2nd session of the Artanian Council of Representatives

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: 2nd session of the Artanian Council of Representatives

Postby Farsun » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:39 am

Stefan Foth, the new elected President of the Artanian Union stood before the Artanian Council of Representatives and read aloud the results of the two resolution votes which were put forth by representatives of the council. "Resolution 1, corresponding to the status of Ikradonian membership to the Artanian Union passes. Resolution 2, corresponding to the election of myself as President of the Artanian Union, passes." Foth nods at the representatives and softly smiles. "I appreciate the honor, I look forward to working with the representatives, the coming secretary-generals and the commissioners on the duties of upholding this union." Foth clapped and the delegates followed suit. "With these resolutions being passed, I'd like to bring forth another resolution, the granting of observer status to the Kundrati Communist Party. I firmly believe that the self-imposed exile of the Kundrati Union must end! I charge the Commissioner of Artanian and External Relations to assist the Kundrati Communist Party in coming into the union if this resolution passes.

Resolution 3 - Granting of observer status to the Kundrati Communist party
Members - Dorvik, Rutania, Endralon, the Imperial Commonwealth, the Holy Luthori Empire, Aloria, Hobrazia, Dundorf
Yes - Dorvik, the Holy Luthori Empire, the Imperial Commonwealth, Rutania, Aloria
No -

((OOC: The discussion regarding the events of Northern Artanian happens after the vote, imagine that the vote already happened we just need to speed this along. Thanks!))

"With that motion being placed up for vote and debate, I'd like to begin the discussion of the events taking place in Northern Artania." Foth placed his hands on the podium. "The recent tensions between the Dundorfians and the Alorians have been detrimental to the region and threaten the very peace which has kept itself in Artania for nearly a century. We ask the Alorian representatives to inform us of the current situation of the relations between Dundorf and Aloria."
Last edited by Farsun on Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Mdantas » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:47 am

"The Dorvish government expresses his satisfaction and joy in seeing a fellow Dorvish elected to the Presidency of the Artanian Union and wishes him all the best trusting he will honor the Artanian institutions and to the Dorvish nation." Frederick Karolinger Chancellor of Dorvik.
Mdantas

Postby MichaelReilly » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:43 pm

In regards to the granting of observer status to the Kundrati Communist party, the Imperial Commonwealth votes 'yes'.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby MichaelReilly » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:47 pm

Aquinas wrote:Dumisani Shabangu, Ibutho Foreign Minister and head of the Ibutho delegation:

Our acting President shows himself to be worryingly lacking in awareness of the population demographics of my country, 93% of which is Ibutho. From where does he get this peculiar idea that the Ibutho people are a minority in this land? And from where does he get this even more peculiar idea that we are a "transported people"? Mr. Foth obviously knows next to nothing about Ibutho, and given this state of affairs, we must question whether he is suitable to be President of an organisation like this.

OOC: Can we put it another way then? The idea of a Zulu nation in the middle of Europe is ridiculous and we refuse to recognise it or play along. Sorry.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby Afrocentric » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:27 pm

Rutania votes "YES" for observer status.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Fred » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:57 pm

The Holy Luthori Empire votes 'yes' to granting observer status to the KCP.
Fred

Postby Victus » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:30 pm

The Imperial Republic of Aloria votes yes on Observer Status.
V for Victus

Republic of Aloria
Kaiser: Garren Waldreich
Kommandeur Heerführer: Garrus Waldreich
Victus

Postby Farsun » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:31 pm

OOC: Guys please also respond to the second portion of that post. Thanks!
Farsun

Postby Afrocentric » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:22 pm

Rutania, as with most on the continent, would like for peace to prevail in Northern Artania, but for that to happen, we must first begin to look at the root of the problem and work from there. It's obvious that the recent expansion in military spending on the parts of Dundorf and Aloria as well as the subsequent heated rhetoric from others have destabilized the continent to the point that some of us are already preparing for war and that should be a last resort.

Rutania and Dorvik have offered to have third-party peace talks between the two nations, but I believe that given our recent stances concerning the issue, there might be some doubt as to whether we'd act in an impartial manner. Therefore, if we are going to have a discussion about the current situation, I ask that the AU serve as the place where these peace talks take place. Finally, I'd like to point out that President Hunt has some issues concerning Zardugal's influence on Dundorfian politics. If the Honorable representative from Dundorf would be so kind to talk about what influence they have on Dundorf, I as well as Mrs. Hunt would be very appreciative.

Lawrence Bachmeier
Ambassador to the Artanian Union for Rutania

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Farsun » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:35 pm

"Dorvik can concur with the Rutanian representative, we agree that the situation in Dundorf and Aloria needs to be rectified. The intrusion of Zardugal on Artanian soil is something that has warranted such a response from the Dorvish. That is something that I can say without much hesitation, whatever the reason behind the build up militarily? I cannot speak for. A joint Dorvish-Rutanian delegation to mediate peace talks would be something the Artanian Union would sponsor, and I am sure that the government in Dorvik would permit me to represent Dorvik in such a case."

"The delegates from Dundorf have refused to come seeing as Aloria was attending the meeting, thus they cannot speak as they are not here."
Farsun

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy