Cildania hosts Chairman Gerard Collier

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: Cildania hosts Chairman Gerard Collier

Postby theoriginaltrotka » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:15 pm

The Adon nodded, as the pulled closer and closer to the Adon's residence. He said "before the revolution, societal change was random, and usually not for the best, if I may say so myself. Now we are creating a climate where our workers, social scientists, and government can collaborate together in order to continue this revolution quietly towards a better society, and one day a communist one. For now, we must work together as classes, with the workers leading the revolution. In my opinion, Cildania is the closest nation in terra to constructing a truly equal society. Things aren't perfect due to centuries of decay, but they are getting much better for a great many people"

Soon the Adon and Chairman Collier pulled up to the back of the Presidential residence, and they went inside into a formal parlor, where the Adon once again lit a pipe and began speaking in the smoky haze, slowly lacing out of his rather rehearsed and unnaturally clear Luthori accent into a heavy Cildano-Majatran one in which he only usually spoke his own language.

"revolution, by definition is world altering social change, or the destruction of a 'status quo'. In most of Majatra, the rich are drastically rich, the poor are drastically poor. I feel honestly that here in the cradle of civilization, where such religions as Ahmadism, Hosianism, and Yeudism were born, and many great technological achievements were made, we suffer from colonialism and capitalism which other, more 'westernized' nations have brought upon us. However, I feel that due to our current situation, this continent will soon bring about society shattering and humanistic social change through slow, peaceful, or maybe tumultuous revolution. One must remember, that it is not the fault of the Trigunians and Dorvish for their greed and hatred, we must work to educate them through our kindness and sympathy, and we must build exemplary societies to inspire their people. We must realize that bourgeoisie capitalism is a system which creates many victims and drones, but the strong who resist it must help others"
theoriginaltrotka

Postby Luxis » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:33 pm

"Many great systems of belief, and, indeed, change have come from the cradle. And I sincerely hope your people are successful. There's an old folk song about turning and turning till we come 'round right. The work of perfecting - of finding the best path forward for all people - is one that requires constant adjustment and change, whether that be through slow, deliberate cooperation or through massive revolutions. We all must continue to alter course for the sake of humanity."

Once again accepted the pipe if offered, Gerard offered the pipe and carefully gave a thanks in the native tongue of Cildania, though it clearly flows off the tongue as being a new word to him. "Imperial forces have throughout history pillaged for their own profits. Mordusia suffered many years ago in the center of the monarchists' manipulations, existing for the benefit of a crowned ruler seas away. When the people are in control of their future, their government, their education, their work, then we've seen great progress. Democratic regimes are much better at achieving this."
Alliance Res Public (Mordusia) - Inactive
United Katub Reformers (Beiteynu) - Active
Luxis

Postby theoriginaltrotka » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:02 pm

The Adon continued to smoke his pipe, occasionally and he said "aye, I am well aware of the struggles the Mordusian people had to put up against the foreign monarchs and imperialists. But surely, the work of societal advancement is never done, and I promise that as soon as the banners of labor fly over our warehouses and factories, we will stand abreast with our Mordusian brothers in the path of the construction of a truly amazing society"
theoriginaltrotka

Postby Luxis » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:57 pm

"I hope that we can work together to ensure our peoples are free to hold the right to self-determination, under whatever banner they choose." Gerard responds with a nod.
Luxis

Postby theoriginaltrotka » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:41 pm

The Adon lifted his pipe and nodded, before turning to a separate issue

"tonight there will be a state dinner for you"
theoriginaltrotka

Postby Luxis » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:04 am

The Chairman nods in response. "That's very kind of you. Shall we be making a joint statement of any kind? I look forward to it."
Luxis

Postby theoriginaltrotka » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:56 pm

Luxis wrote:The Chairman nods in response. "That's very kind of you. Shall we be making a joint statement of any kind? I look forward to it."

The Adon smiled, and he patted the Chairman on the shoulder and he said "a joint statement will be marvelous. I hope you packed formal attire."

The Adon packed another pipe and offered to pack another pipe for the Chairman
theoriginaltrotka

Postby Luxis » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:45 pm

"I'm certain I've packed something away for the occasion." Gerard grins as he accepts the pipe. "I've heard good things about Cildanian cuisine, after all."
Luxis

Previous

Return to Diplomacy