Talmo-Coburan Bilateral Talks

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Talmo-Coburan Bilateral Talks

Postby CCP » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:27 am

Bilateral Talks on the Establishment of Diplomatic Relations between The Kingdom of Talmoria and Aslistan and the Kingdom of Cobura During the State Visit of the Queen and King of Talmoria and Aslistan
Last edited by CCP on Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Re: Talmo-Coburan Bilateral Talks

Postby CCP » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:30 am

Grand Vizier Admassu Sisay says:

Your Majesties, thank you for granting us this audience and for accepting our State Visit invitation. We welcome Your Majesties to the land of your fathers and the home of the Perfect Gods.

We hope that these talks will be friendly and frank, and we look forward to touching on the prospects and opportunities of a formal diplomatic relationship between Your Majesties' realm and Your father's, and the implications of such a relationship for the world, especially Ezinsundu and the lands of the House of Saksoure.
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
CCP

Postby CanFly » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:59 am

Queen Moniade: "Thank you Grand Vizier Sisay for the warm welcome to Cobura. We too have much hope for these talks. We hope it will lead to much closer cooperation between the three Saksoure realms."

Reporters were surpirsed by the Talmorian monarchs' prolonged stay in Sharba, Cobura as they were originally slated to stay in the city for a few days. Reporters have also not been allowed near the conference rooms nor have they been supplied with any additional information regarding the intentions of these talks. Several notable reporters have speculated of a potential defense treaty or discussions on the new World Congress Security Council. Of course this is all speculation as officials involved with the talks have so far refused to comment.
Call me Eagle!

(Controller of House Nordenburg/Neuhaus of Talmoria)

Indrala: Inactive
Dankuk: Inactive
Keymon: Inactive
Talmoria-Aslistan: Active
Hawu Mumenhes: Inactive
Cobura: Inactive
CanFly

Postby CCP » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:59 pm

Grand Vizier Sisay

Your Majesties, Talmoria-Aslistan and Cobura have shared a unique history and relationship for some years. In fact, the various branches of Your Majesties family has maintained close relations especially through Royal marriages for nearly 500 years. However, I was personally surprised when I came into my present office as Grand Vizier to His Exalted Majesty the Lord, that there is no record of any recent formal diplomatic relationship between the realms of Your Majesties' family. So the question has occurred to me, Your Majesties: could and should we build on the long diplomacy of your Majesties' Dynasty, and if so in what ways?

If I may humbly note to Your Majesties, from the Coburan point of view, not all is right with the world and Cobura's place in it at present. Not long ago, the Five Lands emerged from a protracted sectarian civil war, which, though it has not crippled the Lord's government or people, it has caused some significant soul searching in pursuit of a new understanding of what it means to Coburan and what Cobura means to the world after the loss of so many of our citizens and with a veritable array of hostile and potentially hostile neighbors at our borders. If I may also note to Your Majesties, the Lord's government has also observed warily from afar various situations concerning Your Majesties' Kingdom, especially the decades-long occupation by the Jork-allied Artanians and the plainly criminal threats (and perhaps actions, Lord forbid) levied at Likatonian Talmorians by high-ranking members of the Likatonian government. As a subject of Your Majesty's Dynasty, and as a friend and admirer of the Talmorian people, these woeful occurrences have led me to wonder why these opponents of Your Majesties' realms and dignity felt emboldened and entitled enough to make such attacks upon Your Majesties' prerogatives and people?

I wonder if Your Majesties have had similar or related observations, and within the Vizierate of Foreign Affairs, my junior ministers wonder if each of Your Dynasty's realms shouldn't be showing more assertiveness and indeed force in defense of and as a benefit from Your family's close and ancient relations.
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
CCP

Postby CanFly » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:00 am

King Tutimaios:

I too am surprised that our two nations don't have formal diplomatic ties. I have already instructed the Farin of Foreign Affairs to present your government with a treaty to not only establish relations, but to also establish a formal alliance. Like you said, Cobura's place in the world has been and continues to be threatened. The most recent aggressor is of course Zardugal. I feel that an alliance would discourage further Zardic aggression. Furthermore, I have witnessed the injustices committed by neigboring nations on Coburan soil. Talmoria sympathizes with Cobura as we have also experienced grave injustices at the hands of the Western countries. They believe they can walk on other countries and act as if all of Terra is their playground. But, my house and I will no longer stand for this. The Saksoure dynasty reigns over the three great Ezinsundu nations, but the three nations are of course independent. I propose a formal union within the next few years of Cobura, Talmoria-Aslistan, and of course Hawu Mumenhes. Together, we shall shield the Ezinsundu people from Western imperialism and protect the weaker states of Terra.

Edit: Small errors
Call me Eagle!

CanFly

Postby CCP » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:56 pm

Grand Vizier Admassu Sisay

I am glad to learn that Your Majesty is of like-mind on these critical matters. If I may ask Your Majesty, Your Majesty says that the three great Esinsundu nations should be drawn into a closer union: does Your Majesty envision that the Kingdoms should join into a confederated structure under the reign of Your Majesties, like Your Majesties' ancestors the Emperors of the Miranan Empire? If so, we would be open to the possibility of such an arrangement, though we do have reservations regarding the wide religious diversity that would exist within such an Empire and how a Prince faithful to one religion could rule over peoples who worship other religions. That said, I and my government believe that if such an Imperial arrangement were to made, You, King Tutimaios, are the perfect Prince to lead such an Empire due to Your Majesty's vision for the Esinsundu World, Your Majesty's special and deep heritage in the lands of the three Kingdoms, and considering the declining health of Your Majesty's father.
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
CCP

Postby CanFly » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:26 pm

King Tutimaios
Grand Vizier, I am a devout follower of the Arkhe Mumenhes faith while my wife, Queen Moniade, is an Ahmadist. We have managed to live side-by-side, peacefully for several years now. I see no reason why a people as fraternal and civilized as ours cannot live side-by-side peacefully despite the religious differences that may exist. If such a confederation of the Ezinsundu people were realized then I think it would be most practical to allow religious freedoms and tolerance.
Call me Eagle!

CanFly

Postby CCP » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:57 pm

Grand Vizier Sisay

Thank you, Your Majesty, for that explanation. We agree that the people of each member country should maintain religious freedom and religious choice. But what if an Ahmadi emperor comes to the throne of an Arkhe or Hosian country? Will the people allow the emperor such religious freedom? We admit that we have concerns of what might come of such a scenario. That said, Your Majesties, we are outraged at the increasing barbarity happening in Likatonia directed at Your Majesties' subjects. Therefore, I am putting aside my reservations concerning religion and ask that Your Majesties prepare to declare an Imperial state as soon as Your Majesties' father passes to the underworld. The easiest way to constitutionally accomplish the empire may be for Your Majesties' Kingdom of Talmoria to join the Hawu-Coburan Treaty of Personal Union. We believe our brothers and sisters in Likatonia cannot wait.
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
CCP

Return to Diplomacy