegates.

We hope to further sign a Friendship Pact, a Mutual Defense/Alliance Treaty and possibly a Free-Trade Agreement.

I sincerely hope that you will continue to enjoy your stay here.

As Head of State of Mordusia, I propose a toast to King Augustinius I!

((Cries of 'The King!' can be heard all around the reception chamber))
LordR

Postby Occupy Mordusia » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:31 am

Your majesty, we wish to thank you for accepting our invitation and welcome you to our country. We are hope that your might bring a little tolerance to our troubled land. We must however offer a word of caution regarding the hands you shake. Avant Mordus are dangerous far-right fundementists whose attack on the rights of women initiated this crisis and is te reason for your invitation. They have illegally arrested the ambassador of Hutori (who remain under house arrest without charge) ad threatened a war of aggression against Hutori. Since they openly seek to create a dictatorship, I would advice against visiting the private palace of their leader or acceptibg their armed thugs as 'protection'.

Your majesty, dont let this ultra-traditionalist government decieve you. Avant Mordus have been supported by all tenother parties. The crises is far from over and we call on your mediation to ensure that Mordusa temains a tolerant, democratic state free from fundemntalism. We welome you to visit Morus Park, where for fifty years Occupy Mordusa has held daily general assemblies to let normal citizens participate in the political process in a radical new way.

Yours in suspport of democracy and tolerance,

The occupy movement.
Occupy Mordusia

Next

Return to Diplomacy